Class of 2016 - WR Devin Butler (MD) SIGNED LOI | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Devin Butler (MD) SIGNED LOI

Devin, Welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!

Devin_Butler.jpg

Welcome Go~To Guy!

Another great pickup!!!!!

Heck of an athlete with true track speed! Welcome aboard young man!

Yes and this guy is our burner and will make defenses real nervous. Welcome to the CUSE Mr. Butler.

Awesome pickup! We are killing it this weekend. Still, 6' or 6'3"? Judging by the pics during his visit he looks 6'3".

With his speed D'so are gonna have to respect it, maybe opens up some more of the field to use. Wonder if he gets a look at either kickoffs or punt returns.

When's the last time we had a player also run track? Qadry "The Missile" Ismail?

He was my favorite player when I was a kid.

When's the last time we had a player also run track? Qadry "The Missile" Ismail?

He was my favorite player when I was a kid.
Mike & Larry Morris did back in my days on the Hill.

GoCuse08 said:
When's the last time we had a player also run track? Qadry "The Missile" Ismail? He was my favorite player when I was a kid.

Jim Turner?

Maurice Jackson, I think.

Pasqualoni put a stop to that practice and I'm a little surprised that, in the era of over-specialization, Babers would allow this. (I think it's great for the kids and hope Butler does well with two sports.)

OttoMets said:
Maurice Jackson, I think. Pasqualoni put a stop to that practice and I'm a little surprised that, in the era of over-specialization, Babers would allow this. (I think it's great for the kids and hope Butler does well with two sports.)
I would never turn down a WR who wants to be a sprinter and is actually fast enough to do it. The crossover benefit of these two activities is very tangible.

... I'm a little surprised that, in the era of over-specialization, Babers would allow this. (I think it's great for the kids and hope Butler does well with two sports.)

Don't be surprised if this becomes more common under Babers. Baylor Allows it. Some sources indicate that Briles encourages players that play both in HS to go to Baylor to Play football and run track also, looks like they join the track team after spring football is over. Speed Kills.
WacoTribune

Ottoble said:
Don't be surprised if this becomes more common under Babers. Baylor Allows it. Some sources indicate that Briles encourages players that play both in HS to go to Baylor to Play football and run track also, looks like they join the track team after spring football is over. Speed Kills. WacoTribune

And endurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom