Class of 2023 - WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what to make of Mr. Cohoon.
Neither Kansas or K=state has offered.
He made a few nice catches on his "tape".
Got a "good build" and 10.57 is FAST!
5A high school classification is the 2nd highest in his state.
Roughly 1300 students in his school 9-12...so competition ought to
be good.
Let's see if Cuse offers...
Looking through his Twitter he didn't start to receive offers until April this year.

Right. I agree that a good 40 is more beneficial. A 40 obviously factors in a good deal of the ability to accelerate at the start. A 100 factors that in as well but much less so. So 100 is a better judge of top end speed. I'd say it would be a good measure of the WR's ability to pull away from a CB after about 20 yards. It doesn't occur nearly as often but sure is nice to have someone super fast who can. Even when the play doesn't go to that deep threat, the devoted safety help due to the threat helps open up other things.

Special teams as well. Hopefully new offense pops and we're kicking off constantly.

10-20 yard split's for anyone within 10 yards of LOS though unless a freak RB or QB that defy angles is back there.

Is he still scheduled to visit SU this weekend?
Yes. OVs aren't just for weekends. His OV at SU doesn't start until Friday. Prospects get to take 5 OVs. He will be able to take the rest of his OVs again in August after the Dead Period if he chooses.

Yes. OVs aren't just for weekends. His OV at SU doesn't start until Friday. Prospects get to take 5 OVs. He will be able to take the rest of his OVs again in August after the Dead Period if he chooses.
Thx

His film looks pretty good. I believe the 4th play he puts a beautiful double move on the cb and scores. 6'-2" and 185# runs fast, looks like very good hands and a pretty good blocker. Maybe, just maybe a hidden gem. We'll see.
The first couple plays: he pulls a (convincing) double move; next he blows by the coverage. Then he high points a catch over a good sized safety. Then I think it's the fourth play, he makes a beautiful inside move, cuts outside and makes a circus catch falling out of the end zone. No mystery why staff is targeting him ... speed, excellent route running, size and catch radius. Probably a good student with the UPenn, academy and SU offers. Great prospect.

Last edited:

2023 BRYCE COHOON MAIZE HS, MAIZE, KS
#9 WR 6' 3" 185, 40 R - 804 YDS - 7 TDS, 5A STATE CHAMPION 100M 10.57 = 4.47 40, 37" VJ, 4.012 GPA

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:
SPEED, 4.47 IS FAST
CATCHES EVERYTHING - EVEN POOR THROWS FROM HIS QB
RUNS GREAT, CRISP ROUTES
GREAT OFF THE LINE FAKES LEAVING CB TRYING TO CATCH UP
ALL ROUTES GO, SIDELINE, COMEBACKS, SLANTS ALL DONE EXPERTLY
HE HAS THE BALL CAUGHT ON A GO ROUTE AT THE LOS DUE TO HIS FAKES

GREAT OFFER

Last edited:
I don't think that's how those conversions work. The last 10-15 yards are almost always faster than the first 10-15 yards. The only way to know is to have split times at the 40.
Best I can do with what I have is an overall time for the 100M - they don't provide the splits - it's very close to the real time conversion.

Don't know what to make of Mr. Cohoon.
Neither Kansas or K=state has offered.
He made a few nice catches on his "tape".
Got a "good build" and 10.57 is FAST!
5A high school classification is the 2nd highest in his state.
Roughly 1300 students in his school 9-12...so competition ought to
be good.
Let's see if Cuse offers...

today's articles say he's been offered by both state schools.

Not seeing it on either ROVALS or 2-4-7

rvls doesn't have a profile on him so doesn't appear they would even know.

per syracuse.com article today

Cohoon is a dual-sport athlete recruited by Syracuse wide receivers coach Michael Johnson out of Maize, Kansas. The 6-foot-2 wide receiver is the Kansas 5A state champion in the 100-meter, winning with a time of 10.57 seconds. He also has offers from Kansas, Kansas State and Army among others.

Cohoon is a dual-sport athlete recruited by Syracuse wide receivers coach Michael Johnson out of Maize, Kansas. The 6-foot-2 wide receiver is the Kansas 5A state champion in the 100-meter, winning with a time of 10.57 seconds. He also has offers from Kansas, Kansas State and Army among others.
That's funny as he didnt list those offers on his Twitter or Instagram.

the media printed it so it must be true. :rolleyes:
From the new writer, wonder if she extrapolated or miss wrote from “interest”.
The 247 Kansas article you linked does not mention an offer.

From the new writer, wonder if she extrapolated or miss wrote from “interest”.
The 247 Kansas article you linked does not mention an offer.

the article i linked lists him as a standout performer at a camp last year (and includes a video.)

Sharp Performance Top Prospect's "Elite 11" written June 29, 2021​

Sharp Performance "Top Prospect" event on Monday at Kansas Wesleyan's Graves Family Football Complex in Salina.

Here were 11 recruits who drew the most conversation afterwards among our staff and coaches.

The only mention I see of a Kstate/Kansas offer is Emily Leiker's article.
On top of CL not seeing it or McAllister( and these 2 are usually spot on) she may have jumped the gun.
Rovals DOES have a profile...click on football recruiting/recruit search/type in the players name and he comes up.
Along with 2 cohorns.
Schools listed as offered are AirForce UMass U of N. Iowa Penn and S.e. Missouri.
Both K State and Kansas are listed as not offered...and CUSE is nowhere to be seen.
I went on K-State's 2 4 7 page and Cohoon is not listed on their offers page under WR or Ath.

But to summarize from McAllister's piece there is interest from some pretty good schools...
See what happens this weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors