Would a palyoff have prevented this? | Syracusefan.com

Would a palyoff have prevented this?

SWC75

Bored Historian
Brent Axe has been praising this column, which says that Mike Tranghese could have prevented this by supporting a playoff which would have given all the conferences so much money that they wouldn't need to raid eachother:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=dw-wetzel_stop_realignment_start_football_playoff_092211

If we wind up with four 16 team conferences, it would be an easy thing to have two semi-final games in December after the conference championships and have the title game in a bowl. You want a national championship? Win your division, then your conference, then one of the two extra games and then the bowl game. The problem would be that if Notre Dame, BYU and Texas are independent due to their wonderful TV contracts and Boise State is going around beating everybody, there could still be some controversy. But it would still be better than what we have now.

i think we have all learned by now ND is driving the BE bus and a playoff i would assume means no independence for them. not surprising.

I think that would make independents obsolete. ND, wannabe Texas, etc would have to join conferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom