Class of 2023 - WR Bryson Rodgers (FL) Staying at Ohio State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Bryson Rodgers (FL) Staying at Ohio State

I've thought about that and I'm not sure who fits that criteria. Brown maybe ? Don't know enough about the kids who didn't see the field.
I've heard it enough times that it seems like it's happening. Pena did play DB in high school as well as WR and returned kicks so maybe it's him. Don't know though.

I didn't post it before because I don't want anyone claiming I said it would happen, but I heard a wild rumor about it a few weeks back. Probably doesn't happen though if I had to guess.
Confused High Quality GIF

You might be right but currently no one has left for the portal so if everything sticks we have 13 WRs, plus Gadsden and Tremble.

Teams generally carry 10-15 scholarship WRs depending on the style of O. Spread teams carry more. Syracuse carried 9 last year. I expect we'll carry 12-15 most years. 2 outside and 2 inside x 3 or 4 deep.

Currently have Alford, Hatcher, Brown, Long, Gill, Cahoon and Pena are still here and none have hit the portal that I'm aware of.

Additions
Ross - freshman
Hornsby - freshman
Haile - freshman
Thomas - freshman

Haynes - transfer
Meeks - transfer

That's 13 total, plus Mews is still on the periphery. If everyone sticks there's other needs.

If a too good to pass up kids hit the portal I think we'll make a play. I also still expect 4 kids currently on the team to bolt so indeed that would make room.
I believe Haile currently projects to play in the secondary.

I mean…it’s a wild, wild narrative. Jr goes and balls out at one of the factories, his QB who’s been his QB since the 8th grade transfers to SU. Which also happens to be his dads alma mater and he transfers there for one season (and probably makes 7 figures in NIL) to create a new Marvin Harrison legacy at SU and potentially win a championship. Plus the sponsorship NIL deals he would get from local businesses would be massive. Really hard to make something like this up and it’s true. Still it’s probably less than 5% it actually happens but wow it would be epic. If he came here and won a championship they’d probably make a statue of him and his dad.

Ok now back to Rodgers…

You know how many minds would be blown if he made that move?

Nobody get their hopes up on Harrison Jr. it’s not happening. It makes no sense. He is a top pick in the draft. I’m guessing the the only way he doesn’t go pro is because there are rumors of crazy amounts of money being offered to him by Buckeye collectives and who knows? Maybe others too. Talking like 15 million or something insane. hes Probably just weighing his options on what is best for him financially.

Nobody get their hopes up on Harrison Jr. it’s not happening. It makes no sense. He is a top pick in the draft. I’m guessing the the only way he doesn’t go pro is because there are rumors of crazy amounts of money being offered to him by Buckeye collectives and who knows? Maybe others too. Talking like 15 million or something insane. hes Probably just weighing his options on what is best for him financially.
As much as I'd like to see Marvin Jr. in our Orange and Blue. He will be a Chicago Bear. My guess is the Bears trade pick #1 to a QB needy team and move back a spot or two to take Junior.

Back to Bryson Rogers - anyone hearing anything more on him? I think he may be the only one that legitimately could still choose us given Kyle’s “over” prediction. Just gonna eliminate the possibility of Marvin Jr. coming here.

As much as I'd like to see Marvin Jr. in our Orange and Blue. He will be a Chicago Bear. My guess is the Bears trade pick #1 to a QB needy team and move back a spot or two to take Junior.

Except the Bears are also a QB needy team so who knows what they’ll do. And I’m a Bears fan. Fields is terrible. He makes worst decisions in big moments than Jay cutler and I didn’t know that was possible. Or, doesn’t make a decision and gets sacked and usually strip sacked. He still doesn’t know the routes, he waits until after his receiver makes their break to throw it and by then the defender is there. He rarely makes a pass at the split second it should be leaving his hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom