Would Hop Consider This? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Would Hop Consider This?

I think a lot of it’s the weather. It never gets too hot or cold. Summers are in the 70’s and winters are in the high 30’s and low 40’s. It maybe snows 2-3 days every other year and gets in the 80-90 for 4 days during the summer. It’s is a 2 hour drive to skiing and the beach. Also since Amazon, Boeing, Microsoft and Costco are all in the Seattle area there are nice restaurants and other amenities but housing is expensive. It’s not very cold and it rains but it’s like a light rain not a heavy rain.

isn't it the rainiest city in the country?

isn't it the rainiest city in the country?
No. It has less rain per year than Buffalo and Rochester. It’s not even in the top 15 for total inches of rain. If you go by days with rain it’s like 6th I think.

I think a lot of it’s the weather. It never gets too hot or cold. Summers are in the 70’s and winters are in the high 30’s and low 40’s. It maybe snows 2-3 days every other year and gets in the 80-90 for 4 days during the summer. It’s is a 2 hour drive to skiing and the beach. Also since Amazon, Boeing, Microsoft and Costco are all in the Seattle area there are nice restaurants and other amenities but housing is expensive. It’s not very cold and it rains but it’s like a light rain not a heavy rain.

Off topic, and not trying to be a jerk, but that all sounds awful to me! Granted, I live in a place that visitors describe as like living in a dogs mouth, but still.

Has to be power play by his agent to get more money. I would think he wouldn't leave UW after 1 year for the dumpster fire Stallings left. Would be curious to see what he could do in the acc.

Off topic, and not trying to be a jerk, but that all sounds awful to me! Granted, I live in a place that visitors describe as like living in a dogs mouth, but still.
I'm actually a pretty big fan of Houston (wife is from Sugar Land and went to Rice, so we go back there very often). The city has a lot to offer, even if a lot of it isn't that kind on the eyes. But the weather alone--compared to Seattle, San Francisco, or any other less dog-mouthy town--would be enough for me to choose not-Houston. Still, Houston's got jobs and a vibrant economy, unlike a lot of more temperate places. I feel unimaginably lucky to live in Austin and have a good job with air conditioning. I'm 24 years into living in Texas, and the summers still absolutely blow.

No. It has less rain per year than Buffalo and Rochester. It’s not even in the top 15 for total inches of rain. If you go by days with rain it’s like 6th I think.
It only rained twice last year. Once for 35 days and the other for 60.

JK. That's what they told me when I visited there doing that thing recently.

I lived in Seattle for 3 years. Beautiful city, the summers are incredible, but too many LA transplants made it feel too flaky of a place at times. I was there in the early 90s during the grunge craze, interesting times.

It will be interesting to see what we are willing to pay our next coach. JB is like the 50th highest paid coach in the country. No hometown discount next time

I would hope they are proactively thinking about this...

As a very very self described "personal finance expert" - i would advise they pretend they are paying Boeheim top 10 money and start investing the difference.

The cupboard is not even bare, the entire house was swallowed into a sink hole, and the property has been condemned up to a 5 mile radius. who would go near that place? I think he is smarter than that.

upload_2018-3-23_8-45-32.png

And it seems that Hop and UW have really embraced each other.

Pitt?

The school is trying to fraudulently void its six year deal with Stallings.

A contract is not a contract with Pitt.

I can't believe for a second that Hop leaves UW for Pitt.

Last edited:
And it seems that Hop and UW have really embraced each other.

Pitt?

The school is trying tofraudulently void its six year deal with Stallings.

A contract is not a contract with Pitt.

I can't believe for a second that Hop leaves UW for Pitt.

it makes no sense to me but someone is doing his bidding. I would be shocked if he isn't the next HC of Syracuse in 5 years so that interim move would be illogical. But money talks.

East Coast Bias here but what's good in the Pacific Northwest? All I know are the stereotypes of it always being cold and rainy and what I've watched of Portlandia.

Lived throughout the east coast most of my life and then moved to a few places in Cali for about 5 years and now am back on the east coast in Tampa on the water. I would still prefer almost any place on the west coast over the east and if I was making a few million bucks too, there's no shot I'd move anywhere east.

Eh, there's some blue blood jobs out there that just about anyone would take... He left for Washington, you don't think he'd leave for Arizona, UCLA or something of the like?

I think you're exactly right. I think it's either Syracuse or the exact 2 elite west coast schools you mention. Imagine USC is a complete no go after turning him down previously.

East Coast Bias here but what's good in the Pacific Northwest? All I know are the stereotypes of it always being cold and rainy and what I've watched of Portlandia.

Yes it rains a lot but as odd as it sounds people mostly ignore it. It's sunny in the summer, no humidity to speak of with temps in the 70s. From Northern California all the way to British Columbia along the coast is drop dead gorgeous for one thing. Mountains, volcanoes, lakes, waterfalls all within driving distance. Seattle and Portland are really cool cities, great food, great music, very livable cities. Seattle is around the corner from Vancouver -- if you haven't been there, you should go. I'm sure this sounds weird but it's got a unique vibe.

Lived throughout the east coast most of my life and then moved to a few places in Cali for about 5 years and now am back on the east coast in Tampa on the water. I would still prefer almost any place on the west coast over the east and if I was making a few million bucks too, there's no shot I'd move anywhere east.

Monterey Bay resident here. The only problem is you need a few million bucks now to live here.

Yes it rains a lot but as odd as it sounds people mostly ignore it. It's sunny in the summer, no humidity to speak of with temps in the 70s. From Northern California all the way to British Columbia along the coast is drop dead gorgeous for one thing. Mountains, volcanoes, lakes, waterfalls all within driving distance. Seattle and Portland are really cool cities, great food, great music, very livable cities. Seattle is around the corner from Vancouver -- if you haven't been there, you should go. I'm sure this sounds weird but it's got a unique vibe.

Took the Amtrak Cascades from Seattle to Vancouver a few years ago with my wife. Cracked open a bottle of wine and just stared out the windows for a few hours, was incredibly beautiful.

Monterey Bay resident here. The only problem is you need a few million bucks now to live here.

For real? I lived in Monterey for a few years while my wife was at DLI. Then moved from there down to San Diego when she got sent to Coronado. If I could live anywhere in the country it would be Monterey again.

For real? I lived in Monterey for a few years while my wife was at DLI. Then moved from there down to San Diego when she got sent to Coronado. If I could live anywhere in the country it would be Monterey again.

Santa Cruz. Been here for years. Super crowded now in the summer, the locals all stay at home until the exodus at labor day. As you know, just as bad if not worse in Monterey. I'm only 20 mins north and head down there a fair amount. I avoid Carmel at all costs. But that's pretty minor for how cool it is to live here and all there is to do. There's a fricken redwood forest in my back yard and the beach is five minutes away. What's not to like? Don't get down south too often but I do like the San Diego area. What did your wife think of DLI?