Would you rather make the tournament | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Would you rather make the tournament

I think a better question is, would you rather a season:

1) Were a #1-#3 seed throughout, believed you had a shot at the national title, and were eliminated by the final four (2010 + 2012)
2) Barely make the tournament, and have a surprise run and make the final four and getting blown out (2016)

As a fan I would take the outcome of 2010 and 2012 all the time ... unless that #2 is a national title.

Another false dichotomy. If we had a 30-1 regular season next year I wouldn't be sad knowing that it meant we weren't going to make it to the Final Four. If we went 21-10 i wouldn't be happy because now we have a chance to make it.

I would value either result. I'd rather be in the final four with the 30-1 team because now we've got a better chance to win. I will say that, despite the ending I had more fun rooting for the 2010 and 2012 teams than the 2013 and 2016 teams, who rescued frustrating seasons with the good run at the end. I think I measure the quality of the team based on the entire season, not being hot at the right time.

I think a better question is, would you rather a season:

1) Were a #1-#3 seed throughout, believed you had a shot at the national title, and were eliminated by the final four (2010 + 2012)
2) Barely make the tournament, and have a surprise run and make the final four and getting blown out (2016)

As a fan I would take the outcome of 2010 and 2012 all the time ... unless that #2 is a national title.

2016 for sure.

Another false dichotomy. If we had a 30-1 regular season next year I wouldn't be sad knowing that it meant we weren't going to make it to the Final Four. If we went 21-10 i wouldn't be happy because now we have a chance to make it.

I would value either result. I'd rather be in the final four with the 30-1 team because now we've got a better chance to win. I will say that, despite the ending I had more fun rooting for the 2010 and 2012 teams than the 2013 and 2016 teams, who rescued frustrating seasons with the good run at the end. I think I measure the quality of the team based on the entire season, not being hot at the right time.

You’re definitely overthinking this.

You’re definitely overthinking this.

Evaluating an entire season based on what happens in a single elimination tournament is definitely under-thinking it. The tournament can make a season special but so can the season itself.

I would rather not have s e x with Gal Gadot, than risk her breaking up with me the next week. It would be heartbreaking.
the sex wasn't bad but when she broke up by text i was totally crushed .

Last edited:
March Madness or no March Madness??

What do u prefer??

Only the Syracusefan romper room board can come up with gems like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom