Wow jerami grant!!! | Syracusefan.com

Wow jerami grant!!!

solvaycuse44

Walk On
Christmas better be careful and step it up or christmas is gonna find a more permament spot on the bench alot longer than usual. Grant is lookin good

Play of the game. Grant look away pass to DC2 dunk! Makes this messy game worth it.

Sometimes you can tell when a player just gets it pretty early on. Its clear that Grant just gets it. He will still have ups and downs like any frosh..and he probably will fade as we get to the big east season this year, but the little things he does bodes very well for his future. Not only is his ceiling very high, bus his floor is very high. that is rare

Several posters here (not to be named) had Grant relegated to a RS; certainly the end of the bench with no chance to play.

Sometimes you can tell when a player just gets it pretty early on. Its clear that Grant just gets it. He will still have ups and downs like any frosh..and he probably will fade as we get to the big east season this year, but the little things he does bodes very well for his future. Not only is his ceiling very high, bus his floor is very high. that is rare

No doubt. Obviously, the kid has great bloodlines. But you can also just tell that he has an instinctive feel for how to play, and very advanced skills when it comes to finishing in the paint. No surprise, given that he probably grew up playing against his 6-9 dad who was an NBA player, not to mention playing against high major caliber competition at DeMatha.

Grant is going to be a very good player in our system. Wouldn't surprise me [depending on how things break] to see him be a three year starter.

Christmas better be careful and step it up or christmas is gonna find a more permament spot on the bench alot longer than usual. Grant is lookin good
Exactly what one of the ESPN announcers said (causing the director to show a shot of Christmas on the bench).

He had a very nice breakout line - 11 pts, 2 boards, 2 steals, 2 blocks (per ESPN). Hopefully he can take advantage of the remaining OCC schedule. Likely not to get much time in BE play (especially in close games) except for taking some time if fouls rear their ugly head or during blowouts. I like what I see thus far.

This...reminds me of Shumpert, Fair and KJo...right away, you just knew they could ball.

He had a very nice breakout line - 11 pts, 2 boards, 2 steals, 2 blocks (per ESPN).

What number did they divide his rebounds by? Seemed like he had about 4 in a 5 minute span alone.

I liked it because I thought it was a joke. Is my dang sarcasm meter out of batteries? Or too many batteries?
:crazy:
You got it right.

I think it is CJ who has to worry about his mins.

Several posters here (not to be named) had Grant relegated to a RS; certainly the end of the bench with no chance to play.

I might have been one of those (if I didn't post it, I sure thought it).

Kid's been the biggest revelation on the team. Tremendous finisher after contact, remarkably high hoops IQ. And pretty much never brings the ball down to be stripped or blocked.

I might have been one of those (if I didn't post it, I sure thought it).

Kid's been the biggest revelation on the team. Tremendous finisher after contact, remarkably high hoops IQ. And pretty much never brings the ball down to be stripped or blocked.

I'll cop to it, too . . . I thought our depth at forward could make him a RS candidate . . . and the option still remains. Let's not forget that (a) this was Eastern Michigan, not Michigan State and (b) he's still the 9th man, by a pretty clear margin (almost 30% fewer minutes than 8th man Trevor Cooney).

That being said, it's pretty clear that he should be ready to step right into James' roll next year, or possibly even start if Rak makes the leap.

From preseason and off season reports, I thought Cooney would be the bench frosh we'd all be raving about...but it's Grant.

This is like a Fab/Keita situation all over again, with regard to early expectations.

I see a Boeheiming in Grant's future.

CJ will see the third most minutes per game when the dust settles, not far behind Triche and MCW.

He's got a ways to go, but his upside is a game like John Wallace. He's already hit a couple three's this year. John didn't show that part of his game until he was a junior. John was also forced to play a lot more; we didn't have nearly so many really good big men back then.

What league? Rak will be here 4 years.

You never know. He's really trying to expand his offensive game. It's still early in the season, and there are a lot of games to be played. These players are going to get a lot better as the year goes on. Too much competition for playing time for any of them to stagnate and still expect to get big minutes.

CJ will see the third most minutes per game when the dust settles, not far behind Triche and MCW.

James will be third we need the scoring

He's been struggling, no doubt, but let's not get down on any of our guys too much this early in the season. There are a lot of people growing into new roles this year. So far, no slip ups, and let's just keep getting better. We'll need every one of these 9 guys at some point in the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom