WOW?! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

WOW?!

Unsurprisingly, this turned into a bash JB thread. I watched the game and I saw a group of players that looked too small for the moment with the exception of Mintz; a pro IF he returns next season and adds a jump shot. The seniors have to lead the way and neither Joe or Jesse did that today; something the two of them have done countless times this season. Neither of them are leaders. Chris Bell, who the board loves for some reason, looked like he didn't belong on the floor much like Justin Taylor. By far their worst game of the year and a complete 180 of the NC State game. They got their butts handed to them and humbled in a devastating manner. Their response will determine what this team is made of. That's all I have to say about tonight. You can argue amongst yourselves.
What board loves Bell?

Unsurprisingly, this turned into a bash JB thread. I watched the game and I saw a group of players that looked too small for the moment with the exception of Mintz; a pro IF he returns next season and adds a jump shot. The seniors have to lead the way and neither Joe or Jesse did that today; something the two of them have done countless times this season. Neither of them are leaders. Chris Bell, who the board loves for some reason, looked like he didn't belong on the floor much like Justin Taylor. By far their worst game of the year and a complete 180 of the NC State game. They got their butts handed to them and humbled in a devastating manner. Their response will determine what this team is made of. That's all I have to say about tonight. You can argue amongst yourselves.
hm yeah I'm trying to figure who put this roster together

why is an individual entitled to go out on his own terms when he represents a college basketball program and is paid millions?

I do not get it

If the board of trustees is completely content collecting their money and living nostalgically in the JB days I just do not get it.

Who is in charge of this?
When JW extended JB fifteen seconds after Hopkins left(because JB didn’t want to quit) I think we all knew who was/is in charge

Completely disagree. It’s 85% the zone. Put the 5 best defensive players in the NBA out there in that defense today and Colgate will go for 90 against it.

I think you are both right,

#1. Teams shoot better now (more shooters). Makes the zone more questionable as exclusive defence.
#2. Our personnel for the zone is much worse - we used to have long athletic defenders. Now we don't. Then you add the experience factor.

It's a total recipe for disaster.

If we interview any coaches with a Syracuse tie (current or past) , and they answer that they still plan to a lot of zone, I hope they get thrown out of the office immediately and told to wake the hell up -- its 2023 not 2003 or even 2013.

No we weren't. Its our scheme
kcsu. Like your pov. Read your posts all the time. Have to disagree with you today. We don’t have the players. It’s been that way for a long time now. Judah is very good. Other than that, we don’t have much.

I so glad there’s so many loyalists supportive of JB staying as long as he wants because they’re fearful of the program falling into a state of decline after he leaves……..
The program is in a free fall. Boeheim needs to go. No assistant should take over or be retained we need a fresh start next season.

13-39 from 2
6-16 from 3

Duke shoots more of the shots that are worth more

Etan Thomas is so wrong about running the offense through Jesse
Jesse is a nice player. That’s it. A nice player. He is what he is. An unheralded project who’s done nicely, but we need players that are blue chips. You are right. Etan was wrong. But we have no one else either.

Jesse is a nice player. That’s it. A nice player. He is what he is. An unheralded project who’s done nicely, but we need players that are blue chips. You are right. Etan was wrong. But we have no one else either.
The question is why we don’t have anybody else?

Completely disagree. It’s 85% the zone. Put the 5 best defensive players in the NBA out there in that defense today and Colgate will go for 90 against it.
Fair to disagree. I think we have some nice players, but they’re all either young or flawed (or both). This ain’t the SU talent level of years ago. These are largely 100+ ranked recruits who aren’t quite good enough on both ends of the floor.

I dont agree. Kids all shoot better. Kids leave school earlier and dont have time to learn how to properly play the zone.
Yeah I don’t think we should be playing 100% zone either. But we’re not mediocre mostly because of the zone. We’re mediocre because e don’t have elite players. The zone makes our mediocre talent worse.

Unlike some others, I didn't pay much mind to the NCST win. In the big picture, it ultimately meant little. This result was not unexpected, nor surprising... Only the opposite would have been.
At some point, enough becomes enough. With this fanbase however, the "JB or nothing" contingent is still mired in nostalgia and denial. Results like tonite, no matter how ugly and painful, will eventually force reality upon them as well

The zone is the issue. Its no longer effective for many reasons. Syracuse will never consistently win again as long as we play zone. Ever.
Zone would be fine with better players. We’ve recruited like a mediocre program for 10 years and that’s what we are.

Yeah I don’t think we should be playing 100% zone either. But we’re not mediocre mostly because of the zone. We’re mediocre because e don’t have elite players. The zone makes our mediocre talent worse.
Complaining about the zone is rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. It’s the players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom