Would Hop Consider This? | Syracusefan.com

Would Hop Consider This?

We are laughing!!
ron-swanson-laughing.jpg

Once you get a feel for the quality of life in the Pacific Northwest not too many people leave.
East Coast Bias here but what's good in the Pacific Northwest? All I know are the stereotypes of it always being cold and rainy and what I've watched of Portlandia.

There's no logical reason to make that move right now.

There's only a handful of moves Hop makes at this point in his career imo. A ramshackled Pitt is not one of them.
Handful nothing. He would only leave for the Syracuse job.

Handful nothing. He would only leave for the Syracuse job.
Eh, there's some blue blood jobs out there that just about anyone would take... He left for Washington, you don't think he'd leave for Arizona, UCLA or something of the like?

You guys make it like he’s not part of this leverage play. I do think he’ll leave Wash to go somewhere else someday. I would assume he comes back to Syracuse since it’s a much better job than Wash and will pay more I assume. But he may jump for more money now.

I feel like if he were to leave the only options he’d consider are something west coast, or Cuse.

You guys make it like he’s not part of this leverage play. I do think he’ll leave Wash to go somewhere else someday. I would assume he comes back to Syracuse since it’s a much better job than Wash and will pay more I assume. But he may jump for more money now.

He would probably lose money leaving this year, there is a 2M buy out penalty in his contract this year that buy out penalty decreases to 500,000 in the fifth year of his contract and there is no penalty thereafter. According to sources, he made 1.8 M this year and under current contract salary increases to 2.3M the fifth year, this of course does not include any performance bonus that might accrue. I doubt it would be financially beneficial, unles a new team were willing to pay his buy out.

East Coast Bias here but what's good in the Pacific Northwest? All I know are the stereotypes of it always being cold and rainy and what I've watched of Portlandia.
I think a lot of it’s the weather. It never gets too hot or cold. Summers are in the 70’s and winters are in the high 30’s and low 40’s. It maybe snows 2-3 days every other year and gets in the 80-90 for 4 days during the summer. It’s is a 2 hour drive to skiing and the beach. Also since Amazon, Boeing, Microsoft and Costco are all in the Seattle area there are nice restaurants and other amenities but housing is expensive. It’s not very cold and it rains but it’s like a light rain not a heavy rain.

It will be interesting to see what we are willing to pay our next coach. JB is like the 50th highest paid coach in the country. No hometown discount next time

He isn’t going there but he only makes 1.8m a year and if Pitt pays 3m do the math. I could see them using his contract after next year if he has another really good year which he will because everyone is back and he has kids coming in. Also Zona falls off a cliff.

He would probably lose money leaving this year, there is a 2M buy out penalty in his contract this year that buy out penalty decreases to 500,000 in the fifth year of his contract and there is no penalty thereafter. According to sources, he made 1.8 M this year and under current contract salary increases to 2.3M the fifth year, this of course does not include any performance bonus that might accrue. I doubt it would be financially beneficial, unles a new team were willing to pay his buy out.
Convenient that he will no longer have a buy out penalty by the time JB is most likely to retire after Buddy is no longer on team.