Wow | Syracusefan.com

Wow

T

tee1222

Played without heart I agree and I know I'm going to get reamed on this but I just don't care.

How many threads with 1 or 2 posts voicing displeasure? Come on, they stunk up the court, we know that. Do people really think this is indicative of every game we've played thus far?

Does our halfcourt offense suck every game? No. We did not win every game due to full court press and/or fastbreak points.
Give them credit, they get us so far every year. Hang in there peoples, please.

No the halfcourt offense doesn't suck every game, only most.

My big issue was with how the board whooped it up all week and talked smack about UConn to the point where clearly there was no respect at the end of the day.

Look, I hate UConn as much as the next guy, even since I started watching college ball and Khalid El-Amin's pudgy ass won a NC, but you have to give them respect.

I hate Pitt, Nova & UConn as much as anyone else, but they've handled us pretty well over the last few years and UConn ALWAYS plays us close.

The posts calling this to be a 10+ point Cuse' win were severely misguided, IMO.

I'm not even mad they deserved to lose. They sucked. Awful awful, this might be the worst SU performance in years.

Temple was worse. The only thing that worries me about this team versus 2010-12 is that we're losing to bad teams in Nova and Temple. I don't consider UConn a bad team even though I thought we matched up well.

My big issue was with how the board whooped it up all week and talked smack about UConn to the point where clearly there was no respect at the end of the day.

Look, I hate UConn as much as the next guy, even since I started watching college ball and Khalid El-Amin's pudgy ass won a NC, but you have to give them respect.

I hate Pitt, Nova & UConn as much as anyone else, but they've handled us pretty well over the last few years and UConn ALWAYS plays us close.

The posts calling this to be a 10+ point Cuse' win were severely misguided, IMO.

Message board banter had zero to do with this loss. Jesus.

Played without heart I agree and I know I'm going to get reamed on this but I just don't care.

How many threads with 1 or 2 posts voicing displeasure? Come on, they stunk up the court, we know that. Do people really think this is indicative of every game we've played thus far?

Does our halfcourt offense suck every game? No. We did not win every game due to full court press and/or fastbreak points.
Give them credit, they get us so far every year. Hang in there peoples, please.

Aside from the game @ Louisville (thank you, Siva), I do think that this game is pretty indicative of how this team has played on the road in conference play.

We did not show up to play. UConn was ready and wanted this game more. You could see the energy and urgency from the beginning. We had a distinct advantage inside and never looked there. It was all dribble drive and bad shot selection. Grant and CJ played like champs most of the game, and our first round draft choice didnt punch in. And Brandon? He will go down in history as the greatest enigma to ever wear an SU uniform. How a guy with that much talent can't be consistent night in and night out is baffling.

This team needs a lot of work. The bright spot is that we certainly haven't peaked yet, so anything is possible a month from now.

I will trade this loss for a win at GTown. Can you imagine if we play like this during that game? Holy sheet. It'll be a blow out.

Temple was worse. The only thing that worries me about this team versus 2010-12 is that we're losing to bad teams in Nova and Temple. I don't consider UConn a bad team even though I thought we matched up well.
At least with Temple and Nova we got to the line. This was a different game with it being a rivalry. I agree though. I actually felt bad more than anything we won't be playing them in the foreseeable future.

I'm not even mad they deserved to lose. They sucked. Awful awful, this might be the worst SU performance in years.
Word, easily worst loss of the season, possibly in years. Someone's going to give them a whoopin, but they will be humble again. Either that or we'll get 700 threads inside of 20 minutes with pure bile.
:rolleyes:

At least with Temple and Nova we got to the line. This was a different game with it being a rivalry. I agree though. I actually felt bad more than anything we won't be playing them in the foreseeable future.

We were really spoiled last year. This is a frustrating team because it can be so damn good and so damn mediocre. But UConn does not suck.

I am not really upset with the loss just disappointed in what I perceived as a lack of effort, especially on the glass.

I hope to hell I am wrong but even when we are playing well I haven't thought this is a Final Four team. Last year I thought we were national champs had numb nuts done his coursework. In 09-10 I also thought we were national champs if Onuaku doesn't get hurt. To me, this year with the right draw and some upsets in our bracket who knows, but I am not going through the last quarter of the season and into the tourney expecting a Final Four and national championship.

The years I have high expectations, realistic or otherwise, I am genuinely pissed when we lose and go about my day acting like a dick to everyone I know. Years when my expectations are lower I can manage to act like a normal human being, or as close as I typically an, even after a loss!

Just another reality check. This team could surprise us in March, but somehow I doubt it. Just too many flaws. Not what you think of when you think final four caliber.

Agree, last thing I said to Husky fan was "All good, man. I expect nothing but a war tomorrow night. These teams never disappoint each other."

If you scratch that last sentence...
Oh lawd.

Word, easily worst loss of the season, possibly in years. Someone's going to give them a whoopin, but they will be humble again. Either that or we'll get 700 threads inside of 20 minutes with pure bile.
:rolleyes:
Humble and hungry. I usually flip my lid when they are losing, tonight I was as calm as hell and didn't care primarily because they didn't care.

Just another reality check. This team could surprise us in March, but somehow I doubt it. Just too many flaws. Not what you think of when you think final four caliber.
What flaws can you actually pin point tonight? Really lay it out.

Agreed. But there are few teams in college basketball that scream "final four" any more. And none this year. Everyone has bad losses.

Very frustrating right now. This team is really struggling on the road and Seton Hall awaits. What looked like an easy game a month ago suddenly doesn't seem so.

What flaws can you actually pin point tonight? Really lay it out.

• The fact that we can't beat a team with decent guard play.
  • The fact that we consistently get slim to zero production from our center position.
  • The fact that we can't make shots from long range.
  • The fact that when our shots aren't falling, we tend to get trigger happy on offense, instead of breaking teams down off the dribble and getting to the rim.

I'd say there's a few flaws that this team has.

Hey at least we were still in the game. Everybody else besides maybe Indiana has had their doors blown off this year.

Well you know we hardly ever dictate the tempo...except against a vastly inferior opponent or when we are down. (I am talking about Syracuse through the years, not just this team) That first half was the most pathetic I have seen. They deserved to lose. So, when is the football spring game?

• The fact that we can't beat a team with decent guard play.
  • The fact that we consistently get slim to zero production from our center position.
  • The fact that we can't make shots from long range.
  • The fact that when our shots aren't falling, we tend to get trigger happy on offense, instead of breaking teams down off the dribble and getting to the rim.

I'd say there's a few flaws that this team has.
Thankfully these problems happen in hostile road Super Bowl like environments (temple and ft's was a little different). Neutral courts await with ALL our players god willing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom