Class of 2025 - WR Darien Williams (NY: CBA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/16/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 WR Darien Williams (NY: CBA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/16/24)

The Dino disses in this thread are really unnecessary. Fran is a cut above 98% of coaches in the recruiting department. You can insert any name coach and Fran's recruiting will prove superior, as well as his ability to build relationships. I think this is getting obvious.

Dino had flaws. Fran will have flaws. But let's just be happy that Fran is Syrcause, and recruiting is skyrocketing

Thank you.
It's immature, spiteful, and totally beside the point to celebrate recruiting wins by dumping on FORMER HC Dino Babers. Why? What's the point other than to be an ahole?
We can't enjoy this new era without constantly referring to past failures, like that makes any earthly difference at this point?
By all rights Dino was a good guy who underperformed and was subsequently let go. Which happens to hundreds of coaches, every day, in every sport. Can't we just let it go already? Sheesh. -end rant-

And baaaack to D Williams. Another 4 star with wheels. Love it. Keep adding speed. Definitely worth a Rerun.

IMG_0576.gif

I’m not sure Wiltfong has ever commented on Syracuse recruiting before, ever. He’s usually the National blue blood guy. He’s like a spoke person now, the first guy breaking news for us. Clearly in someone’s pocket whether it’s Fran or Eli but Im loving it.
It's because there is no local 247 guy currently.

The Dino disses in this thread are really unnecessary. Fran is a cut above 98% of coaches in the recruiting department. You can insert any name coach and Fran's recruiting will prove superior, as well as his ability to build relationships. I think this is getting obvious.

Dino had flaws. Fran will have flaws. But let's just be happy that Fran is Syrcause, and recruiting is skyrocketing
It appears HCFB’s staff is a lot of recruiters who (hopefully) can coach, whereas previous staffs were full of FB coaches who were sent out recruiting. HCFB understands coaching is a lot easier if you have the better players.

Interesting that Fran is recruiting him as an athlete and more likely a DB according to him on the most recent SI article. I wasn’t expecting that just because we didn’t see any of him playing there in his highlights. With his speed I’m not doubting he can play there though. Kid can certainly track a ball and bring it in though. He’s going to come down with some picks that for sure.

WOW. What a thoughtful, well spoken young man!!

Beyond impressive.

DART.
Just a Jr in HS! Very intelligent and poised young man.

I know that it's probably posted somewhere but...is he related to Bruce?

It's because there is no local 247 guy currently.

It’s because Syracuse is a nobody. If the holy cross coach was here instead of Fran we wouldn’t be getting breaking recruiting news from Wiltfong. McAllister would’ve reported it, maybe, after the fact.

Williams is also a 3* kid from Syracuse. Hardly in Wiltfong’s wheelhouse.

It’s because Syracuse is a nobody. If the holy cross coach was here instead of Fran we wouldn’t be getting breaking recruiting news from Wiltfong. McAllister would’ve reported it, maybe, after the fact.

Williams is also a 3* kid from Syracuse. Hardly in Wiltfong’s wheelhouse.
There is a cone of silence around recruiting. No leak zone.

Wiltfong is reporting about an SU commitment because the local guy, Finneral, is gone and they haven't hired a replacement yet.

Wiltfong is reporting about an SU commitment because the local guy, Finneral, is gone and they haven't hired a replacement yet.
My guess would be there is a staff connection to this reporter. Get SU into the national recruiting news, increase national interest in SU for possible recruits.

I would like to see Stephen Baily replace Finneral.