Would Hop Consider This? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Would Hop Consider This?

Took the Amtrak Cascades from Seattle to Vancouver a few years ago with my wife. Cracked open a bottle of wine and just stared out the windows for a few hours, was incredibly beautiful.

Been on that ride. It is something else.

People Hopkins is represented by CAA.
The most cutthroat sports agency in the business.
One of their associates leaked to Goodman who is probably a client as well about Hop-Pitt to get Hop some leverage to get something from Washington.
He isn’t leaving.

Hop probably had nothing to do with the leak. His agency did it all and Goodman is doing work for them.

Off topic, and not trying to be a jerk, but that all sounds awful to me! Granted, I live in a place that visitors describe as like living in a dogs mouth, but still.
Weather that lacks extreme temperatures is perfect for people that spend a lot of time outdoors. That's exactly what that region is known for.

Yes it rains a lot but as odd as it sounds people mostly ignore it. It's sunny in the summer, no humidity to speak of with temps in the 70s. From Northern California all the way to British Columbia along the coast is drop dead gorgeous for one thing. Mountains, volcanoes, lakes, waterfalls all within driving distance. Seattle and Portland are really cool cities, great food, great music, very livable cities. Seattle is around the corner from Vancouver -- if you haven't been there, you should go. I'm sure this sounds weird but it's got a unique vibe.
I actually may be going to Vancouver. My company offers trips for hitting certain promos and my office hit one that qualified me for either The Bahamas in May or Vancouver in June. I picked the Bahamas but the woman I'm bringing works for the Florida Panthers and if they make the Playoffs, I'll have to switch to the June Vancouver trip.

Everyone tells me it's awesome but, again, East Coast Bias had me wondering why I'd ever want to vaca in West Coast Canada.

Program's in great shape, ready for Hop to slide in and start racking up wins.

burning_house_cg3p58912c_th.jpg

I actually may be going to Vancouver. My company offers trips for hitting certain promos and my office hit one that qualified me for either The Bahamas in May or Vancouver in June. I picked the Bahamas but the woman I'm bringing works for the Florida Panthers and if they make the Playoffs, I'll have to switch to the June Vancouver trip.

Everyone tells me it's awesome but, again, East Coast Bias had me wondering why I'd ever want to vaca in West Coast Canada.

Vancouver in June by a million over the Bahamas.

Santa Cruz. Been here for years. Super crowded now in the summer, the locals all stay at home until the exodus at labor day. As you know, just as bad if not worse in Monterey. I'm only 20 mins north and head down there a fair amount. I avoid Carmel at all costs. But that's pretty minor for how cool it is to live here and all there is to do. There's a fricken redwood forest in my back yard and the beach is five minutes away. What's not to like? Don't get down south too often but I do like the San Diego area. What did your wife think of DLI?

She enjoyed it to the extent possible when you're thrown into a classroom with 5 teachers from Baghdad and are in there 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 18 straight months. We would go camping in Big Sur as much as possible and got married at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park which is on a billion postcards. I worked over in Watsonville and really miss the incredible burritos I could grab on lunch for like 5 bucks. Aptos BBQ was a favorite of ours for sure. Probably visited Santa Cruz about a dozen times. Usually stopped at Surfrider or Seabright. Once saw Kyle Kinane do a set at The Crepe Place which was pretty awesome.

Interesting. I'm definitely more of a beach and sun kind of guy but you're making me feel better about my Plan B if the Panthers go to the Playoffs.

A point out with a game in hand. Going to be close.

Having been to both places, I'd imagine that Vancouver would be way more enjoyable if you're trying to see things and eat great food. Just taking in the visuals of the mountains meeting the water is really incredible. Obviously if you just want to park your butt in the sand and shut your brain off for a few days and get a tan, then it's an easy choice. Just nothing about the Bahamas was memorable to me, it was a typical Caribbean island that didn't really differentiate itself in any way. Culture was ok, the food was ok, water and the beaches are wonderful of course. A hooker jumped in our taxi van unprompted one night and propositioned my friends and I on the way back to our hotel, that's the only thing that was memorable haha.

A point out with a game in hand. Going to be close.

Having been to both places, I'd imagine that Vancouver would be way more enjoyable if you're trying to see things and eat great food. Just taking in the visuals of the mountains meeting the water is really incredible. Obviously if you just want to park your butt in the sand and shut your brain off for a few days and get a tan, then it's an easy choice. Just nothing about the Bahamas was memorable to me, it was a typical Caribbean island that didn't really differentiate itself in any way. Culture was ok, the food was ok, water and the beaches are wonderful of course. A hooker jumped in our taxi van unprompted one night and propositioned my friends and I on the way back to our hotel, that's the only thing that was memorable haha.
That's exactly what makes it so appealing. That water is amazing.

Kentucky, UCLA, UNC, Duke Kansas, Syracuse.

I think that's the list.
Not that I know the man personally like you do I assume, but I would think that Arizona, Louisville, Michigan State, UM, Florida, and Oregon, and Ohio State would at least tempt him?

That's exactly what makes it so appealing. That water is amazing.

Certainly is, but is barely different from Miami or anywhere on the Gulf side of FL.

Better bring your steamer trunk. There's a reasonable chance that once you experience Vancouver you won't return east.

if you do go to Vancouver, make sure you get to Victoria Island, BC too. really awesome place to visit, as is Vancouver

She enjoyed it to the extent possible when you're thrown into a classroom with 5 teachers from Baghdad and are in there 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 18 straight months. We would go camping in Big Sur as much as possible and got married at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park which is on a billion postcards. I worked over in Watsonville and really miss the incredible burritos I could grab on lunch for like 5 bucks. Aptos BBQ was a favorite of ours for sure. Probably visited Santa Cruz about a dozen times. Usually stopped at Surfrider or Seabright. Once saw Kyle Kinane do a set at The Crepe Place which was pretty awesome.

Holy shite! You hit all my favorite places. Aptos BBQ is all of five mins from where I live. Been to Pfeiffer maybe a billion times. My wife went to Watsonville HS eons ago and still knows the places only the locals go. So I take it you've been to the lane in Santa Cruz to see the pro surfers?

I'm with you. He'll have the chance to go to the Bahamas a 100 times, but a trip out west may really be a once in a lifetime. I nearly moved out there recently, so I'm slightly biased as well.

And I burn like only an Irishman can so the beach doesn't always do it for me. Plus it gets kind of boring.

just watched a hgtv show island retreats about whidbey islands about an hour from seattle.
looks like paradise. syracuse over seattle is a tough sell. especially if you like the ocean .

(edit. the home the couple choose sold for just 412k ) makes me think about heading west.

Last edited:
Holy shite! You hit all my favorite places. Aptos BBQ is all of five mins from where I live. Been to Pfeiffer maybe a billion times. My wife went to Watsonville HS eons ago and still knows the places only the locals go. So I take it you've been to the lane in Santa Cruz to see the pro surfers?

Used to be real pissed when I'd walk into Santa Rosa market and there was a line of school kids on their lunch break too.

Monterey Bay resident here. The only problem is you need a few million bucks now to live here.

I was in the area on and off for a while. Got my masters at NPS.

Used to be real pissed when I'd walk into Santa Rosa market and there was a line of school kids on their lunch break too.

Speaking of Santa Rosa, I'd like one of these fresh from the tap tonight.

pliny.jpeg

pliny.jpeg

Haha, Santa Rosa market is in Watsonville. However, I have been to Russian River and thoroughly enjoyed their 18 tasters board. Also did Pliny the Younger once, was not impressed.

pliny.jpeg
  • Oh, now he's a philosophizer.
  • Cram it up your cram hole! Prepare to be humiliated on cable television.

I was in the area on and off for a while. Got my masters at NPS.

I can't fathom how much the property that DLI and NPS take up is worth. Its absurd.

Haha, Santa Rosa market is in Watsonville. However, I have been to Russian River and thoroughly enjoyed their 18 tasters board. Also did Pliny the Younger once, was not impressed.

Man, wish I knew you guys had all this info on the area when the company I work for still had a facility out that way. Used to stay in Marina.

Man, wish I knew you guys had all this info on the area when the company I work for still had a facility out that way. Used to stay in Marina.

I lived an exit over on the old Fort Ord off the Sand City exit.