Worst Refereed Games Against Cuse - All Time | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Worst Refereed Games Against Cuse - All Time

how many people would be good at their job if they also had to run and call things with 1-2 secs to think about.

Its like saying how many of you have to code in IT under pressure at speed? Nothing better than needing to make coding changes to a dozen programs and you have 15 min to get it done and moved to the server with no testing allowed..

Has the stripe who called the charge at Duke ever worked one of our games again? I'm sure he has but I rarely seem him anymore.

he was the guy who was running away from the play and made the call with the eyes in the back of his head.

from the ny times, february 18, 1981
The officiating in a basketball game between Syracuse and Villanova tonight led the former National Basketball Association star, Dolph Schayes, to leave the stands to challenge the referees.

It took four persons to restrain Schayes, 6 feet 8 inches tall, after the game, when he ran down from the bleachers and charged the referees, Ed Batogowski and Larry Hill.

. . . (Schayes) is a former director of officials for the National Basketball Association.

When I saw the thread title and CsonkaStash, I assumed it was a trick question and the only correct answer is: "every Syracuse game every played is the worst officiated SU game of all-time, they're all tied for #1."

Great comment and true...Refs generally hate us.

When I saw the thread title and CsonkaStash, I assumed it was a trick question and the only correct answer is: "every Syracuse game every played is the worst officiated SU game of all-time, they're all tied for #1."

And I just read Jake's comment about Marek. Thought it might be fun to link to that in this thread. :)

But in regards to the thread, the Ohio State game is clearly #1 in my book.

And I just read Jake's comment about Marek. Thought it might be fun to link to that in this thread. :)

But in regards to the thread, the Ohio State game is clearly #1 in my book.

Surprised nobody put Michigan up there. If you want to get really irritated, watch the last 3 minutes of that game again.

Surprised nobody put Michigan up there. If you want to get really irritated, watch the last 3 minutes of that game again.

Yes the Triche charge stands out for sure near the top of my list. I'd have to rewatch to jog my memory on what else happened.

There was a pretty terrible charge call against Triche in the first half of the OSU game which should have been an and 1. That took points off the board in what was mostly a close game.

Forgot about that one. Andre was a statue and Adams, (a long time pest) wound up on the line with no time left, just needing to make a free throw to win.

I also, amazingly, forgot the Michael Graham game where a flagrant foul got turned into a one-and-one by John Thompson's glare. That was Froggy, too. he lived in Syracuse and somebody figured out that 70% of his calls in a Syracuse game went against Syracuse.
You're slipping!

Wasn’t necessarily the worst officiated game but I couldn’t believe the missed tackle on Kris Joseph vs Butler
was that the suplex play ? That suplex was the most egregious non call in SU history

1985 game vs BC.

Froggy called a block against Andre Hawkins when it clearly was a charge on Michael Adams.

Years later Froggy admitted it was the one call that kept him up at night.
Was that the game in which Horace Broadnax kneed Hawkins in the groin?

And someone remind of the year we lost to Pitt in the Dome .. in the last 2 minutes. Pitt brawled us the entire game (no surprise) and the Refs let them get away with murder. At the end of the game, the pitt guard clearly traveled about 3-4 steps after the ball was inbounded - no call. We would have had the ball and a chance to tie. Horrible, horrible officiating that I'll never forget (I've repressed most of it).

Last edited:
how many people would be good at their job if they also had to run and call things with 1-2 secs to think about.

Its like saying how many of you have to code in IT under pressure at speed? Nothing better than needing to make coding changes to a dozen programs and you have 15 min to get it done and moved to the server with no testing allowed..

We can't do what the basketball players do, either but we know when they do it badly.

1985 game vs BC.

Froggy called a block against Andre Hawkins when it clearly was a charge on Michael Adams.

Years later Froggy admitted it was the one call that kept him up at night.
One in the Leo era ,80's ,Dr Tom Davis Coach, BC Game 6 SU Players fouled out...

For this same reason, I don't think the NCAA will want Kansas to win the championship this year and will be looking for Kansas to get bumped off due to a badly called game.

Luckily for the NCAA, Bill Self is more than capable of doing that himself without their thumb on the scale.

1992 NCAA Tourney 2nd Round vs UMass, in Worcester. Pretty much a road game. Calipari's coming out party. Came out of nowhere to win the BET a week earlier, battled them real tough in OT. Down 1, ball goes out of bounds under UMass basket with 29 or so seconds left, like 4 seconds on shot clock, ref gives them the ball in disbelief of SU players. To beat the shot clock their center Harper Williams hit the first 3 of his career to give them a 4 point lead, which we never recovered.

A few days later the NCAA said they got the call wrong.

Froggy = Dick Paparo

The most hated ref!

1582727751734.png

can only post the link, can't see the video, so might be slightly NSFW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom