Wow | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wow

Yesterday we went out and I wore a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a down vest.

As a rule in the winter if I wear a sweater I don't need a coat.
thats how Syracusians roll man. Love it. I will say however; if it rains in Yankees stadium saturday im going to wear my SU windbreaker...i would sit in a blizzard for hours..sitting in rain sucks. Last game i went to at Rutgers rained the whole damn time..2007 i think. Awful

thats how Syracusians roll man. Love it. I will say however; if it rains in Yankees stadium saturday im going to wear my SU windbreaker...i would sit in a blizzard for hours..sitting in rain sucks. Last game i went to at Rutgers rained the whole damn time..2007 i think. Awful
Agreed, cold + rain is a different story. Give me snow any day.

Dont even get me started. Id rather drink a glass full of piss and than have to deal with snow.
Really. Really? Wow, some statement! By the way, Happy Holiday and upcoming prosperous and healthy New Year...go 'Cuse!
In south Fl it is in low 70's and feels cold...

Really. Really? Wow, some statement! By the way, Happy Holiday and upcoming prosperous and healthy New Year...go 'Cuse!
In south Fl it is in low 70's and feels cold...

You too!

(and if that would eliminate snow...really)

You guys get a snowstorm, we get a warm snap. -18 today, supposed to warm up to around 5-10 degrees this weekend!

I'm surprised your piss doesn't freeze up there, Troop. I mean, good God, that is freakin cold. And throwing darkness into the mix, sheesh. I'd go crazy after a week. Don't know how you do it.

I'm surprised your piss doesn't freeze up there, Troop. I mean, good God, that is freakin cold. And throwing darkness into the mix, sheesh. I'd go crazy after a week. Don't know how you do it.
"The summers make it worth it" is what I tell myself, lol. Its honestly not as bad as it sounds, we just dont spend alot of time outside when its -40. It is really hard on vehicles though.

"The summers make it worth it" is what I tell myself, lol. Its honestly not as bad as it sounds, we just dont spend alot of time outside when its -40. It is really hard on vehicles though.

I guess you would have to live inside most of the time. Still, I'd get cabin fever.

I think the REAL question of this thread, the one we all want to know the answer to, is simply this: What does Marsh REALLY think of snow?

It was in the upper 30s and pouring when the SUMB band bus from Boston took off this morning. They should be in by now, but the drive for the buses from Syracuse and other parts of New York will probably take longer to get in.

I guess you would have to live inside most of the time. Still, I'd get cabin fever.

I think the REAL question of this thread, the one we all want to know the answer to, is simply this: What does Marsh REALLY think of snow?

I mean, you dont have to stay held up in your house all the time. Plenty of warm bars up here :cool: Sometimes going to the movies is hard as they dont have anywhere to plug your vehicle in. Leave your car outside at -40 unplugged, and it doesnt like to start.

I mean, you dont have to stay held up in your house all the time. Plenty of warm bars up here :cool: Sometimes going to the movies is hard as they dont have anywhere to plug your vehicle in. Leave your car outside at -40 unplugged, and it doesnt like to start.
When you say 'plugged in', what do you mean, Troop?

When you say 'plugged in', what do you mean, Troop?

-40 will freeze a vehicle quick as . So we have engine block heaters, oil pan heaters, heaters, and battery blankets. I also have a battery trickle charger hooked up. All of these heaters go into a 3 way plug. the male end of the 3 way comes out through your grill. We all carry winter extension cords, and most places have plug ins (poles with outlets on them). Both my job and meghans job have plug ins, All apartment buildings have plug ins in the parking lots. My house has outlets out by the garage, so I plug in there. The supermarkets dont have plug ins, so normally you just leave the car running while your there. Our bar doesnt have plug ins, so you either leave it running, or start it every once in a while. (Though if you are a regular and you need to leave your car plugged in overnight, there is a secret plug in the back) Many times tho, that plug has been taken already, so you run a 100 foot extenstion cord into the bar the next morning, and give it about 4 hours to warm up. this always turns out bad, because if you leave me in the bar for four hours, there is a good chance I'm going to be drunk again.

It might sound crazy lol, but it becomes second nature pretty quick. The male end of my plug came out of the cord last week, so nothing was heating up. For two days I left my truck running while I was at work lol.

-40 will freeze a vehicle quick as . So we have engine block heaters, oil pan heaters, heaters, and battery blankets. I also have a battery trickle charger hooked up. All of these heaters go into a 3 way plug. the male end of the 3 way comes out through your grill. We all carry winter extension cords, and most places have plug ins. Both my job and meghans job have plug ins, All apartment buildings have plug ins in the parking lots. My house has outlets out by the garage, so I plug in there. The supermarkets dont have plug ins, so normally you just leave the car running while your there. Our bar doesnt have plug ins, so you either leave it running, or start it every once in a while. (Though if you are a regular and you need to leave your car plugged in, there is a secret plug in the back) Many times tho, that plug has been taken already, so you run a 100 foot extenstion cord into the bar, and give it about 4 hours to warm up. this always turns out bad, because if you leave me in the bar for four hours, there is a good chance I'm going to be drunk again.

It might sound crazy lol, but it becomes second nature pretty quick. The male end of my plug came out of the cord last week, so nothing was heating up. For two days I left my truck running while I was at work lol.
Wow - different world. Thanks for the explanation.

-40 will freeze a vehicle quick as . So we have engine block heaters, oil pan heaters, heaters, and battery blankets. I also have a battery trickle charger hooked up. All of these heaters go into a 3 way plug. the male end of the 3 way comes out through your grill. We all carry winter extension cords, and most places have plug ins (poles with outlets on them). Both my job and meghans job have plug ins, All apartment buildings have plug ins in the parking lots. My house has outlets out by the garage, so I plug in there. The supermarkets dont have plug ins, so normally you just leave the car running while your there. Our bar doesnt have plug ins, so you either leave it running, or start it every once in a while. (Though if you are a regular and you need to leave your car plugged in overnight, there is a secret plug in the back) Many times tho, that plug has been taken already, so you run a 100 foot extenstion cord into the bar the next morning, and give it about 4 hours to warm up. this always turns out bad, because if you leave me in the bar for four hours, there is a good chance I'm going to be drunk again.

You're a regular Ice Road Trucker. :p

Ive been up that road (the dalton highway) both in the winter, and the summer. You couldnt pay me enough to be an Ice Road Trucker. I thought I was going to die 100 times. In the winter, its pretty much a one lane road, and truckers dont care who you are, get off the road, or pull over. Its legit an "ice road". No fun.

In the summer I was pulling a boat. That road is so bumpy I thought the trailor was going to come off the hitch

Wow - different world. Thanks for the explanation.

I have an album on my facebook called "wintertime and the livins easy" that shows alot of crazy winter stuff up here

393640_10150530125448452_2147478222_n.jpg

This was us pulled over, letting an Ice Road Trucker go by. For atleast 10 seconds after they passed,we were in a complete white out. They left about a foot between our vehicle, and theirs

Damn... Ill drink to that

What about in the case of a power failure? Do you have back up generators all over the place?

What about in the case of a power failure? Do you have back up generators all over the place?

lol never thought of that. We had a major power outage on base last week, I didnt think about checking to see if the lights were still on the plugs. We left work as soon as the power went out. I know we dont have any back up generators at the house.

My guess is, power goes out for a long period, we are going to waste some gas... I think that would be the least of our worries if the power went out at -40 lol

I remember going to upper Quebec for business 12 years ago (near Lac St. Jean) and seeing the electrical outlets in every parking lot. I was there in mid-October, and the weather at that time was like January in Syracuse. I was underdressed and completely out of my element. Thankfully I didn't need to plug the car in while I was there. It wasn't the frigid season yet, but it was DAMN COLD for this CNYer.