Class of 2016 - WR Donald Stewart (NJ) Verbal to Stanford | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Donald Stewart (NJ) Verbal to Stanford

Great route runner. Great hands. Great size. One thing I noticed is he doesn't have as much separation as a lot of these elite WR's have in their highlights. Obviously he's not a burner, so i'd be interested to see how his game transfers over to the college level where he won't be as physically imposing, and his speed will almost always be matched.

With that said I still want him.
Anquan Boldin but taller.

That's a bold(in) prediction. He needs to gain a LOT of strength. I have always thought AJ Green with less speed.
Hakeem nicks to me

Jekelish, who seems pretty plugged in here seems to believe we are firmly in third place behind Stanford and Michigan. Our only real shot seems to be if Michigan fills up and he doesn't get into Stanford academically.

So yes we have a shot, it's just not a huge one right now.

Jekelish, who seems pretty plugged in here seems to believe we are firmly in third place behind Stanford and Michigan. Our only real shot seems to be if Michigan fills up and he doesn't get into Stanford academically.

^^^ This. Basically we have to hope that things don't work out at Michigan or Stanford at this point, I think. I think we are definitely in third place, and there's a pretty big drop off after us.

^^^ This. Basically we have to hope that things don't work out at Michigan or Stanford at this point, I think. I think we are definitely in third place, and there's a pretty big drop off after us.
Safety school?

I have a feeling Michigan and Stanford have already backed off some, if not entirely.

Works for me! I know the staff turned KJ Gray away at WR, I presume the story changes with Stewart, right?

Honestly my excitement level hasn't changed. I always knew we were top 3, so if he was gonna take his five officials, I always assumed we would be one of them. It's still Stanford and Michigan as 1A and 1B, with us in third.

Why do I feel that Michigan has all their receivers already?

Michigan just got a commit from a 4-star WR named Ahmir Mitchell (6-3, 206...listed as an athlete but he's being recruited as a WR).

I'm starting to feel like whether or not we get Stewart depends on whether or not he gets into Stanford.

Bump - Any new news on this situation?

Nothing that I know of. All seems pretty quiet. I would imagine the pecking order is the same: Stanford and Michigan 1A and 1B, SU coming in third.

Honestly - the longer this plays out, the better it is for us as Michigan and Stanford start filling up.