Class of 2020 - WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech

I'm going to get a jump on the conspiracy theory.....he camps at an Adidas camp and is favored to go to an Adidas school? Hmmmm..

I'm not saying...just saying

I'm going to get a jump on the conspiracy theory...he camps at an Adidas camp and is favored to go to an Adidas school? Hmmmm..

I'm not saying...just saying
Or, GT is switching to a college offense from the triple option and all their receivers were previously recruited to play triple option so starting as a true freshman is on the table...

Or, GT is switching to a college offense from the triple option and all their receivers were previously recruited to play triple option so starting as a true freshman is on the table...
You’re both wrong, the art and cultural scene of Atlanta swept him off his feet. Shooting fish in a barrel. Lot of moving pieces here.

The Jordan Tucker thread belongs up there with Robert Washington, Quade Green and Nerlens Noel’s.

This is going to be the name of the game for a lot of kids in the future. Until we roll together consecutive winning years and have kids drafted in the Top 3 rounds, we will likely have these sorts of issues until then. And honestly, even after that in certain situations.

This is going to be the name of the game for a lot of kids in the future. Until we roll together consecutive winning years and have kids drafted in the Top 3 rounds, we will likely have these sorts of issues until then. And honestly, even after that in certain situations.
Yah but you have to get those type of players to keep on winning.

We won 10 games last year without one 4-star receiver.

Not sure what you’re saying? Regardless of Gowdy’s rating, he’s a real talent. I think it’s safe to say more talent generally means more wins.

I have a feeling Taj Harris, Sean Riley, and Nyk Johnson are still going to be our best receivers this year, even with T Jackson. Maybe even true Frosh Courtney Jackson. None of them were "4 star"

I have a feeling Taj Harris, Sean Riley, and Nyk Johnson are still going to be our best receivers this year, even with T Jackson. Maybe even true Frosh Courtney Jackson. None of them were "4 star"
Our 2018 haul of receivers between ed, harris and Q are as close to 4stars as you can get. Dominated high competition hs conferences. Lutz may surprise many too.

I don’t think people care much about his ‘stars’...I think they like the fact that he’s 6-2 210 with offers from Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Florida, Florida St etc etc. he’s a difference maker.

Last edited:
I don’t think people care much about his ‘stars’...I think they like the fact that he’s 6-2 210 with offers from Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Florida, Florida St etc etc. he’s a difference make.
True that. Would love to bring Gowdy on. It would be fabulous. Just adding my thoughts about the prospects of not getting him

You want as many game changing athletes you can get. When Clemson got soild gets 10 years ago. They weren't saying they were content with what they had. You have to use your success to pile up more elite players. Thats how you sustain and eventually become a play off team. There's a lot of good schemes out there and coaches evolve and catch up. We have to make sure we are inserting the best athletes when can get for our scheme.

Going forward, gowdy or not, I think we see higher rated WR because...

1. Devito and his receivers are going to put up #'s
2. Do not underestimate what the dome upgrades and facility upgrades will do.
3. Dome atmosphere will be a whole heck of a lot better when full.