Wow jerami grant!!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wow jerami grant!!!

Almost seems like he is playing too fast & not letting the game come to him.

Grant reminds me of Cole Trickle.; pure raw speed, jittery little control... once he figures out the kinks, finds his rhythm, and learns when to rev that motor... he could be somethin special.

Oh MY Gawd... cj fair is not going to play 22 minutes... Zero chance.

Suspend yourself for a week if u actually believe that. See you next Wednesday.

Reactions: MGP
Don't get your argument. Of course minutes change year-to-year. Give me an example of a young player who has unexpectcantly stolen consistant minutes from a veteran at Syracuse. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head in my 40 yrs of watching. Bottom line and point I am trying to make, CJ will not be losing minutes to Grant anytime soon.
Triche went from 28.8 mins per game as sophomore to 22.5 mins as a junior those minutes went to Dion who went from 16.3 as a freshmen to 24.1 as a sophomore. He played more than Triche not by accident or happenstance because JB wanted it so. This is called "coming for someones minutes", which is all I'm saying regarding CJ and Grant. This might not be a big deal to you but it is to the players. It is heavily talked about and competed for, players want to play and they will have open conversations and jokes about how "Player B is coming for Player A minutes"

Grant is coming for CJ's minutes and Rak and DC2 will be fighting for minutes at the center spot. Baye will get his minutes with either Rak or DC2 but not both IMO.

Triche went from 28.8 mins per game as sophomore to 22.5 mins as a junior those minutes went to Dion who went from 16.3 as a freshmen to 24.1 as a sophomore. He played more than Triche not by accident or happenstance because JB wanted it so. This is called "coming for someones minutes", which is all I'm saying regarding CJ and Grant. This might not be a big deal to you but it is to the players. It is heavily talked about and competed for, players want to play and they will have open conversations and jokes about how "Player B is coming for Player A minutes"

Grant is coming for CJ's minutes and Rak and DC2 will be fighting for minutes at the center spot. Baye will get his minutes with either Rak or DC2 but not both IMO.

WE PLAYED EASTERN MICHIGAN LAST NIGHT!!!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/61822/jerami-grant

Jerami is NOT getting CJ Fair's minutes.

I don't think Grant's nice performance will affect CJ's (or JSs) playing time in big games. Hard to do that.

The big positive is for the long term fans. We now get the added confidence that 2014 be in good shape along the front line. Odds are Rak, DC2, BMK, CJ, and now Grant will be here as college proven non-frosh. Even if one goes, the front line will still be stocked with experienced, talented, players.

Grant's playing time situation still looks to be like MCW's '11-'12 season. And like with MCW, it is great for us fans to see that the future of the program looks solid.

Grant is not "coming for anyone's minutes" this year, my friend. I think this has been beaten into the ground like a baby seal (sorry cto);) move along...

Don't get your argument. Of course minutes change year-to-year. Give me an example of a young player who has unexpectcantly stolen consistant minutes from a veteran at Syracuse. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head in my 40 yrs of watching. Bottom line and point I am trying to make, CJ will not be losing minutes to Grant anytime soon.

Rick Jackson took KO's starting job in 08-09 and never gave it back, and KO went from starting, to barely playing, and finally started cracking the rotation heavily again towards mid-Big East season.

Reactions: MGP
Rick Jackson took KO's starting job in 08-09 and never gave it back, and KO went from starting, to barely playing, and finally started cracking the rotation heavily again towards mid-Big East season.
Good example. Again, very rarely does it happen. KO was always a role player though, even when he was starting, not one of your top 2 or 3 "go-to" guys like CJ is.

I'm not down on CJ but Grant is playing well and he not going to take minutes from James and I group those 3 players together.
If Grant keeps showing what he did last night, he will take JS minutes when things are needed other than 3pt shots.

It is really a matter of degree, not absolutes. JB has said all 9 will play -- now we see why. How many minutes Grant will get in tough games -- yet to be determined, but you look at what he does when he gets opportunities.

For those who say this was Eastern Michigan (in judging Grant), it was Eastern Michigan for CJ and Rak as well. But it was Grant and DC who made plays.

If Grant keeps showing what he did last night, he will take JS minutes when things are needed other than 3pt shots.

it is unbelievable how fast opinions change on this board.

southerland was going to be an nba player 3 days ago. now he is losing PT to a freshman who played pretty good vs a horrific team.

I'm not even mad, that is just amazing.

For the freshman, this is the first games of their careers and they're probably excited and just getting into it. CJ Fair has played 75 games so far, including some big ones in the Big East and NCAA tournament. I guarantee he's not giving full effort because he knows what's coming up. No need to push yourself against Eastern Michigan. Same goes for Triche, Southerland who have played over 100 games to date.

it is unbelievable how fast opinions change on this board.

southerland was going to be an nba player 3 days ago. now he is losing PT to a freshman who played pretty good vs a horrific team.

I'm not even mad, that is just amazing.

I have said all along that JS needed to show he had improved over last year. Two good shooting games and then he comes back with nothing the next game. His inconsistency has been his hallmark.
I hope he has games the rest of the season half as good as Arkansas. My point was simply that IF Grant shows more of what he did against EMU, he will get time when JB isn't just looking for JS to drop 3pt shots.

stop_the_madness.jpg
16-stopthemadness.jpg
28715032.jpg

JB is looking for more shooting James is losing minutes. Grant is very talented! He is 2 years younger than anyone else on the team and comes from a basketball family!

If you break the team down into it 3 basic components you have your guards (MCW, Triche, and Cooney) your wings as I like to call them (James, CJ, and Grant) and your bigs (DC2, Rak, Baye) now we can play 2 wings or we can play 2 bigs this is largely determined by defense. If bigs are not covering their area of the zone than we will probably play two wings (Rak and DC2 are not playing well at 4 in the zone). CJ has had one good game this year the first that is it, it's not personal I like the kid (what's not to like seems like a good kid) but when JB saying in a presser that CJ is not hitting his mid-range and he has to hit that shot because that is his game. That he is practicing too many 3s and he need to work on his mid-range more in practice. (not a direct quote but close enough) Then JB says that Grant played well in some critical minutes in the first half (same presser) what conclusions should I draw?

If you break the team down into it 3 basic components you have your guards (MCW, Triche, and Cooney) your wings as I like to call them (James, CJ, and Grant) and your bigs (DC2, Rak, Baye) now we can play 2 wings or we can play 2 bigs this is largely determined by defense. If bigs are not covering their area of the zone than we will probably play two wings (Rak and DC2 are not playing well at 4 in the zone). CJ has had one good game this year the first that is it, it's not personal I like the kid (what's not to like seems like a good kid) but when JB saying in a presser that CJ is not hitting his mid-range and he has to hit that shot because that is his game. That he is practicing too many 3s and he need to work on his mid-range more in practice. (not a direct quote but close enough) Then JB says that Grant played well in some critical minutes in the first half (same presser) what conclusions should I draw?
That CJ needs to work on his mid-range game and that Jerami has done some nice things. Period. Will have zero effect on PT in meaningful games.

Believe 1/2 of what you see and none of what you hear... multiply by 2 when Jim Boeheim says it.

You must be a brand new fan this year! Welcome!

Believe 1/2 of what you see and none of what you hear... multiply by 2 when Jim Boeheim says it.

You must be a brand new fan this year! Welcome!

I'm not I probably older than you and if JB says anything remotely critical of one of players publicly believe it...the rest is BS I agree.

"We're going to play 9 guys" still translates to 7 in meaningful games per my JAB decoder ring. One of those 7 will not be JG.

You're right on the second part - Fair will be there when we need him. Strong player. He's struggling. Playing below the rim, having a lot of difficulty getting his shot to fall, getting stripped a lot. His role has changed and he hasn't found his groove yet.
Spot on. How quickly people forget that CJ won the SDSU game for them, and then against Ark, against that pressure, it is CJ who deserves the credit for breaking their pressure. MCW was off the ball on the inbounds with CJ taking it up the side time and time again. Because there isn't many forwards who will be able to cover him in the open floor, and his handle is reliable. JB is expanding his game, and these little growing pains are part of his development, but will not impact the rotation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom