Wow Talk About Shots Fired By BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow Talk About Shots Fired By BC

That's not even first shot fired. That blog has been trying to stir shiat up for quite a while. It's amazing how much that blog hates SU. If I had to describe my feelings for BC, the closest word would be "indifference," but I don't think that word really works because I don't think I care enough to be indifferent.

To be honest, there was some heat between us and BC the last few times we played them. We owned them at the beginning of our rivalry, but they got a lot of good offensive linemen and we had some trouble with them toward the end. This is a team I look forward to playing again in football.

I love it!

BC wants us to be our rival!

I have no problem with that - the Eagles were despised under the Pasqualoni regime - they were the rival.

Lets go back to it - no problem.

When did BC start to care about athletics?

I am starting to like Clemson fans...

You get this:

AFO.JPG

I love it!

BC wants us to be their rival!

I have no problem with that - the Eagles were despised under the Pasqualoni regime - they were the rival.

However the problem is that the other team has to be at least a little relevant for a rivalry to start...in this case I am not sure BC qualifies...

Another sad mouth breather who has never gotten over the bad sombrero purchase.

I want to keep this positive and constructive, so here goes:

BC fans would be best served picking fights with peer programs like Duke football and Northwestern basketball.

Now that sir...was a LMAO in the office and people looking at me like I am weird...again...BRAVO!!!

:rolling:

Well BC will always have the "hopper" to brag about. They could continue hiring Cornell grads as coaches and play "pretend" Ivy League. Has to be awful being a steppingstone for any decent coach they ever had. Don't they currently have another former SU coach heading their football team? Well no wonder they have high hopes and are talking smack.

Another sad mouth breather who has never gotten over the bad sombrero purchase.

I want to keep this positive and constructive, so here goes:

BC fans would be best served picking fights with peer programs like Duke football and Northwestern basketball.
What's the story with the sombrero?

Are people reading this article as serious? It's clearly an attempt by the writer to stir up a dormant rivalry and do it in a somewhat fun way. Obviously everything is exaggerated, I don't understand what people are mad about. I thought it was well done.

Are people reading this article as serious? It's clearly an attempt by the writer to stir up a dormant rivalry and do it in a somewhat fun way. Obviously everything is exaggerated, I don't understand what people are mad about. I thought it was well done.

Sadly, you might have let the cat (eagle?) out the bag for some. It was funny.

This was not a press release from the BC AD's office. Although, it would be great if it were.

We are just enjoying it. We are football junkies and need a fix. This the best we can do until pracyice reports start rolling in.

I love it!

BC wants us to be their rival!

Yup. That's the way I read it too. Just trying to stir things up.
They were always miffed that we didn't view them as an equal in the BE. As I still don't. What has BC EVER done? Squat.

lmao, what's the story behind that? during holiday break? Exhibition game? It can't really be like that during a regular season game, can it?

Funny enough, I was actually at the game with a colleague of mine. Conference game against Maryland in Feb. They sit their students underneath both baskets. ALL of them (meaning ~30) were underneath one basket. At about halftime, that one kid decides to go underneath the other hoop and started making some odd, loud noises. He was plastered. I believe he got kicked out eventually.

A few responses to that article:

- yes BC is in a nice city. I love Boston. But at least SU owns the fan base in syracuse. Boston pays hardly any attention to BC.

- yes we play in a Dome. BTW the worst weather experience I ever had attending an away game was at BC. It sucked out loud.

- SU's marketing pitch is "new York's college team". It doesn't restrict itself to NYC. BC is not even Boston's college team, let alone Massachusetts.

- true that SU doesn't really have a natural rival in football. Largely due to the ineptitude of the BE conference. We would have to go back to PRE big east to penn state to have a true rival. Wondering, who is BC's rival? Not ND...they have far bigger fish than BC. Te reality is Syracuse is as close to a rival as BC ever had, and we have owned them.

- true SU is not Harvard or Princeton or Cornell. Nor is BC. Get over yourselves.

- BC's mascot is an eagle. I'll bet there aren't any eagles in Boston. And what's so unique about an eagle? Answer: nothing.

WAt has BC ever accomplished in football or basketball? Nothing.

As one final thought: Diamond Ferri.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom