Worst Refereed Games Against Cuse - All Time | Syracusefan.com

Worst Refereed Games Against Cuse - All Time

CsonkaStash

Starter
Many of you know my deep disdain for Referees and it is because they are so incredibly inept. If I did my job like them (work in IT) I would have been fired a while ago. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment but wanted to to attempt to rank or score some of the worst of all time. My criteria are going to be

Fouls (that shouldnt have been called) against us in volume out of - 10
Fouls that were not called on other team in volume out of - 10
Impact of wrong Calls in the game out of - 10
Magnitude on season (increased in NCAA tourney) - 10
Foul Shot differential - 10

I just watched the 2013 Michigan final four game as in my opinion it ranks number one all time. Maybe there should be a multiplier for end of the game fouls that alter the outcome or potential outcome with a bonus for fouling people out. Lets say that's the game and huge calls that impact the end of the game (under 2 min) get an additional point and fouling players out gets an additional point (if call was egregious) I will score Michigan game

Fouls that shouldn't have been called against us...Volume (worst of all time would have been Ohio State) was not super high but will score - 5
Fouls that were not called on Michigan (about the same, some should have gone other way down stretch) - 6
Impact of wrong calls in the game - 10
Magnitude on season - 10
Foul shot differential (not terrible but not great either) - 5
Multipliers:
block on MCW - 1
Charge on Triche - 1
Foulout of Triche - 1
Foulout of MCW - 1

The total Score is 40

Need to watch Butler, Ohio State games next. Some Duke games were bad and their Magnitude will be less but still could rank high...More to come. I'd like to make a top ten list of all time since I've been watching (around 1984)

Maybe not as important of a game, but I'll never for get this day 7 years ago against Marquette

The foul count was 22-10 and they were shoving us around the whole game. I was fired up about that game for days. I was so glad that we got to beat them in the tournament that year.

Ohio State IMHO easily - 2nd half of BE championship against Louisville when they basically allowed 2 hand touch on every possession.

Yes ! So glad you brought this one up...I remember when they basically allowed mug us the whole game..My wife made me go in the basement to watch by myself I was so livid...This one is definitely up there !

Maybe not as important of a game, but I'll never for get this day 7 years ago against Marquette

The foul count was 22-10 and they were shoving us around the whole game. I was fired up about that game for days. I was so glad that we got to beat them in the tournament that year.

Wow, you guys are bringing back some painful memories but it felt good to have so much on the line. This one I remember vividly as well and at least had sweet revenge. Some of those calls were ridiculous, they were basically playing football.

1985 game vs BC.

Froggy called a block against Andre Hawkins when it clearly was a charge on Michael Adams.

Years later Froggy admitted it was the one call that kept him up at night.

Wasn't that his last SU game he refereed ? Obviously he was extremely biased for those who think I'm crazy. He wasnt allowed to do another game

I remember Butler game being pretty awful as well. I don't think I was ever more upset in a game than that one. The refs basically called every foul on Cuse down the stretch. Only whistled Butler again once game was over. I remember countless pushes, over the backs, not called on Butler. They wanted the "little guy" to win

Many of you know my deep disdain for Referees and it is because they are so incredibly inept. If I did my job like them (work in IT) I would have been fired a while ago. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment but wanted to to attempt to rank or score some of the worst of all time. My criteria are going to be

I just watched the 2013 Michigan final four game as in my opinion it ranks number one all time. Maybe there should be a multiplier for end of the game fouls that alter the outcome or potential outcome with a bonus for fouling people out. Lets say that's the game and huge calls that impact the end of the game (under 2 min) get an additional point and fouling players out gets an additional point (if call was egregious) I will score Michigan game

Fouls that shouldn't have been called against us...Volume (worst of all time would have been Ohio State) was not super high but will score - 5
Fouls that were not called on Michigan (about the same, some should have gone other way down stretch) - 6
Magnitude on season - 10
Multipliers:
block on MCW - 1
Charge on Triche - 1
Foulout of Triche - 1
Foulout of MCW - 1

The total Score is 40

Need to watch Butler, Ohio State games next. Some Duke games were bad and their Magnitude will be less but still could rank high...More to come. I'd like to make a top ten list of all time since I've been watching (around 1984)

CJs bloodied nose was a pretty egregious oversight, jeez, and the jacket toss missed block call in Cameron was pretty bad too.

Magnitude on season - 10
Multipliers:
block on MCW - 1
Charge on Triche - 1
Foulout of Triche - 1
Foulout of MCW - 1

The total Score is 40

I’d rather chug a bottle of Tequila and not think about it

Wasn’t necessarily the worst officiated game but I couldn’t believe the missed tackle on Kris Joseph vs Butler
And for good measure, the ref is right on top of Joseph getting taken down by the neck, has to dance out of the way from the takedown, then sprints to the far corner to say Butler ball.

That hurt to watch again...what an effin joke
ahhhh the suplex, good times. Seriously I think we get more bad (both non, anticipation, and wrong) than any other high major program, it really makes winning really tough, especially in tourny games. Hard to win 8 on 5.

^^^^^^^^^^This X 100. Refs were bought.
I firmly believe the NCAA didn't want Cuse in the Final Four that year due to off the court allegations and they encouraged the refs to be alert for certain things to call against us.
For this same reason, I don't think the NCAA will want Kansas to win the championship this year and will be looking for Kansas to get bumped off due to a badly called game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom