WOW | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

WOW

So basically everyone here will now hate Bill Simmons since he just said Nate Wolters will start over MCW. That's my read on the situation, anyway.

So basically everyone here will now hate Bill Simmons since he just said Nate Wolters will start over MCW. That's my read on the situation, anyway.

He was joking. People won't get that here, though.

MCW bears a resemblance to Billy Zabka, while Nate Wolters is clearly a Ralph Macchio lookalike.

Evan Turner is Pat Morita.

I know we hate Duke players just inherently around here, but I have to say I love and have always loved Shane Battier. He's got an absolute future in broadcasting, he's just a smart, nice guy. I'm really enjoying seeing him in this broadcast, but I'm biased. When I was about 12 or 13 my brother played in the national AAU tournament and Battier was playing there, and my best friend and I were too nervous to go over and ask for Battier's autograph (he was already like 6-6 and it was clear he'd be a star), so my mom went over right as they were about to go into a team meeting, and here was this 15 year old kid who you'd almost expect to be an entitled douche, but he politely said to my mom, "Yes ma'am, I'd be very happy to sign that, we're about to have a little team meeting but as soon as we're done I'm glad to do it" and sure enough, 5 minutes later as soon as the team meeting broke up (it was a pregame meeting in the hallway), he found my mom and signed an autograph for me and my friend and was extremely nice and polite and respectful toward her. He's just a great, great guy.

So basically, I don't care that he played at Duke and is famous for flopping, because he was incredibly nice to my mom when he was a teenager. Polite teenagers are so rare that this is a very noteworthy thing.

/Tangent
that's a nice story but I hate Shane Battier.

that's a nice story but I hate Shane Battier.

nickcage.jpeg

The Sixers just took Pierre Jackson. Interesting. That's their third PG of this draft. What the hell?

The Sixers just took Pierre Jackson. Interesting. That's their third PG of this draft. What the hell?

Maybe another trade coming? Trades have been pretty fast and crazy this year. The Boston trade is hilariously bad.

Did you see the way Nerlins hobbled up onto the stage? My money is on Noel's knee injury likely prevents him from really carving out a spot for himself with any semblance of sustainability in the league.

There's just something about that kid that isn't likeable. Ever since the "announcement" with UK carved in the back of his Nerlins Noggin and all of the cloak and dagger with his recruitment I've had a negative perception of the kid. Here's a kid who's just been selected in the NBA draft and he seems most concerned about flashing the lining of his sport coat into which is sewn "Kentucky ". He flashed it twice before he could even hobble away from his table to make his way to the stage.

How many Kentucky games did he actually play? 20 or so? So what's the continued fixation with Kentucky all about, especially in the midst of the NBA draft? Perhaps it would have been more impactful had he been selected #1 like some delusional people may have led him to believe. I guess it would have been meant to imply... "See, go to Kentucky, two #1 picks in a row"

NOT! Sorry Nerlins... and perhaps more importantly, Pay Pal Cal . All that aside, it's really a shame that the kid had to go down in a heap the way he did. I do feel sorry for any kid who goes down like that but the fact that it was Kentucky and Calipari it's hard not to gloat in the fact that it spelled more trouble for a Kentucky team that was obviously going no place fast last season. As far as MCW playing with Noel... there's a lot of other guys I'd rather see Michael tossing oops to.

Required when you $ign with UK

Dirty may not get picked.

Some dude named Marko Todorovic at 45, Erick Green at 46, and a dude named Raul Neto at 47.

Thought this Portland pick might be James but I guess not. I get the sense he won't get picked. Too many people left on the board, not to mention the wild ass guess foreign picks.

Players still on the board:

CJ Leslie
BJ Young
Deshaun Thomas
Phil Pressey
Vander Blue
Adonis Thomas
Lorenzo Brown

Then all the foreign guys...yeah, Dirty is going to have a tough time getting picked.

Dirty may not get picked.

Some dude named Marko Todorovic at 45, Erick Green at 46, and a dude named Raul Neto at 47.

Thought this Portland pick might be James but I guess not. I get the sense he won't get picked. Too many people left on the board, not to mention the wild ass guess foreign picks.

The best is when a foreign guy gets picked and they kick it to Fran Fraschilla as the foreign guy expert, and he's like "Yeah, you know, I've never even heard of this guy."

Nate Wolters has been traded to the Bucks. Darn, now we'll never get to see if Simmons was right about whether he'd start over MCW.

EDIT: And Ryan Kelly is going 48 to the Lakers, so yet another potential landing spot for Dirty is gone.

Yeah, Dirty is not getting picked

EDIT HARDER: Pierre Jackson traded to Dallas, so MCW is back to being the one and only PG in Philly.

Nate Wolters has been traded to the Bucks. Darn, now we'll never get to see if Simmons was right about whether he'd start over MCW.

EDIT: And Ryan Kelly is going 48 to the Lakers, so yet another potential landing spot for Dirty is gone.

Yeah, Dirty is not getting picked.

Isn't this where we're supposed to surmise that it's better to sign as a FA at this point, or is that only late in the NFL draft?

49. Erik Murphy
50. James Ennis
51. Romero Osby

The clock is ticking for Dirty.

EDIT: Hilarious that Ledo went to 4 high schools in 5 years or whatever he said, and so far tonight he has apparently been: drafted by the Bucks, traded to the Sixers, traded again immediately to the Hawks, and now Katz is reporting he's on the move again. So that's 4 NBA teams in less than an hour.

EDIT 2, EDITRIC BOOGALOO: Ledo now to Dallas.

52. Lorenzo Brown
53. Colton Iverson
54. Arsalan Kazemi

Yeah, Dirty is almost certainly not getting picked.

49. Erik Murphy
50. James Ennis
51. Romero Osby

The clock is ticking for Dirty.

EDIT: Hilarious that Ledo went to 4 high schools in 5 years or whatever he said, and so far tonight he has apparently been: drafted by the Bucks, traded to the Sixers, traded again immediately to the Hawks, and now Katz is reporting he's on the move again. So that's 4 NBA teams in less than an hour.

EDIT 2, EDITRIC BOOGALOO: Ledo now to Dallas.

52. Lorenzo Brown
53. Colton Iverson

Deadwood saloon whores get passed around less than Ricky Ledo.

Guys, I don't want to upset anyone, but...

Peyton Siva is about to go 56 to the Pistons.

And at 57, Alex Oriakhi. Double suck.

58 - Deshaun Thomas
59 - Bojan Dubljevic
60 - Janis Timmas

So no James.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online