Class of 2020 - WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Bryce Gowdy (FL) Verbal to Ga Tech

It goes without saying RIP. We all feel horrible for the family, our thoughts and prayers are with them.

but this brought around a question in my mind. Based on NCAA rules (once an athlete signs if they don’t make it to campus you lose that scholarship, that’s why no one will risk taking a NQ athlete) what happens to tech in this case? Do they get that scholly back? Or has it been used?

You seriously just asked a scholarship question after this kid tragically dies ? I’ll be the one to say something here because your post is ridiculous. No one cares about the scholarship, only the kids life. Get real and be an adult

You seriously just asked a scholarship question after this kid tragically dies ? I’ll be the one to say something here because your post is ridiculous. No one cares about the scholarship, only the kids life. Get real and be an adult

Deleting this because while I really dont care about what the guy asked, I also dont care about your response enough to make this a thing and pollute the thread...

Last edited:
Dude asked a football recruiting question on a board about football recruiting. It doesnt mean anyone is any less upset about the death of the kid.

Does getting the answer really actually matter? This doesn’t involve SU’s scholarships. Just find it beyond insensitive and no point to even ask when it doesn’t involve our recruiting or scholarships. Sorry Mods I know I’ll get a talking to...

Very sad to hear. A life lost is always painful - but on the cusp on a new episode in life makes it even more tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I used to live about five miles from Deerfield Beach. I know the area where this accident happened. The train tracks that line Dixie Highway are always problematic. The whole way up and down the coast, you have to worry about trains at all hours. Sad news indeed.

Just finding out about this now.. Just horrible news. I have nothing to add other than my condolences.

This is horrible! I live by a train station in Chicago and several times per month, depressed individuals decide to end it all by jumping in front of the train. Hoping this was not the case.

yeah, I am out in the burbs in Chicago, have been on two Metra trains that were stopped for an hour or so due to someone taking their own life. so sad and horrible, sometimes you just never know what is in a person's head and heart. and what pain they are going through. unbelievably tragic

absolutely awful news, you feel for the family and Georgia Tech on this one. Devastating.

Important to note that on his insta story last night he posted “Block Party?” With a yes or no poll

Just saw the tweet on my timeline. Condolences to his family and the Georgia Tech program. Horrible news.

17 years old.

1577747072206.png

What I cant figure out is 22 hours ago he tweeted this.

t4xvRtVo_reasonably_small.jpg

Bryce “Simba” Gowdy

@SkayeBryce

Family matters, can’t wait to get to the ATL soon!
No sense in even trying to figure it out. Because it makes no sense. You have to feel really bad for his friends and family. Really sad.

No sense in even trying to figure it out. Because it makes no sense. You have to feel really bad for his friends and family. Really sad.

I hear you. As a parent of kids not that much older, sadly, I spend too much time trying to figure out what these kids do :(

Just terrible to hear. I cant even imagine why he would do this, but thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

For awareness sake there are always people willing to listen if anyone starts to think their life is not worth the effort.

800-273-8255

Man this really sucks. Not knowing anything other than what others have alluded too. I really hope those in need look for help!

This is gut wrenching.Similarly to the 2 kids here at CNS, he seemed to look forward to the future. Makes it all the more difficult to process. Thoughts and prayers to all the families involved.

Tragic. The teenage mind is hard to figure out and very easily thrown the wrong direction. Have seen it far too often in the current generation of 16-24 year olds. Only thing to do is wish/pray/hope for strength for his family and friends dealing with this awful tragedy. May Bryce and those around him find peace.

Was down in Ft Lauderdale as this was reported. People were legit stopped by the tragic news.

A life lost at 4am by a train track in FL. That’s...literally not easy to do. And it is tragic in so many levels. Bless his family.

Holy shiznit!! This is absolutely horrific news. Condolences to his family & loved ones. RIP.