Class of 2023 - WR Darrell Gill (TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/1/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Darrell Gill (TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/1/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's visiting, so the coaches will know how tall he is.
Unless he secretly adds a couple layers to the soles of his shoes, then they might never know.

From their Twitter Bio...Bayou City Preps Foundation is a 501-c3 that provides SAT/ACT prep, academic advisement, and recruiting exposure for scholar-athletes in grades 8-12.

His HS plays in Division 6A and is second in their District behind North Shore.
OK texascpa you know anything about this school or this player?

Don't know much about this player. Atascocita is a 6A school - largest classification. They are usually good. Not great, but good. More often than not they make the playoffs, but usually get eliminated first couple rounds. That said, he's playing against some of the top competition in the state, particularly when he's up against North Shore.

Don't know much about this player. Atascocita is a 6A school - largest classification. They are usually good. Not great, but good. More often than not they make the playoffs, but usually get eliminated first couple rounds. That said, he's playing against some of the top competition in the state, particularly when he's up against North Shore.

That’s what matters….. “playing against some of the top competition in the state”. I hate looking at guys with almost no offers, occasionally we luck out but generally they almost never see the field. But if he’s playing against solid competition maybe he’s just not getting the attention he deserves and that happens in states with tons of recruits

North Shore was one of the top schools in the country but didn’t they also play they our good buddy Kirk Martin every year when he was at Manvel ?

North Shore was one of the top schools in the country but didn’t they also play they our good buddy Kirk Martin every year when he was at Manvel ?
No. Manvel is 5A. North Shore is 6A.

You're probably thinking about Kirk Martin because of Dorian Hewitt who played for North Shore.

No. Manvel is 5A. North Shore is 6A.

You're probably thinking about Kirk Martin because of Dorian Hewitt who played for North Shore.

I knew Hewitt played at North Shore but I’m pretty sure the two teams played out of conference games against each other. They were some heavyweight battles.

Hewitt by the way rode pine for a few years then dropped out of usc.

I knew Hewitt played at North Shore but I’m pretty sure the two teams played out of conference games against each other. They were some heavyweight battles.

Hewitt by the way rode pine for a few years then dropped out of usc.
Too bad.

And you're right Manvel and North Shore did play each other.

OFFERED> DARRELL GILL, JR 2023 ATASCOCITA HS, HUMBLE, TX
#15 6' 3" 178, 4.41 40, 44" VJ, , 55 REC 12TDs, - 1148 REC YDS

COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE 2/1/23

FkhhnbJWQAE9WJu

DEPENDING ON POSITION THE FOLLOWING 40 TIMES ARE PERTINENT:

GOOD = 5.0 - 5.99

FAST = 4.9 - 4.99

FAST= 4.8 - 4.89

FAST= 4.7 - 4.79

FAST= 4.6 - 4.69

FAST= 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49

ELITE = 4.2 - 4.39

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

VERY FAST
VJ IS AN AMAZING 44" SO HE HAS THE HOPS TO GET UP AND GET THE BALL
GREAT VISION
HAS THE DEED ON GO ROUTES AT ATASCOCITA
HIS QB HAS A GUN SO HE SCORES MANY TDS
OUTRUNS D ON EVERY ROUTE
GOOD BLOCKER

Last edited:
it says he runs the 200 in 22.3 thats not crazy fast but it would put you around the top 10 in NY state.

Can’t find anything out there about Gills intentions today

The Dead Period ends on 3/1 and they have until 4/1 to sign somewhere...who knows.

Locally. Newspapers, news stations, Hs, are not indicating what the plan is. If he’s qualified he would be wise to sign today.

I’m seeing some traction in excitement trending on twitter, any chance he could make an impact this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom