Wow, night before Duke game and crickets! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow, night before Duke game and crickets!

No, but nice try though. It'll take a long time before you could supplant unc.

My hope is for JB to coach a long time: my money is on K trying to outlast him.

-jk

Nice try at what? We have no vision of supplanting UNC as your rival.. We are leaving that up to ESPN as it seems to their hope. We could care less and will wait for rivalries to blossom in our new conference. They will take time though and they will develop on the court, not on the internet so much. As far as JB goes, he is in good shape and I personally see him going another 5+ years.

Guy across the bar is trashed.. He just bought a shot of Jameson for everyone sitting at the bar. If they refused the shot, he drank it, and told them they weren't allowed to sit at the bar anymore. We now have 4 people less at the bar then we started

Guy across the bar is trashed.. He just bought a shot of Jameson for everyone sitting at the bar. If they refused the shot, he drank it, and told them they weren't allowed to sit at the bar anymore. We now have 4 people less at the bar then we started

Bro, that's a mirror is across the bar from you

Last edited:
Wow. Just went to the Duke forum. They are not sounding very confident. A bit worried actually. Especially with the fact that the players looked tired last night. Also worried about foul troubles they have had. They think it will be a close game overall. And not sounding sure of the outcome.

kind of sounds familiar...

Welcome to life in the Triangle (being Raleigh, Durham, & Chapel Hell). Duke, unc, NC State: all within 20 miles or so. I grew up there (alum and faculty brat at Duke). My neighbor was a die-hard unc guy. Down the street was the president of the wolfpack club (in the David Thompson era). We go to school, work, shop, and play together. We don't answer the phone after losses. Lots of... fun. Or something.

Do y'all have any rivals close by? Hell, do y'all have any rivals?

-jk

Welcome.

Georgetown and Uconn were our rivals, but we left them in purgatory.

I'm guessing Louisville will develop into our main rival. We have had some good battles with them lately, and both should be good for the foreseeable future

No, but nice try though. It'll take a long time before you could supplant unc.

My hope is for JB to coach a long time: my money is on K trying to outlast him.

-jk

I'm curious how much longer K will hang around after B retires. I'd imagine he wants to get more wins at Duke than B has at SU but perhaps it's not a big deal to him?

Our rivals have not been supplanted yet. Doesn't matter that we've left the conference. They are who they are and that should be obvious. Also obvious is we've added fluke. Good times...

I'm curious how much longer K will hang around after B retires. I'd imagine he wants to get more wins at Duke than B has at SU but perhaps it's not a big deal to him?

I rather suspect K wants to keep the D1 record. I don't think he cares so much about a single school record - he's proud of his Army stint. He also will see the 2016 Olympics through - and stay at Duke through 'em. At least that's my hope...

-jk

I rather suspect K wants to keep the D1 record. I don't think he cares so much about a single school record - he's proud of his Army stint. He also will see the 2016 Olympics through - and stay at Duke through 'em. At least that's my hope...

-jk
We really could care less.

Wow. Just went to the Duke forum. They are not sounding very confident. A bit worried actually. Especially with the fact that the players looked tired last night. Also worried about foul troubles they have had. They think it will be a close game overall. And not sounding sure of the outcome.

They shouldn't be confident. I told everyone in our UNC chat to not worry, that their legs would die in the 2nd half. K plays 6 players of late, they were playing on short rest, and K kept his starters in ALL GAME against GT... even though they were blowing them out. I fully expected UNC, on more rest and being MUCH deeper, to run them down in the 2nd half, and if we kept it close, that we would win.

I am not sure they have enough time to get their legs back before playing 'Cuse. dook has the shooters to beat your zone, if they have their legs back. I am betting they won't.

Would y'all say the Duke board is in a meltdown?!? I had to say my word at least once tonight. It won't be quite as fun if used tomorrow.

As for crickets, maybe the single members of the board(are there any? lol) are out looking for some nook and getting their pre-game going early?

Would y'all say the Duke board is in a meltdown?!? I had to say my word at least once tonight. It won't be quite as fun if used tomorrow.

As for crickets, maybe the single members of the board(are there any? lol) are out looking for some nook and getting their pre-game going early?

It was nuclear. One dook toolbag, who is an elementary school teacher, was bragging about how he broke down and lectured his class on how UNC cheats, deserves to lose, and are just bad people. ( Which, if true, the loser needs to be fired. That is way out of line as a teacher. )

It was nuclear. One dook toolbag, who is an elementary school teacher, was bragging about how he broke down and lectured his class on how UNC cheats, deserves to lose, and are just bad people. ( Which, if true, the loser needs to be fired. That is way out of line as a teacher. )
And...this is a Cuse board. Can we not get carried away w what happened last night and concentrate on tomorrow??? Again fluke!!!

Kinda depends who's on the board. He's hardly the only wonk down on Tobacco Road. I'd imagine there are certain jurisdictions that would give him a raise for that.

edit: and even if he was terminated, there are certainly judges who would find for him in a wrongful dismissal action, lol!

Last edited:
And...this is a Cuse board. Can we not get carried away w what happened last night and concentrate on tomorrow??? Again fluke!!!

My friend, these guys are bringing the noise(there's an 80s nod) tonight more than us. Plenty of room to talk on here, although I hear you. It would be like if Cuse played UNC tomorrow. lol Yeah, I said it. Luckily we got Duke.

We always b*tch and moan about a sense of entitlement, well let's not be hypocrites. As posters, let's raise our game. But criminy it's friday night... I have to reply to several emails offline before(well, nevermind), but i should be back to help by the time most of you are passed out. DNabb and SeattleCuse will be the only ones left to witness me(other than those with the power to erase me), and for all I know they could be more messed up than me. If so, the more power to them. I love this board and people of all types.

Tonight we may be all "CJ is a ballhogg-ed and Ennis needs to grow a pair before 5 seconds on the shot clock"ed out. I dont know, just a guess. I"m being humorous my friend. Let's do like in WW1 on Christmas and drink and smoke with the enemies in the trenches. We're all humans, we have more alike than different.

Last edited:

Are you feeling ok? A 'Cuse fan asked what the dook board was like, I answered and you get your underwear in a bunch over it? :crazy:

Kinda depends who's on the board. He's hardly the only wonk down on Tobacco Road. I'd imagine there are certain jurisdictions that would give him a raise for that.

edit: and even if he was terminated, there are certainly judges who would find for him in a wrongful dismissal action, lol!

I am just saying a teacher has zero right to try and impress ANY of his/her beliefs/views/allegiances on children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom