Class of 2023 - WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.57 100 m. 21.82 200 m.

Off the top of my head, he might be the fastest guy we have gotten in a while.

For comparison purposes, I know Jawhar Jordan had a 10.62 100 m and a 22.06 200 m in HS. We are recruiting a guy named Josiah Brown out of Holy Trinity HS for 2024 who I think is the fastest kid in NYS. His PRs are a 10.76 100 m and a 21.96 20 m.

These guys are usually scatbacks that are 5'7, 145 pounds. The fact that Bryce is 6'2 and 175 already is very encouraging.
Who are fastest 40 guys in SU history? Harrison? McIntosh brothers? Other?

Looks like he's a LOT more than 'just' a tall dude who can run (very!) fast.

Seems like good hands, laid out for several tough catches, caught it in traffic, moves and double-moves to get open, and several nice blocks to free up other players to run for TD's.
I'm pretty impressed with his film. The knock on Donovan Brown last year when he committed was that his film didn't look like a football player, it looked like a track kid trying to play football (his senior film was night and day to that). Don't see that here at all.

Pretty exciting stuff if we can keep him committed and with Brown last class, some serious track level speed with these guys and good height at 6'2 for both of them.

Looks like he's a LOT more than 'just' a tall dude who can run (very!) fast.

Seems like good hands, laid out for several tough catches, caught it in traffic, moves and double-moves to get open, and several nice blocks to free up other players to run for TD's.
I mean, his speed is exceptional (size + great turnover). But his route running also sticks out. He might be the dean of the double move. Pity the poor smurf that tried to cover him on the second play of his film. Very exciting commit.

Is Jerimiah Augustin still on the radar, or did Cahoon's commitment take Augustin's slot?

Is Jerimiah Augustin still on the radar, or did Cahoon's commitment take Augustin's slot?
He hasn't been offered, but looking at his size (6.6), his P5 offer list and his film, I would think the staff would still want to bring him in.

2023 BRYCE COHOON MAIZE HS, MAIZE, KS
#9 WR 6' 3" 185, 40 R - 804 YDS - 7 TDS, 5A STATE CHAMPION 100M 10.57 = 4.47 40, 37" VJ, 4.012 GPA

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:
SPEED, 4.47 IS FAST
CATCHES EVERYTHING - EVEN POOR THROWS FROM HIS QB
RUNS GREAT, CRISP ROUTES
GREAT OFF THE LINE FAKES LEAVING CB TRYING TO CATCH UP
ALL ROUTES GO, SIDELINE, COMEBACKS, SLANTS ALL DONE EXPERTLY
HE HAS THE BALL CAUGHT ON A GO ROUTE AT THE LOS DUE TO HIS FAKES

GREAT OFFER
COMMITTED!

I would be worried about Kansas offering him. It will change things for him for sure.

Who are fastest 40 guys in SU history? Harrison? McIntosh brothers? Other?
Maurice Jackson was said to run a 4.19 40. He was from Marshall HS in Rochester.

I think I read that Ernie Davis ran a 10.7 100 yard dash in HS.

But I think Mike Morris, who was a younger brother to Joe Morris, is probably number 1. He ran track and played football at Syracuse.

Last I knew, he still holds the all time records at SU for the 100m (10.32) and 200m (20.52).

We’ve been recruiting certain types of players on defense and now the offense is looking for certain attributes too. Speed seems to be #1.

Qadry

I'll never forget, on the opening kickoff / end around to Kirby Dar Dar, when we scored on the first play of the game against Florida. As Dar Dar broke free and raced up the left sidelines -- with no Florida special team coverage players near him -- Qadry Ismail came racing up the sidelines behind Dar Dar with his hands in the air in celebration.

Not a body position optimal for hitting your top speed, but he caught up to Dar Dar [who was FAST] easily.

The Missile had wheels.

Lamson had a decent chance to start before he got hurt. Kid is a stud and is going nowhere.
Damn that’s impressive. You are saying the coaches thought Lamson had a decent chance to start this year? That would say a lot about his development because GS is obviously no slouch.

Really crazy we have 3 potential starting QBs on this roster in GS, Lamson and Del Rio. Man how far that room has come from just literally 2 years ago

Impressed with his film. Fast and can find space. Looks like most teams are giving him a lot of cushion - likely due to his speed. He'll be tested in the ACC by CBs who are good at jamming at the LOS, but seems to have the athleticism to learn how to adapt. I was thinking he may pan out to be an Erick Decker style WR, but I think Decker was heavier but similar in height. Maybe he can put on the lbs! Who else would be a good comparison?

Moe Jackson. One of the fastest to play at SU.
Was Brisly Estime as fast as he seemed? I swear that man was a human lazer

I would think Augustin is still being evaluated. He doesnt have an offer yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.