Wouldn't be SU without drama | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wouldn't be SU without drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 1000 kids enter the transfer portal each year in search of more playing time. No one wants to sit the bench and wait their turn. People can blame whomever they want but it's the way it works.

Meh. I agree but I don't. Kid played minutes early in the year. He proved he's capable.

I don't know what practice has been like, so I can't comment on his recovery. But it is clear he thinks he should be playing more. And if he is healthy again, he has already proven himself.

If I’m Kadary I’d be concerned about PT next year. When you’re the best player at a position and don’t start nor get deserving minutes and assuming his has pro aspirations, you look for the best opportunity, to be honest, not sure it’s here.
I am confidant that if Kadary improves his outside shot, he will play the majority of the minutes at the 1. I don't see him going anywhere. JB will shoot himself in the foot. Rarely in the head.

Meh. I agree but I don't. Kid played minutes early in the year. He proved he's capable.

I don't know what practice has been like, so I can't comment on his recovery. But it is clear he thinks he should be playing more. And if he is healthy again, he has already proven himself.

Everybody's different.

Frank got Covid, and he's practically done for the year.

Woody got 4 minutes against Clemson, and struggled to get up and down the court. He didn't look fully recovered a few weeks ago.

He's got to be patient. Covid sucks.

If I’m Kadary I’d be concerned about PT next year. When you’re the best player at a position and don’t start nor get deserving minutes and assuming his has pro aspirations, you look for the best opportunity, to be honest, not sure it’s here.

Worked for Dion Waiters .

Kids do delete stuff often which I never really have understood.
When I was in high school, my friend would occasionally go wallow and sit all by himself at a lunch table, looking all sad, until inevitably some girls would notice and go sit with him asking him what’s wrong. We’d all be cracking up watching it unfold.

This seems like the modern version of the way to get some attention, compliments, and positive reinforcement.

The problem is, he was a top 150 recruit who is getting zero minutes, how many programs in the country give zero minutes to a top 150 recruit? Especially a team which isn’t in the top 25.
It’s to the point where it’s clear why guys don’t want to come here.
Eh. If you want to take this on a game by game basis, sure not a lot of freshman ranked in the top 150 get 0 minutes. But there's plenty of players ranked higher yet are averaging less minutes per game than Woody (on non top 25 teams as per your criteria) this season. If he missed weeks of practice due to Covid right before ACC play, then it's easy to understand why his minutes have dwindled.

Eh. If you want to take this on a game by game basis, sure not a lot of freshman ranked in the top 150 get 0 minutes. But there's plenty of players ranked higher yet are averaging less minutes per game than Woody (on non top 25 teams as per your criteria) this season. If he missed weeks of practice due to Covid right before ACC play, then it's easy to understand why his minutes have dwindled.
I guess that’s my question, how many players, and who do they play for. I wouldn’t be happy if I were him or if he was my kid. Unreasonable maybe, but I’d rather be at a non power 5 school and play.

I feel like Woody and Braswell are the same player so I'm assuming one will transfer especially with Benny coming in. This board was lighting up not so long ago about Woddy and now he doesn't see the floor??? JB's short rotation just doesn't give these kids a chance especially if they get in there and don't produce in their spot minutes they will get buried at the end of the bench. I'd like to somehow see both Woddy and Braswell getting some minutes especially if the starters are off like so many games we have seen this year but it won't happen.

The fact he'll never start a game for us honestly makes me furious. I like Girard but there is no way his play will be at a level to justify bringing Kadary off the bench to keep him happy. And Joe is the guy suited to 6th man role. This isn't another Dion where it made sense from a basketball perspective.

But Boeheims ego comes first.

I guess that’s my question, how many players, and who do they play for. I wouldn’t be happy if I were him or if he was my kid. Unreasonable maybe, but I’d rather be at a non power 5 school and play.

No chance Woody has to drop down below P5 level to play.

He will be a guy that transfers to a peer program and does well. Most of the guys pushed out you knew were limited like Moyer/Goodine/Carey.

Johnson was good but JB treated him like turd. He single handedly beat a good ND team on the road. He'd have been a starter somewhere other than Lasalle and got NBA minutes.

I hate saying that I'm old enough to remember what people said about that situation (but I am.) Neither Scoop or Triche were great. (they were very solid).
I wanted Waiters to start and play a majority of the minutes, what what you will about the two starters but they were both upper classmen and we lost 3 games the entire year with the way things were set up. If we were undefeated right now, I’d probably be ok with Kadary coming off the bench, we’re not undefeated and we aren’t very good, there’s zero excuse for Richmond to be starting on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom