WOW?! | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

WOW?!

Teams can win with inferior skill & athletes but with a good scheme. Teams can win with skill and & athletes but without complex or refined schemes.

Last night a team tried to out-athlete a more athletic team. Didn’t work well.

You've beat this drum pretty hard.

This might not be a vintage Duke team in terms of one and done lottery picks. But the size, talent, and athleticism they put on the court at all five positions is like a flashing neon light. There is no doubt they have underachieved to date relative to all that talent. But I suspect that they will be a very tough out versus just about anyone going forward. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them win the ACCT.
Yeah because we made them look the best they have all year. Outside of yesterday I get the feeling most fans have not watched them play at all.

Just because I have a morbid sense of curiosity:.

Syracuse has played 19 games against Duke since 1989 SU is 5-14 against Duke with all their 5 wins by 3 or fewer points(3), or in OT (2), or both. Nothing more than 4 points. Duke's average MoV was 13.

Syracuse has lost the last 8 straight by an average of 16 points.

It's a good thing that Duke hasn't figured out the zone yet.

Yeah because we made them look the best they have all year. Outside of yesterday I get the feeling most fans have not watched them play at all.
I hear you. Nightmare match up for this team. Still think Duke has the size, talent, depth, and athleticism at all five positions to make a late season run.

You know it is past time if Dickie is calling for JB to retire. It has gotten that bad.
Dickie can say what he wants and I agree, that has nothing to do with our poor shooting. We had many open looks that hit the rim. They took Jesse totally out of game out of the lane where he couldn't do anything offensively.

They had a great night.

Even with our scoring vs NC State we would have still lost by 2.

Last edited:
So if JB was more likeable you'd want him to stay?
Football program doesn’t have anywhere near the advantages the hoop program does, and the football program has still managed to put out teams that actually spent significant time in the top 25 twice in the past 5 years.

The 2018 football season was better than any hoops season we’ve had since 2013.

We had too many occasions last night with zero shooters on the floor. Very poor substitute rotations.

Theres easy reasons to be optimistic about the football program. ADJW has been out in front speaking when needed about the state of the football program. Dino’s made staff replacements. He’s shown urgency.

Basketball program’s just Boeheim’s island

Show me 2 winning seasons in a row and then I will consider being optimistic about football. A likeable coach who talks a good game is not a reason to be optimistic.
As for the basketball program, as much as I've enjoyed JB's tenure, it's more than time for a completely fresh start. Clean house and start over. And if football comes back with another losing season, clean house there as well.

Spot on. Its not played by good teams at all anymore for a reason.
The miami heat play a lot of 2-3 zone, and they play it excellently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom