Would people prefer to play Pittsburgh or Boston College as the season ending game? | Syracusefan.com

Would people prefer to play Pittsburgh or Boston College as the season ending game?

Alsacs

Living Legend
The ACC has these games locked into rivalry week.
Florida-Florida State
Georgia-Georgia Tech
Kentucky-Louisville
South Carolina-Clemson
Virginia-Virginia Tech
North Carolina-NC State

That leaves Wake, Syracuse, Boston College, Pittsburgh, Miami, Duke

Every year but 2016 the ACC has gone
Wake-Duke
Boston College-Syracuse
Miami-Pittsburgh.

In 2016 the ACC went
Wake-Boston College
Miami-Duke
Syracuse-Pittsburgh

So would be rotating it more be something they consider?
I like the idea of having Syracuse rotating the season ending game between both BC and Pitt.
The other 4 teams don’t really care either.

I ask because I think we could get more fans at BC if it wasn’t Thanksgiving weekend each year.
A fall October game at BC could see 3-5k Orange fans.

The ACC has these games locked into rivalry week.
Florida-Florida State
Georgia-Georgia Tech
Kentucky-Louisville
South Carolina-Clemson
Virginia-Virginia Tech
North Carolina-NC State

That leaves Wake, Syracuse, Boston College, Pittsburgh, Miami, Duke

Every year but 2016 the ACC has gone
Wake-Duke
Boston College-Syracuse
Miami-Pittsburgh.

In 2016 the ACC went
Wake-Boston College
Miami-Duke
Syracuse-Pittsburgh

So would be rotating it more be something they consider?
I like the idea of having Syracuse rotating the season ending game between both BC and Pitt.
The other 4 teams don’t really care either.
I don't really care. I guess I like the rotation. Boston is one of my favorite cities and my wife loves it too. But traveling on Thanksgiving weekend is never going to happen for us.

Pittsburgh.

We’ve surpassed BC imo. Pitt is still an absolute thorn in our foot.

Octobers in both Boston and Pittsburgh are better than Thanksgivings. I rather go to Miami that weekend. But it probably makes the most sense for it to be Duke. No Northeast weather. Drivable. Will have good road crowd. Winnable. Both are private schools. Schools both care about BBall and Lax. Neither have a real rival to play that weekend.

Just don't understand playing "rivalry" games on Thanksgiving weekend. No students, generally s*&(^tty weather and team's fate basically decided in many cases. Shows absolutely no consideration for the fan experience at the game. I'd rather see the ACC stagger these games. If Cuse played at BC in September or October I'd be there almost every time. Thanksgiving weekend? I was there once. Bleachers coated with ice, half filled stadium and absolutely zero excitement. Wife spent the second half in the hockey arena! No thanks.

I'd rather play Buttgers. Or Penn State (I know, not gonna happen). Inter conference games are more interesting end of year.

BC. Any weekend other than thanksgiving. It’s a non starter for me

Who are Pittsburgh and Boston College?

I prefer Miami.

One add on
Pittsburgh, Duke, Miami Coastal teams
Boston College, Syracuse, Wake are Atlantic teams
Now Pitt-Syracuse and Duke-Wake are protected crossovers so SU has to play either BC or Pitt for the schedule to be done.

One add on
Pittsburgh, Duke, Miami Coastal teams
Boston College, Syracuse, Wake are Atlantic teams
Now Pitt-Syracuse and Duke-Wake are protected crossovers so SU has to play either BC or Pitt for the schedule to be done.
Or we play someone out of conference, like a lot of other ACC schools do.

West Virginia, Penn State and Rutgers could all fit the bill.

No Trueblue25, there will be no UB rivalry game to end the season. Not unless NYS pays the bill for a Deathstar reno for the Dome.

No Trueblue25, there will be no UB rivalry game to end the season. Not unless NYS pays the bill for a Deathstar reno for the Dome.
Ub wouldn’t agree to it anyways if it wasn’t on a 1:1 style agreement ;)

For SU to play a nonconference opponent the last week another ACC team would have to do as well.

I ask because I think we could get more fans at BC if it wasn’t Thanksgiving weekend each year.
A fall October game at BC could see 3-5k Orange fans.

There were still a lot.

The rain game 2 years ago wasn't last weekend and we probably did have a higher percentage of fans.

If we go out of conference, it would be good to rotate Maryland and Rutgers.

If we stay in conference, then Pitt.

With BC, do something similar to Tennessee-Alabama (3rd Saturday of October).

For me if it's between BC or Pitt, the Eagles all the way. But like others I would prefer it was Miami but that won't even be possible until no divisions and 3-5-5 scheduling model is adopted. Then we would need to be Miami's third annual opponent which isn't a given.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom