Class of 2016 - WR Donald Stewart (NJ) Verbal to Stanford | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Donald Stewart (NJ) Verbal to Stanford

Yep. But I figured we may be able to stay in second place and possibly pull off a major upset. But now that we've got two schools ahead of us, our odds went from about 2% to roughly 0.00001%.
I'm hoping Michigan's class fills up soon so Harbaugh can stop pissing me off!

Good for the kid for getting his dream offer. But it makes me so sad. He's by far my favorite WR prospect of the ones we're going after, and it looks like we're finishing firmly in third place.
Funny how the dream offer for a WR is from a meathead school with a meathead, low-producing offense. I thought they were TE U.

Funny how the dream offer for a WR is from a meathead school with a meathead, low-producing offense. I thought they were TE U.

Stanford is a meathead school?

Stanford is a meathead school?
Referring only to the football program. It was a frequent discussion point when we thought Lester was going to run a lot of "12 personnel" offensive packages. Spread advocates use it as an example of a poorly-designed offense that underperforms and underproduces, unless you have rare world-class talent at tight end.

May want to consider throwing Tyree in there as well

Just gonna drop this here, because for people who haven't watched his highlights yet, do so. This kid is special. Superb body control and hands to go along with a 6-4, 185 frame and very good athleticism. Only thing he doesn't have is elite speed. Good speed, not great speed.

NFL wide receiver. Book it.

Just gonna drop this here, because for people who haven't watched his highlights yet, do so. This kid is special. Superb body control and hands to go along with a 6-4, 185 frame and very good athleticism. Only thing he doesn't have is elite speed. Good speed, not great speed.

Nice tape; an actual deep threat receiver...
It would be great if we could dangle Marvin Harrison's #8 jersey to this kid, except for one slight issue...
If Steve were magnanimous enough to offer up #8 to a Frosh, he would be my favorite player on the roster...

Great route runner. Great hands. Great size. One thing I noticed is he doesn't have as much separation as a lot of these elite WR's have in their highlights. Obviously he's not a burner, so i'd be interested to see how his game transfers over to the college level where he won't be as physically imposing, and his speed will almost always be matched.

With that said I still want him.

Great route runner. Great hands. Great size. One thing I noticed is he doesn't have as much separation as a lot of these elite WR's have in their highlights. Obviously he's not a burner, so i'd be interested to see how his game transfers over to the college level where he won't be as physically imposing, and his speed will almost always be matched.

With that said I still want him.
That's definitely the one thing I could see giving him a little trouble. But like you said, great size and hands. His body control looks to be as good as Mike Williams, and I always thought that was Mike's best attribute at the position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom