Would you be surprised if we lose go Chaminade? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Would you be surprised if we lose go Chaminade?

Would you be surprised if we lose to Chaminade?

• Yes

Votes: 83 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 58 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonzaga’s not a powerhouse? Ok.
No.
I was thinking in terms of ‘historically good’ teams, but even in the context of the current NCAA, no. Didn’t see a single player on that squad that impressed me.

You guys are nuts.

We just played 2 top 15 teams in our first 5 games with a new coach. We’re not as bad as we looked. We got figuring out to do and notes to take from Maui.
That is true but it does not change the fact that our man to man defense has looked very bad in the two exhibition games and the three games we won. We also struggle mightily to hit jump shots and have no low post game so we watch our guards play iso ball. How many good teams are built that way, and that does not account for our bad rebounding

We should beat all the bathroom products. We beat the toothpaste, let's beat the toilet paper Charmin, Oral Roberts next!

Some folks here are miserable. Yes we have lots to work on but we lost to 2 very good basketball teams. We win tomorrow.
We lost to two good teams that we never came close to winning. It’s one thing to be competitive, it’s another to show up and get on the court and look lost for 80 minutes.

We lost to two good teams that we never came close to winning. It’s one thing to be competitive, it’s another to show up and get on the court and look lost for 80 minutes.
Really good teams can make you look bad. I am not happy about it but I am not hitting the panic button yet either.

Really good teams can make you look bad. I am not happy about it but I am not hitting the panic button yet either.
What in the first three games made you feel good though? First time two games weren’t great, the Colgate comeback was nice, but that was an awful game too. We haven’t even played a good half yet. I just don’t see it.

What in the first three games made you feel good though? First time two games weren’t great, the Colgate comeback was nice, but that was an awful game too. We haven’t even played a good half yet. I just don’t see it.

Yes, unfortunately you're right. We haven't looked vaguely as good as I hoped. I hoped we would be better defensively, and that there would be more effort and less complacency.

The score was kind of close, but as close as it was it seemed like we didn’t have a chance, we couldn’t get one stop then score.

I kind of agree; Tennessee was managing the lead against us. But we played with more effort. We looked dead against Gonzaga from the outset.

in both games we were reasonably close with around 5 minutes left in each game and then completely tanked the last few minutes. I think we sort of gave up and then the scores ballooned. It's not as bad as it seems right now. It really isn't. This is like day one after a bad break up. tomorrow will feel a bit better.

in both games we were reasonably close with around 5 minutes left in each game and then completely tanked the last few minutes. I think we sort of gave up and then the scores ballooned. It's not as bad as it seems right now. It really isn't. This is like day one after a bad break up. tomorrow will feel a bit better.
12 points is reasonably close now?

You guys are nuts.

We just played 2 top 15 teams in our first 5 games with a new coach. We’re not as bad as we looked. We got figuring out to do and notes to take from Maui.
We didn’t look good against two doormats and a plucky bunch at Colgate. I’d say we could definitely lose. I don’t think we will but it wouldn’t shock me if we did.

We are still a better team in Division I. So, yes, I will be very surprised. We should win at least 15 points under normal circumstance.

Will we out-rebound Chaminade?
We are a small team. Our guards need to outscore our opponent early to compensate the lack of size. So far, we failed in each game we played, even against the less opponent. This is our problem. The win is up to us if we can score points needed to win, not what Charminade does.

We are a small team. Our guards need to outscore our opponent early to compensate the lack of size. So far, we failed in each game we played, even against the less opponent. This is our problem. The win is up to us if we can score points needed to win, not what Charminade does.
Plenty of smaller teams.

By not having a quality big man, poor rebounding, passing and shooting makes this current team vulnerable to lose to anybody.

This ^^^^ And I'm really starting to get p'd off. We hung with 2 top teams for a good part of each game, or made several comeback type of runs. To me this is a positive and something to build on. Remember most of our Final Four teams started out with early loses. New coach, new system, new everything after many years, and I will take it.
Voice of reason.

12 points is reasonably close now?
12 pts isn't much considering it was 6 pts with just over 8 minutes left. It's not like it was 20 and we artificially brought it down to 12. we played awful both games and yet were in each of them well into the second half.

We are what we looked like. That wasn’t an optical illusion.
Your own characterization was “bad.”

The hope is that we don’t remain as bad as we looked for very long.

It’s not like we were playing powerhouse teams. They’re ranked there because the state of the game is weak. There’s a way to lose, even to lose by 15-20, and not look inept in so many ways.
Uhh they were KenPom top 10 teams and will be all year. This sounds like old man on the porch yelling at cloud. I’m not even high on us, but if you don’t think this Maui field is loaded you won’t think anyone is good all year.

Some folks here are miserable. Yes we have lots to work on but we lost to 2 very good basketball teams. We win tomorrow.
Why are they miserable, because they think we could lose? If you think there’s no way we can lose our next game you’re delusional. We aren’t anywhere near a good team yet. Hopefully we can get there this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom