Class of 2023 - WR Bryson Rodgers (FL) Staying at Ohio State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Bryson Rodgers (FL) Staying at Ohio State

giggity GIF

BRYSON RODGERS IN PORTAL FROM OHIO STATE/ WIREGRASS RANCH HS, ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
# 86 / 6' 2" 185/ 4.5 40
1D3A7413-1248x703.jpg

THE IMPORTANCE OFTHE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

GOOD = 5.0 - 5.99

FAST = 4.9 - 4.99

FAST= 4.8 - 4.89

FAST= 4.7 - 4.79

FAST= 4.6 - 4.69

>FAST= 4.5 - 4.59<

VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49

ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 - BO JACKSON FASTEST RECORDED ALL TIME 4.13, 1986 AUBURN INDOORS

ASSETS PER HUDL JR SEASON HS FILM #1: 42 REC, 645 YDS, 17 TDS, 15.3 YDS/ CATCH

DETERMINED
ELUSIVE EASE OF CATCHING THE BALL
GETS SEPARATION EASILY
GREAT ROUTES
GREAT HANDS
CATCHES THE BALL
FAST

Boy I don't know how many wide receivers HCFB is going to take but this kid is a stud and has 4 years of eligibility. So funny, last year we couldn't get a receiver and now we have to turn away. Of course it's the new era of "Fran Brown" that's the reason. Love it

Boy I don't know how many wide receivers HCFB is going to take but this kid is a stud and has 4 years of eligibility. So funny, last year we couldn't get a receiver and now we have to turn away. Of course it's the new era of "Fran Brown" that's the reason. Love it
I personally like this cat but we need that bama center type guy. i truly feel we are getting ok lineman andnot guys to move piles or come in and start right away.

I personally like this cat but we need that bama center type guy. i truly feel we are getting ok lineman andnot guys to move piles or come in and start right away.
The lines are the toughest positions to recruit. We need excellent coaching and S&C to make the guys we have the best they can possibly be.

I didn't post it before because I don't want anyone claiming I said it would happen, but I heard a wild rumor about it a few weeks back. Probably doesn't happen though if I had to guess.
Who are we talking about?

Actually would not surprise me to see more wr commits. Think there will be a complete turnover except OG. After watching a number of wrs in bowl games we could use an upgrade to the entire position group.

You might be right but currently no one has left for the portal so if everything sticks we have 13 WRs, plus Gadsden and Tremble.

Teams generally carry 10-15 scholarship WRs depending on the style of O. Spread teams carry more. Syracuse carried 9 last year. I expect we'll carry 12-15 most years. 2 outside and 2 inside x 3 or 4 deep.

Currently have Alford, Hatcher, Brown, Long, Gill, Cahoon and Pena are still here and none have hit the portal that I'm aware of.

Additions
Ross - freshman
Hornsby - freshman
Haile - freshman
Thomas - freshman

Haynes - transfer
Meeks - transfer

That's 13 total, plus Mews is still on the periphery. If everyone sticks there's other needs.

If a too good to pass up kids hit the portal I think we'll make a play. I also still expect 4 kids currently on the team to bolt so indeed that would make room.

Last edited:
You might be right but currently no one has left for the portal so if everything sticks we have 13 WRs, plus Gadsden and Tremble.

Teams generally carry 10-15 scholarship WRs depending on the style of O. Spread teams carry more. Syracuse carried 9 last year. I expect we'll carry 12-13 most years. 2 outside and 2 inside x 3 or 4 deep.

Currently have Alford, Hatcher, Brown, Long, Gill, Cahoon and Pena are still here and none have hit the portal that I'm aware of.

Additions
Ross - freshman
Hornsby - freshman
Haile - freshman
Thomas - freshman

Haynes - transfer
Meeks - transfer

That's 13 total, plus Mews is still on the periphery. If everyone sticks there's other needs.

If a too good to pass up kids hit the portal I think we'll make a play. I also still expect 4 kids currently on the team to bolt so indeed that would make room.
It's been thrown around here, not specifically, that a current WR is transitioning to DB (CB?). So something to think about there when it comes to numbers. Also have to consider having the 7 HS players coming in the fall allows us at a minimum to overbook the Spring by 7 then cut back.

It's been thrown around here, not specifically, that a current WR is transitioning to DB (CB?). So something to think about there when it comes to numbers. Also have to consider having the 7 HS players coming in the fall allows us at a minimum to overbook the Spring by 7 then cut back.

I've thought about that and I'm not sure who fits that criteria. Brown maybe ? Don't know enough about the kids who didn't see the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom