Class of 2016 - WR/CB DeVaughn Cooper (CA) In the transfer portal...again. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/CB DeVaughn Cooper (CA) In the transfer portal...again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bnoro said:
It has way more to do with his teammate Sean Riley being in his ear rather than what some creepy adults are saying on twitter.

There are bunch of things creepier when it comes to recruiting. Bags of money (cough, SEC, cough) and face to face contact being way worse.

Staking out a restaurant in a coordinated way and clapping when the staff brings the kids in? Creepy.

Reaching out through social media is harmless.

There are bunch of things creepier when it comes to recruiting. Bags of money (cough, SEC, cough) and face to face contact being way worse.

Staking out a restaurant in a coordinated way and clapping when the staff brings the kids in? Creepy.

I don't know, if I were a recruit, I think a bag of cash would be less creepy than twitter-stalkers.

When some on Social Media decide they want to be the best friend of a 17-18 year old... that is Harbaugh creepy.
And when tweeters turn on a kid because of his decision that is nothing but disgusting.

CuseLegacy said:
When some on Social Media decide they want to be the best friend of a 17-18 year old... that is Harbaugh creepy. And when tweeters turn on a kid because of his decision that is nothing but disgusting.

Big difference between saying "congrats on the offer" and "best friend of a 17-18 year old kid" ...

My former job involved a lot of reaching out to kids at a school (ministry). Nothing worse than pretending like they don't exist or can't be talked to in a respectful way because of some invisible line between 17 and 19.

And I in no way condone turning on any kid should they choose to go somewhere else.

dollarbill44 said:
I don't know, if I were a recruit, I think a bag of cash would be less creepy than twitter-stalkers.

That's insane.

Money exchanged with a stranger x 1000 creepier

It has way more to do with his teammate Sean Riley being in his ear rather than what some creepy adults are saying on twitter.

THIS...I find it very odd that people get so wrapped up in what a 17/18 year old is doing on social media.

Big difference between saying "congrats on the offer" and "best friend of a 17-18 year old kid" ...

My former job involved a lot of reaching out to kids at a school (ministry). Nothing worse than pretending like they don't exist or can't be talked to in a respectful way because of some invisible line between 17 and 19.

And I in no way condone turning on any kid should they choose to go somewhere else.
There is a lot more that goes on or is said then just a congrats on the offer.

Bnoro you seem to have gone negative the last few weeks. Love your info but need the old Bornster back
Wish I had good news to give but just have to be realistic about this class and the guys we have out there.

And I REALLY hate the tweeting at recruits stuff. You got people over on the s k out board bragging about DM'ing kids which is beyond weird. It just needs to be stopped.

THIS...I find it very odd that people get so wrapped up in what a 17/18 year old is doing on social media.
What is sad is that kids get wrapped up in it too (not just athletes). One of the cultural shifts with kids is how much of their self asteem is affected by the response they get on social media. Psychologists are studying it now, and it's not healthy. But it is reality and, sadly, it probably does have some impact in recruiting

dollarbill44 said:
huh, that's how most people buy a house.

Not even remotely the same

1. You're a kid in high school
2. There are laws and regulations in place when you're dealing with realtors
3. It's not a purchase, it's a weird gift

CuseLegacy said:
There is a lot more that goes on or is said then just a congrats on the offer.

I see it all - 90% is fine communication

bnoro said:
Wish I had good news to give but just have to be realistic about this class and the guys we have out there. And I REALLY hate the tweeting at recruits stuff. You got people over on the s k out board bragging about DM'ing kids which is beyond weird. It just needs to be stopped.

Why is it weird?

What is sad is that kids get wrapped up in it too (not just athletes). One of the cultural shifts with kids is how much of their self asteem is affected by the response they get on social media. Psychologists are studying it now, and it's not healthy.

What's wrong with that? I just want to be "liked" is all.

Capture.JPG

Push ^^^ please. I guarantee to feel 25% better about myself.

bnoro - Do we have any realistic shot here? I know that you said Riley has been in his ear, but I feel like other than him saying that he is choosing between the two Arizona schools and us, there hasn't been much else.

Would love to land him, but IMO it seems like everything is pointing to UofA or ASU, other than Riley being committed here. Any info you've received that should give us any hope?

bnoro - Do we have any realistic shot here? I know that you said Riley has been in his ear, but I feel like other than him saying that he is choosing between the two Arizona schools and us, there hasn't been much else.

Would love to land him, but IMO it seems like everything is pointing to UofA or ASU, other than Riley being committed here. Any info you've received that should give us any hope?
I don't think we have any shot at this point. Probably 1%. Was surprised he tweeted that we were included in that final 3 the other day...

CuseLegacy said:
It isn't what is out on twitter...it is the stuff that goes on in dms and personal contact.

Ahhh - yep - I don't think that's good at all. Should all be in public, IMO.

Wish I had good news to give but just have to be realistic about this class and the guys we have out there.

And I REALLY hate the tweeting at recruits stuff. You got people over on the s k out board bragging about DM'ing kids which is beyond weird. It just needs to be stopped.

Not condoning it. I don't even have a twitter account. But this is how many people under 30 live their lives these days. Not just here but all over the globe. Everyone wants to be treated like a celebrity and have "followers" reading and retweeting every inane thing that they've done during the day. Maybe in ten years time we'll wondering what were we all thinking about wasting all that time on social media but right now we're still in the novelty phase. I doubt these kids find it creepy and in comparison with the other stuff that goes on in recruiting, it's harmless. Now if you're a member of this "army" and think that your tweets are vital to the SU recruiting effort, that's more than a bit delusional. But I wouldn't be willing to say that it has no effect. It's not an accident that all these kids are updating their decision status or making their decisions on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.