Class of 2016 - WR/CB DeVaughn Cooper (CA) In the transfer portal...again. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/CB DeVaughn Cooper (CA) In the transfer portal...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think that it's possible for us to get one of Cooper/ Riley/Byrd? Or is this an all or nothing kind of deal? I realize Byrd is offer less and we are almost certainly only looking at him as a priority walk on.

The more I look at these guys, it seems they want to play in college together.

Free Video

Does Riley flipping pave the way for the other teamates to committ as well, I'm hoping so.

Does Riley flipping pave the way for the other teamates to committ as well, I'm hoping so.

They haven't offered Byrd. Not sure if they will or not

For cooper it does IMO. Byrd might only get an offer if at the end of the day we strikeout elsewhere and we really want to make inroads at Narbonne.

Honestly though, if we get Cooper and Riley it's a big win for us. Heck Byrd (who is offer less right now) might walk on here if he feels he has a chance to earn a ship down the line.

For cooper it does IMO. Byrd might only get an offer if at the end of the day we strikeout elsewhere and we really want to make inroads at Narbonne.

Honestly though, if we get Cooper and Riley it's a big win for us. Heck Byrd (who is offer less right now) might walk on here if he feels he has a chance to earn a ship down the line.
That's an expensive proposition to walk on at 'Cuse vs other options-hopefully he could find some aid

That's an expensive proposition to walk on at 'Cuse vs other options-hopefully he could find some aid
Depends on his chances to earn a ship down the line elsewhere. One year of Cuse might well be cheaper than four years at Arizona.

But I agree, we can't expect Byrd to be here. We brought him out for a reason, so he is in our plans (even if it's the in case of emergency break glass plan) on some level.

Seems like a good kid all around, just not as talented as his brethren

Did this Cooper guy come along just to help get his buddies commitable offers? Any word from him since the visit?

Did this Cooper guy come along just to help get his buddies commitable offers? Any word from him since the visit?

I haven't heard anything and no word on Reese either. There's a few totally mum at this point.

I haven't heard anything and no word on Reese either. There's a few totally mum at this point.

On Reese, skowt is reporting that SU is the favorite unless FSU makes a push for him in these last couple of weeks.
http://www.At their request, this n...uiting/story/1633100-scout-300-trending-meter
http://www.At their request, this n...uiting/story/1633100-scout-300-trending-meter

It may be to far and to new for him to handle. Remember these 3 kids knew nothing SU prior to their coach giving them heads up on Coach Babers. JMO

Cooper visited Arizona this weekend. No word yet on him reaffirming.

Bummer. Sounds like he is staying committed to Zona.
Tough to blame him. I'll never forget Gronk's twitter message when he committed to Arizona over Clemson and Syracuse. "Here I come LADIES!!!"

Appears he's sticking with AZ per the other site...

No, it's between ASU and UA. He's not coming to SU.

Status
Not open for further replies.