Would you rather? | Syracusefan.com

Would you rather?

H

HOFCeluck

# Summerthread

1. Syracuse basketball reach blueblood status

2. Syracuse football reach Alabama/LSU/USC caliber.

You can only pick one, and selecting one demotes the other to Rutgers status.

# Summerthread

#1 has already been achieved.

You know, I knew someone was going to post that.

Syracuse is not a blueblood program.

2 is way too far fetched to think it even possible. I always been more of a hoops guy anyway so I'll roll with JB.

Rank​
College​
First
Season​
Seasons​
Wins​
Losses​
Winning percent​
1 Kentucky 1903 109 2090 649 .763​
2 Kansas 1898 114 2070 806 .720​
3 North Carolina 1911 102 2065 734 .738​
4 Duke 1906 107 1971 834 .703​
5 Syracuse 1901 111 1844 822 .692​

You know, I knew someone was going to post that.

Syracuse is not a blueblood program.
SU is not one of the half dozen super-elites, but it is certainly among the blue bloods.

Amazon is not Wal Mart, but it is still a Fortune 100 company. Syracuse is to Amazon as Duke is to Wal Mart.

# Summerthread

Once and for all the "glass half full choice is moot until you know if you have the bottom half or not?:confused:

Hoops season is longer, with more television and game watching opportunities, more analysis, and a legitimate post-season that we can always look forward to... not to mention it helps us through the coldest 6 months of the year. If the football team sucks, I can always go rake leaves, go on a hayride, and enjoy the crisp autumn air. And of course, there would be a basketball season right around the corner.

Why is this even a debate?

# Summerthread

Basketball.

If Syracuse football goes 9-4 with a win in the Pinstripe Bowl, like RU did last year, I would be completely satisfied.

Hoops season is longer, with more television and game watching opportunities, more analysis, and a legitimate post-season that we can always look forward to... not to mention it helps us through the coldest 6 months of the year. If the football team sucks, I can always go rake leaves, go on a hayride, and enjoy the crisp autumn air. And of course, there would be a basketball season right around the corner.

Why is this even a debate?
Blue your best post ever!!!
So agree.

I never thought I'd "llike" a Blue Curtain post!

Just one other point-----even if the football team could get to the heights, how many games a year could you see in person or even with TV?

# Summerthread

Basketball all the way, football seems like too much of a fantasy.

Once you've answered that try these.... WOULD YOU RATHER - MORE TOUGH CHOICES.

Personally I like (a) one night of Friends with Benefits with Kristin Stewart vs (b) discovering a cow that milks pure crude oil.

SU is not one of the half dozen super-elites, but it is certainly among the blue bloods.

Amazon is not Wal Mart, but it is still a Fortune 100 company. Syracuse is to Amazon as Duke is to Wal Mart.
They aren't a blueblood. They are an elite program, certainly top 10 or so overall; but the bluebloods are set in stone and I don't think anyone who isn't a true blueblood can be added to that list.

# Summerthread

I would end FB if SU basketball could legally have what Kentucky has going on.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Rank
College
First
Season
Seasons
Wins
Losses
Winning percent
1 Kentucky 1903 109 2090 649 .763
2 Kansas 1898 114 2070 806 .720
3 North Carolina 1911 102 2065 734 .738
4 Duke 1906 107 1971 834 .703
5 Syracuse 1901 111 1844 822 .692

Being 5th on the all-time wins list is certainly a great achievement, but we simply have not been to enough Final Fours to warrant being in that truly elite conversation. We're a 2nd Tier power with teams like Louisville, Michigan State, Arizona, UConn and Ohio State.

I would rather Syracuse have an elite football program, because college football is awesome. There's nothing like tailgating on a nice fall Saturday. Football road trips are also easier to make and a lot more fun, especially to the "big" schools and nice campuses. Plus, the SUAD would stand to make a ton more money from having elite football rather than elite basketball. Elite football also ensures we would never be left behind in conference realignment if things ever changed again.

I'm not sure we aren't number 6 on the list. As for football the city of Syracuse would have to relocate below the Mason-Dixon line

I don't want to play bad cop here; but 1 National title doesn't put us in blueblood territory.
Then why does every sports article that mentions the top bball programs in the country always include us?

Then why does every sports article that mentions the top bball programs in the country always include us?

He's drawing a distinction betw. bluebloods and top or elite programs.

To use the extreme, nobody's calling Boise State a blueblood. Though they are perhaps the best (i.e. winningest) program of the last decade.

Being amongst the top (like I said, we are probably in the top 10) doesn't make us a blueblood.

4 Final Four's in our history does not make us a blueblood. We aren't Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Indiana, UCLA or Kansas. We are probably somewhere in the middle of the 2nd tier (like the poster above mentioned) slightly below UConn/Michigan State/Arizona and ahead of a team like Louisville.

Being amongst the top (like I said, we are probably in the top 10) doesn't make us a blueblood.

4 Final Four's in our history does not make us a blueblood. We aren't Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Indiana, UCLA or Kansas. We are probably somewhere in the middle of the 2nd tier (like the poster above mentioned) slightly below UConn/Michigan State/Arizona and ahead of a team like Louisville.

Why do you think we would slot ahead of Louisville, but behind Arizona? I would actually rank Louisville ahead of the other second tier programs you list.

2 National Championships
9 Final Fours
12 Elite Eights

16th all time in number of wins, but their .658 winning percentage is higher then 9 of the 15 teams with more wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom