Class of 2017 - WR Brad Hawkins (NJ) Decommit from Michigan/Attending Prep | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Brad Hawkins (NJ) Decommit from Michigan/Attending Prep

anomander said:
This is exactly why he needs 6 wins this year, or we really need to evaluate things.

Certainly at least 5.

But this is why bad teams stay that way for years. Winning begets better recruits.

But Duke turned it around as have many others.

We need a spark. A clear difference maker at QB or tailback or a coach who has it.

Certainly at least 5.

But this is why bad teams stay that way for years. Winning begets better recruits.

But Duke turned it around as have many others.

We need a spark. A clear difference maker at QB or tailback or a coach who has it.

Duke should give us hope. Just take a look at their class. It's unbelievable all things considered, and has a handful of guys we identified early from our region. We can't have Duke coming to the northeast and taking some of the top guys off our board. Just can't have it. Quansah, Smith, Williams all guys who visited us as Juniors and at one point were in good standing with. Good chance Rene ends up there as well.

Temple has a bunch of kids from his HS on the team, and one or two coaches on staff the have direct ties to Camden HS. It's a courtesy inclusion.

anomander said:
Duke should give us hope. Just take a look at their class. It's unbelievable all things considered, and has a handful of guys we identified early from our region. We can't have Duke coming to the northeast and taking some of the top guys off our board. Just can't have it. Quansah, Smith, Williams all guys who visited us as Juniors and at one point were in good standing with. Good chance Rene ends up there as well.

Yeah, if Duke can turn it around, just about anyone can.

I realize they've made some improvements to their stadium and facilities, in addition to an upgrade in coaching, but I remember seeing their stadium years ago and being very disappointed.

I said to myself, "No wonder Duke sucks in football."

NJCuse97 said:
Temple has a bunch of kids from his HS on the team, and one or two coaches on staff the have direct ties to Camden HS. It's a courtesy inclusion.

When all of those Camden kids visited us recently and not one committed on the spot, I was a bit surprised.

If SU is keeping SS no matter what in 2015 then they ought to extend him now for stability in recruiting. If SU added to two years onto SS's contract at a really low buyout then SS gets his extension and SU gets protection if he struggles. SS can't have his cake and eat it as well. If the contract is hurting with the recruiting SS should accept this type of deal.

It doesn't help that Shafer is constantly mentioned by the national media as being on the hot seat, despite the fact his job has never been speculated about at SU.
OR Cuse & SS constantly being ranked being the worst, lowest paid, last place predictions... by the media.

Alsacs said:
If SU is keeping SS no matter what in 2015 then they ought to extend him now for stability in recruiting. If SU added to two years onto SS's contract at a really low buyout then SS gets his extension and SU gets protection if he struggles. SS can't have his cake and eat it as well. If the contract is hurting with the recruiting SS should accept this type of deal.

Coyle will have his hands full in another week.

Agree with this. If he's being given some wiggle room, make it public, that's the only thing that will help recruiting from an administrative standpoint.

Yeah, if Duke can turn it around, just about anyone can.

I realize they've made some improvements to their stadium and facilities, in addition to an upgrade in coaching, but I remember seeing their stadium years ago and being very disappointed.

I said to myself, "No wonder Duke sucks in football."

Duke turned it around with soft OOC scheduling and being in the Coastal division. Even if we go the soft OOC scheduling route, how long before FSU, Clemson, and Louisville all fall to mediocrity at the same time like VT, Miami, and GT did for a while in the Coastal?

Cheers,
Neil

Duke turned it around with soft OOC scheduling and being in the Coastal division. Even if we go the soft OOC scheduling route, how long before FSU, Clemson, and Louisville all fall to mediocrity at the same time like VT, Miami, and GT did for a while in the Coastal?

Cheers,
Neil

That's why we have to at least make sure we have the soft scheduling. Control the controllable.

That's why we have to at least make sure we have the soft scheduling. Control the controllable.
Yep. And we make fun of Rutgers for their schedule, but that's also exactly how they turned things around and, as much as it pains me to say it, turned into a moderately respectable program that regularly goes to bowl games.

Yep. And we make fun of Rutgers for their schedule, but that's also exactly how they turned things around and, as much as it pains me to say it, turned into a moderately respectable program that regularly goes to bowl games.

It will be interesting to follow RU's progress since starting 2016 they will play a 9 game conference schedule and also beginning with 2016 8 of the next 9 years they will play one of Washington, Miami, UCLA, or VT.

If we truly want to capitalize on New Jersey recruiting in the future we need to starting winning now.

Cheers,
Neil

cuseguy said:
When all of those Camden kids visited us recently and not one committed on the spot, I was a bit surprised.

The ones the would want to didn't have an offer I think.

jekelish said:

This is true. Perception is that they are competing with the big boys. Reality is they are scheduling wins and got lucky vs some unusually down B1G powerhouses.

Or maybe it was a subconscious slip, but it was a slip that suggests we are higher on his mind than some others. Please stop trolling.

So he forgot Syracuse and added it in at the last minute?
, this was what posted right before I made the comment. Why don't you take a breath and learn how to take a joke

Which is exactly the belief of our new AD as well, if I interpreted a comment he made correctly. Something about scheduling to put our football team in a position to get W's.

Is there a chance in hell that we can get out of the 2017 game with LSU? I would be so damn happy if so. Since they are coming to the Dome first I am guessing we are screwed, but one can hope.

I know that Toad doesn't like us, but really?

"A four-star recruit, Hawkins also held offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Auburn, Florida, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Penn State, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Miami (Fla.), North Carolina, Missouri, Michigan State, Virginia, to name a few."

A few?! And this was after previously mentioning Rutgers, Oregon, South Carolina and Temple previously in the article. OK, you don't like Syracuse, and he didn't choose us, but we couldn't have been included in the "few" that were mentioned?

I know that Toad doesn't like us, but really?

"A four-star recruit, Hawkins also held offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Auburn, Florida, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Penn State, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Miami (Fla.), North Carolina, Missouri, Michigan State, Virginia, to name a few."

A few?! And this was after previously mentioning Rutgers, Oregon, South Carolina and Temple previously in the article. OK, you don't like Syracuse, and he didn't choose us, but we couldn't have been included in the "few" that were mentioned?

That is restraint on Toad's part. The headline could have said "Hawkins, like most other recruits, did not choose Syracuse". Toad has to get graded on a curve.

We have a QB named Rex Culpepper and a guy who will dawn 44 named Washington.

How could you not want to play for this orange class/team?

They literally already sounds legendary.
He's only gonna wear the Jersey in morning games?