Would you rather make the tournament | Syracusefan.com

Would you rather make the tournament

Why does this question come up every year. I don't think anyone has ever said "I'd rather not make it"
I don’t remember seeing this particular question. If that’s the case theres tons of posts repeated every year . I’ll ask it again next season .

I would rather lose in the NCAAT by 30 to a crappy New England college starring TJ Sorrentine and Taylor Coppenraths kids banging 3's from NBA range than win the NIT.

(Unlike Eric, I do not respect the NIT)

I would rather not have s e x with Gal Gadot, than risk her breaking up with me the next week. It would be heartbreaking.
After a quick google search I’ll take care of her for ya.

More exposure, more money, more experience on the big stage for a young team, less negative recruiting against you, more records you can carry.

Of course just make it.

But, over the years the Orange have seriously busted lots of brackets. I think having a really good bracket busting run is the best part.

659950B6-21F4-43A4-B89A-335800A6425B.jpeg
And lose in the first game or not make it at all? Id rather make and lose just people say the recruits look at stuff like this, as i roll my eyes.

And lose in the first game or not make it at all? Id rather make and lose just people say the recruits look at stuff like this, as i roll my eyes.
Always make it. I feel like when you lose is less important before the elite 8. It really is final 4's, championships and elite 8's. That along with making it is what helps. You get more expose towards the end for the program.

Why would you not want to make the Tourney?

Why would you not want to make the Tourney?

I am lost on that point also. It totally screws my March if we're not in it although I still watch it.

I am lost on that point also. It totally screws my March if we're not in it although I still watch it.

Gotta be in it, to win it!!

As much as losing in the first game sucks (ask Georgetown, as they have mastered that) - it's still WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than not getting to play that game at all.

It's a false dichotomy. I just want a shot. Then we'll see what happens. If we wind up in the NIT, let's win that.

march madness will always be my favorite sporting event. its a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE letdown when cuse aint in it. even with a 1st round exit you still have that excitement on selection sunday when you see syracuse pop up and the 3 or 4 day buildup to the 1st round game. theres nothing like it.

I think a better question is, would you rather a season:

1) Were a #1-#3 seed throughout, believed you had a shot at the national title, and were eliminated by the final four (2010 + 2012)
2) Barely make the tournament, and have a surprise run and make the final four and getting blown out (2016)

As a fan I would take the outcome of 2010 and 2012 all the time ... unless that #2 is a national title.

I think a better question is, would you rather a season:

1) Were a #1-#3 seed throughout, believed you had a shot at the national title, and were eliminated by the final four (2010 + 2012)
2) Barely make the tournament, and have a surprise run and make the final four and getting blown out (2016)

As a fan I would take the outcome of 2010 and 2012 all the time ... unless that #2 is a national title.

i would take 2. i realized in 2013 all that matters is the tournament. i dont live and die with regular season games as much as i used to, theres so much parody in college basketball that all you gotta do is make the tournament and you can make a run.

its like in football, would you rather your team go 14-2 and lose in the playoffs before the super bowl, or go 9-7 and make it as a wild card and go to the super bowl. gimme the super bowl, gimme the final four.

I would rather not have s e x with Gal Gadot, than risk her breaking up with me the next week. It would be heartbreaking.

But what if it was s e x with Ryan Reynolds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom