Wow, night before Duke game and crickets! | Syracusefan.com

Wow, night before Duke game and crickets!

Where is everybody? Sad.

Laughed with the bartender here in Durham - opened up once he found out I was from Syracuse - he is a closet UNC fan working in Duke land and hopes SU beats down Duke - double loss in one week is more than he could hope for. He said Dukes legs gave out in last 10 minutes of UNC game (otherwise he thought UNC should have lost that game) and should be a good win for Cuse cause Dukies looked worn out to him.

What's the old saying - an enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Laughed with the bartender here in Durham - opened up once he found out I was from Syracuse - he is a closet UNC fan working in Duke land and hopes SU beats down Duke - double loss in one week is more than he could hope for. He said Dukes legs gave out in last 10 minutes of UNC game (otherwise he thought UNC should have lost that game) and should be a good win for Cuse cause Dukies looked worn out to him.

What's the old saying - an enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Welcome to life in the Triangle (being Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hell). Duke, unc, NC State: all within 20 miles or so. I grew up there (alum and faculty brat at Duke). My neighbor was a die-hard unc guy. Down the street was the president of the wolfpack club (in the David Thompson era). We go to school, work, shop, and play together. We don't answer the phone after losses. Lots of... fun. Or something.

Do y'all have any rivals close by? Hell, do y'all have any rivals?

-jk

But, really, I think both teams are a bit somber after the midweek games.

-jk

-jk- said:
Welcome to life in the Triangle (being Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hell). Duke, unc, NC State: all within 20 miles or so. I grew up there (alum and faculty brat at Duke). My neighbor was a die-hard unc guy. Down the street was the president of the wolfpack club (in the David Thompson era). We go to school, work, shop, and play together. We don't answer the phone after losses. Lots of... fun. Or something.

-jk

UConn, Georgetown, Pitt, WVU, BC, St. John's, Hopkins, Villanova. Seton Hall and providence both hate us, but while we shared a conference, they were never really in our league.

-jk

We are without rival... In fact you can't even use that word on this board.

We are out partying it up

funny_dance_fail_gifs_03_zpsc48ba6d7.gif

-jk

Ok I'll give you your first "like" and welcome to the Orange board.

My only reply to you is that you and all here in the triangle will soon understand what it feels like to finally "fear the true Orange" in the ACC...

We are without rival... In fact you can't even use that word on this board.

But a good rival (not looking at you, MD) helps focus your efforts. Sorry you don't have one.

-jk

What'd they say? What'd they say?

Believe it or not, a lot of whining about the referees. Claims that they played like a "young team," nervous of the hostile environment in Chapel Hill. Naturally this led to beliefs that they will play better at home against Syracuse, and I get that but don't agree with the fans influencing too much of the game. In fairness to the hosts, whom I equate to espn personality Skip Bayless x 2, they did back off that platform because Duke typically gets big crowds on the road and they referenced the Dome among others. Also a lot of talk of early turnovers and lack of shooting last night, again being evidence that it was a blip on the radar and will be quickly corrected. Seems like a lot of false confidence in their fan base concerning tomorrow. They think their team will play better at home, and they may, but I didn't sense they truly believe it. Anyway, the raw emotion from these callers was priceless.

But a good rival (not looking at you, MD) helps focus your efforts. Sorry you don't have one.

-jk

Perhaps, in time... If you ever do beat us, you will be able to claim us as your rivals. Good luck.

Wow. Just went to the Duke forum. They are not sounding very confident. A bit worried actually. Especially with the fact that the players looked tired last night. Also worried about foul troubles they have had. They think it will be a close game overall. And not sounding sure of the outcome.

Perhaps, in time... If you ever do beat us, you will be able to claim us as your rivals. Good luck.

No, but nice try though. It'll take a long time before you could supplant unc.

My hope is for JB to coach a long time: my money is on K trying to outlast him.

-jk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom