WOW | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

WOW

I'm going to predict right now, Tony Mitchell could very well be the biggest steal of this entire draft at this point. For that reason I bet someone like San Antonio takes him.

exactly i hope ny takes him ..

I know we hate Duke players just inherently around here, but I have to say I love and have always loved Shane Battier. He's got an absolute future in broadcasting, he's just a smart, nice guy. I'm really enjoying seeing him in this broadcast, but I'm biased. When I was about 12 or 13 my brother played in the national AAU tournament and Battier was playing there, and my best friend and I were too nervous to go over and ask for Battier's autograph (he was already like 6-6 and it was clear he'd be a star), so my mom went over right as they were about to go into a team meeting, and here was this 15 year old kid who you'd almost expect to be an entitled douche, but he politely said to my mom, "Yes ma'am, I'd be very happy to sign that, we're about to have a little team meeting but as soon as we're done I'm glad to do it" and sure enough, 5 minutes later as soon as the team meeting broke up (it was a pregame meeting in the hallway), he found my mom and signed an autograph for me and my friend and was extremely nice and polite and respectful toward her. He's just a great, great guy.

So basically, I don't care that he played at Duke and is famous for flopping, because he was incredibly nice to my mom when he was a teenager. Polite teenagers are so rare that this is a very noteworthy thing.

/Tangent

plumlee sounds like a smurf.
Plumlee Smurf?
:)
smurfs-5285.jpg

About where should i start being able to hope for Southerland having his name called?

I know we hate Duke players just inherently around here, but I have to say I love and have always loved Shane Battier. He's got an absolute future in broadcasting, he's just a smart, nice guy. I'm really enjoying seeing him in this broadcast, but I'm biased. When I was about 12 or 13 my brother played in the national AAU tournament and Battier was playing there, and my best friend and I were too nervous to go over and ask for Battier's autograph (he was already like 6-6 and it was clear he'd be a star), so my mom went over right as they were about to go into a team meeting, and here was this 15 year old kid who you'd almost expect to be an entitled douche, but he politely said to my mom, "Yes ma'am, I'd be very happy to sign that, we're about to have a little team meeting but as soon as we're done I'm glad to do it" and sure enough, 5 minutes later as soon as the team meeting broke up (it was a pregame meeting in the hallway), he found my mom and signed an autograph for me and my friend and was extremely nice and polite and respectful toward her. He's just a great, great guy.

So basically, I don't care that he played at Duke and is famous for flopping, because he was incredibly nice to my mom when he was a teenager. Polite teenagers are so rare that this is a very noteworthy thing.

/Tangent

I couldn't disagree more.

Can't stand that marginal clown.

I couldn't disagree more.

Can't stand that marginal clown.

He's an incredibly good guy, so I guess we will just disagree on this one. Dislike him as a player all you want, but you absolutely cannot dispute he's one of the real good guys in sports.

To suggest otherwise is just a bizarrely hateful bias toward Duke.

Oh terrific, we get to hear Spike Lee get interviewed about a pick. Because he's clearly an expert. Why not interview some random drunk dude in the stands? He'll have just as much insight as Spike freaking Lee.

He's an incredibly good guy, so I guess we will just disagree on this one. Dislike him as a player all you want, but you absolutely cannot dispute he's one of the real good guys in sports.

To suggest otherwise is just a bizarrely hateful bias toward Duke.

No, the irrational love you're espousing suggests a bizarre bias toward Duke / Battier.

You're entitled to root for whoever you want. Don't condescend to imply who I can or shouldn't root for, and imply bias if I disagree with your opinion.

No, the irrational love you're espousing suggests a bizarre bias toward Duke / Battier.

You're entitled to root for whoever you want. Don't condescend to imply who I can or shouldn't root for without bias.

It's not irrational, it's based on an actual run in with a guy who I happen to think is a really nice guy. I loathe Duke, but I've always respected Battier.

I've always agreed with you on basically everything, but man Ryan, I'm a little shocked at how angry you're getting over this. I was not intending to "condescend" to you, I would hope we've had enough interaction for you to realize I've always respected you too much to do that.

I always CJ leslie was a good player. Am i just flat out wrong about this or can he be a sleeper? did he measure real short or something?

It's not irrational, it's based on an actual run in with a guy who I happen to think is a really nice guy. I loathe Duke, but I've always respected Battier.

I've always agreed with you on basically everything, but man Ryan, I'm a little shocked at how angry you're getting over this. I was not intending to "condescend" to you, I would hope we've had enough interaction for you to realize I've always respected you too much to do that.

So, now you can interpret than I'm "angry?"

Stop.

I'm not a fan of how Battier plays. I'm not in any way suggesting that he isn't a hard worker, a smart guy, a good teammate, or a bad seed. None of which remotely changes my opinion of disliking how he plays.

We have a long relationship here--I'm just saying, just because you like Battier doesn't mean that others have to, or that it is a ridiculous display of bias not to appreciate Battier.

Can we be friends again? :cool:

I always CJ leslie was a good player. Am i just flat out wrong about this or can he be a sleeper? did he measure real short or something?

He measured in at 6-8.75 with a 7-2.25 wingspan, apparently, so I can't imagine size is an issue (that's what she said?). He did, however, skip the skills at the draft combine so maybe that had something to do with it?

By the way, on the Philly message boards, they seem to HATE MCW. So I guess we've kept the tradition alive of Philly fans hating Syracuse athletes before they ever actually put on a uniform.

F Philly fans. I like the pick for the Sixers. I like this draft for them so far. I have not been excited for the Sixers in years. Philly "fans" wouldn't know a good pick if it punched them in the face.

He measured in at 6-8.75 with a 7-2.25 wingspan, apparently, so I can't imagine size is an issue (that's what she said?). He did, however, skip the skills at the draft combine so maybe that had something to do with it?
what a dumas. he ain't that good that he can skip that crap. Battier for prez.

just kidding i hate battier too.

what a dumas. he ain't that good that he can skip that crap. Battier for prez.

just kidding i hate battier too.

Apparently he skipped the skills stuff due to a "minor injury" but I was too lazy to click on the links to see what that injury actually was.

Supposedly he is a headcase and gave up on NC St last year. Am I the only one who didn't like the Knicks pick? Pick Whithey to back up Chandler.

Apparently he skipped the skills stuff due to a "minor injury" but I was too lazy to click on the links to see what that injury actually was.
sand in his va... at least thats what Andrew shaw says

Nf6Z3QR.png

Gobert is apparently getting traded to Utah.

And you know the Spurs are going to snag someone who should have gone 15 picks higher and will be the perfect fit for them, because that's what they always do.

EDIT: Someone like Jamaal Franklin to come in and replace Manu, for instance. Or Tony Mitchell.

Supposedly he is a headcase and gave up on NC St last year. Am I the only one who didn't like the Knicks pick? Pick Whithey to back up Chandler.
when was the last time anyone liked a knicks pick.. They wanted a 2 guard tho because they are losing JR.

Gobert is apparently getting traded to Utah.

And you know the Spurs are going to snag someone who should have gone 15 picks higher and will be the perfect fit for them, because that's what they always do.
george karl is as legit as it gets man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom