Class of 2016 - WR Gene Coleman II (NJ) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Gene Coleman II (NJ) Offered

CuseLegacy said:
583030409732190208 Oh Lord

I can't resd what you embedded only numbers show up, but I'm real curious what the "oh lord" is for .?

EDIT: Not sure if someone hit a magic button, but everything is coming through now. Unfortunately the first thing I see is Coleman in a freaking NCST jacket. He definitely seemed to have enjoyed himself at NCST. I'm sure McDonald is going to wrap this one up.

Last edited:
http://syracuse.At their request, t...e-going-strong-on-north-jersey-receiver?s=185

Free Article...

Apr 16, 2015 | 10:21 am
Orange Going Strong On North Jersey Receiver
http://imgix.At their request, this...this site./72/727786.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Recruiting Analyst
This story was originally published on ScoutFootball.com.
Syracuse pushed back into the New Jersey recruiting scene, and receivers coach Bobby Acosta is a big reason why.

And another North Jersey target, receiver Gene Coleman of Bergen Catholic, said a recent visit to campus opened his eyes to the Orange, which is one of three programs recruiting him the hardest.

“They’re selling the fact that they think I can come in and play right away,” Coleman said. “They say I can be effective and they can use me in a lot of different ways.”

Analysis
He is quick off the line of scrimmage and able to beat the jam. He gets down the field quickly and shows good hands catching the ball in traffic. Coleman has good speed and a good frame, and he got in and out of breaks well, but he needs to work on being more elusive after the catch. He is more of a possession receiver at this point, and he needs to add strength. -- Brian Dohn

Coleman visited for a spring practice and not only saw the Orange in action, but he was able to meet the coaching staff and get a better look at the program. He toured campus, learned about the academic side of Syracuse and was able to get a feel for how he could fit into the offense.

“The position they’re recruiting me for is the ‘Z’ position,” he said. “It’s for a smaller, shifty guy. I’m not a 6-3 receiver. I’m versatile, so they say things like playing that position is a good fit for me.”

He also liked the approach of the players in practice.

“I loved the intensity, and I loved the facilities,” Coleman said. “Coach Acosta, he’s a really good coach. … I don’t really have a No. 1 but there are a couple of schools that are standing out.”

Syracuse, Rutgers and Penn State (no offer) are the schools Coleman speaks with the most.

He holds offers from Rutgers (he is visiting for the spring game), Syracuse, Army, Connecticut and Buffalo, but there should be a parade of coaches coming through Bergen Catholic in the next six weeks.

Penn State, which wants to see him in camp, Maryland, NC State, North Carolina and Tennessee are all in touch with Coleman.

Gene Coleman II ‏@KingCole9_ 36m36 minutes ago
People act like cause I'm not ranked im not expecting to dominate and be the best at the @RovalsCamp on Sunday.. got another thing coming.
1f4af.png

Gene Coleman II ‏@KingCole9_ 36m36 minutes ago
People act like cause I'm not ranked im not expecting to dominate and be the best at the @RovalsCamp on Sunday.. got another thing coming.
1f4af.png
Got to love this attitude. He knows he still has something to prove and in his mind he is going to do just that. I feel like he would really fit in as SU.

So Penn State's attitude is, you have to spend money on our camp and come here before we'll consider offering you a scholarship?

Looks like Coleman, Gray, Fish, et al are at NJ Rovals camp today.

Lots of other names Cuse is involved with are on that list too.

Wonder why we haven't heard more about Koby Quansah. Thought they'd be all over him.

Wonder why we haven't heard more about Koby Quansah. Thought they'd be all over him.
Is that a recruiting violation?

I was a big fan of Quansah. He just listed a fellow ACC member as a favorite though. Not that it means much, but it looks like he is looking elsewhere. Hopefully we can make another push, or at least get him back on campus. Kid is a stud.