Class of 2023 - WR Darrell Gill (TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/1/23) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Darrell Gill (TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/1/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6' 3" 178

He's a lean machine.
Interesting, this graphic has him at 6' and 175lbs.
Screenshot_20230201_102318_Gallery.jpg

View attachment 224674
I think that is a keying error.

Everywhere I have seen his height listed, it is 6'3. Looking at his film, I think he is clearly taller than 6'0. Might well actually be 6'2 but I do not believe 6'0 is accurate.

His HUDL profile says he runs a 10.8 100 and can squat 405 and deadlift 500 pounds. That is pretty impressive and bodes well for him getting bigger over time.

I think that is a keying error.

Everywhere I have seen his height listed, it is 6'3. Looking at his film, I think he is clearly taller than 6'0. Might well actually be 6'2 but I do not believe 6'0 is accurate.

His HUDL profile says he runs a 10.8 100 and can squat 405 and deadlift 500 pounds. That is pretty impressive and bodes well for him getting bigger over time.
View attachment 224674
Definitely an error. I've noticed lots of errors on those regarding measurements and positions etc.

In addition to a 44' VJ,

here are some other PRs for him:.

6'2 HJ
21 8.5 LJ
43 10.75 TJ

He has some spring in his legs...
His 22.30 second 200m time is a fast time. As a reference point, the NYS best men's time for the year was 22.20 seconds.
So yes he is pretty fast.

didnt it say he had a 3.6 gpa?
He did…but maybe he had work to do cling into SR season. Not uncommon.

Also total speculation on my part!

This is kind of like finding an extra present behind the tree on Christmas 3 hours later after you thought you already opened them all. Looks like a nice player even though a lot of Cuses ex's are from Texas, love to see this one stick.

Look at how active the texas p5’s are in the portal.

Likely this kid traditionally is pursued by the Tech’s, TCU’s, UTA etc but fell through the cracks due to the change in recruiting.

And have a lip in at all times.
If he really has a 44 vertical David Thompson had a 48, and was amazing.
He could be the deep threat everyone has been waiting for, get to 200 lbs, and you have a 1st round draft choice if he can catch.

I can’t imagine so. Gonna major in engineering and Purdue wanted him. Have to be a pretty smart dude for that.
That's impressive, engineering. That's a tough major for anybody much less a football player. We had D-back or linebacker (Cam Lynch maybe?) who was an engineering major during the Shafer era. I remember he was a starter and quality player. He was excused from some practices and meetings when he had school conflicts with classes or other academic responsibilities. I remember an article where he said Shafer flat out asked him if he was up for majoring in engineering and playing major college football. He said he was and was going to get the degree. I remember the article saying he was sleep deprived from staying up late nights studying. Any help from somebody in the forum on who it was?

Last edited:
That's impressive, engineering. That's a tough major for anybody much less a football player. We had D-back or linebacker (Cam Lynch maybe?) who was an engineering major during the Shafer era. I remember it was a starter and quality player. He was excused from some practices and meetings when he had school conflicts with classes or other academic responsibilities. I remember an article where he said Shafer flat out asked him if he was up for majoring in engineering and playing major college football. He said he was and was going to get the degree. I remember the article saying he was sleep deprived from staying up late nights studying. Any help from somebody in the forum on who it was?
Chris Fredrick?

I looked at the Atascocita HS football twitter account and only four kids from the team signed anywhere. A 3 star DL to TAMU. A five stat Punter to UT. An LB, with a 3.2 GPA to Blinn CC. And Gill to SU.

Didn’t think A&M even bothered with 3 stars.

I looked at the Atascocita HS football twitter account and only four kids from the team signed anywhere. A 3 star DL to TAMU. A five stat Punter to UT. An LB, with a 3.2 GPA to Blinn CC. And Gill to SU.

Pretty good. So 3 kids from that HS are signing P5. The entire state of NY had 11.

I have 14 NYS kids that signed with P5 programs so far in the class of 2023.

But if you don’t consider Rutgers a P5 school, you are dead on. ;)

Everyone interested in Darrell Gill Jr. I am the EVAL person on the Football Recruiting site and I take every recruits information seriously. I try to get everything I can on each recruit.

Sometimes I think people don't take the time to look at what I have, now in bold type with a picture of the athlete to make it easier to make your own judgement on each recruit.

If I list a 40 time, which is the most difficult time to get, someone 5 posts later after I have posted the time, will ask what it is or how fast he is when I've already gotten that for them. Maybe they are coming in late and don't have time to read the thread or go back a few posts. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Please use the information I have which I get from CuseLegacy or OrangeXtreme.

In my research of all the rating sites there is always a difference in height and weight. Some, like ON3 and Rivals don't have much information at all. So, like always in my Evaluation posts, I usually take the height and weight that is repeatedly the same.

HUDL is a good site and reference. They will have not only HT & WT but BP, SQ, 185 BP # of REPS along with the recruits 40 time - when I'm lucky - if not, I have to enter the info I want - sometimes it's there, sometimes not.

In Gill, I think we have a budding star at WR. A 4.41 40 is very fast, and he has great hands. Looking at his film he catches everyting with his hands and great hops with that 44" VJ which is among the top VJ's in the NFL, he can get up above DB's to make the catch. With that combination and a chance, he could be that receiver we are looking for opposite Gadsden.

I am putting this link here because it shows who has the top VJ's in the NFL for you to look at if you like.

As of the time of this writing he is listed on HUDL at 6' 3" 178, 4.41 40, 44" VJ, I cannot find the weight room stats tomcat noted.

Her are his own Twitter notes:

https://twitter.com/Darrell_Gill_jr
Darrell Gill Jr
@Darrell_Gill_jr·
Dec 21, 2022
DON'T MISS THE HIDDEN NUGGETS. hudl.com/profile//13709211/Darrell-Gill-Jr… 12TDs, 1148 rec yds, 55 receptions, speed and solid blocking skills is truly a gift from My Heavenly Father.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors