Class of 2024 - WR Jaylan Hornsby (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/10/23) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Jaylan Hornsby (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/10/23)

Yeah, Fran literally said “why would I stop doing something I’m so good at?”
I think his philosophy is nice and a big change -- he wants to be the CEO and a big part of the CEO role is recruiting, building a culture and trusting his guys. He's going to let his coordinators game plan and do what they should, and I suspect won't meddle as much.

I think his philosophy is nice and a big change -- he wants to be the CEO and a big part of the CEO role is recruiting, building a culture and trusting his guys. He's going to let his coordinators game plan and do what they should, and I suspect won't meddle as much.
Yep - if he makes good hires then he doesn't need to be as hands on and he can focus on being a CEO and a cog in recruiting which he's extremely good at.

Yep - if he makes good hires then he doesn't need to be as hands on and he can focus on being a CEO and a cog in recruiting which he's extremely good at.
That's a reasonable assumption. However, I think Fran Brown will continue to do the things he has always done. It's the relationships that matter to him and the reason why kids are attracted to him. It is who he is. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

IMG_9856.jpeg

So annoying how rigged the entire game is. Exactly why the recruiting sites can shove it.

Both Hornsby and Edward’s dropped from 4 star to 3 star at rvls after being named locks to commit to CUSE. Tell me the system isn’t rigged.

Meaningless.

When all the SEC boosters get together in the locker room at the country club they all compare their "recruit rankings".

Think of how impressive it will be for Syracuse to win a National Title with a roster of only 2 & 3 star kids. ;)

Both Hornsby and Edward’s dropped from 4 star to 3 star at rvls after being named locks to commit to CUSE. Tell me the system isn’t rigged.
Don’t get it. Why downgrade just because he’s no longer committed to a particular team? How does this maneuver help or hurt any team or recruiting service?

Obviously someone who has a considerable amount of power at rvls, someone with admin privileges to move ratings around, and my hunch is that it’s someone affiliated with the rutgers site….but suppose it could also maybe be penn state or bc sites. What’s Farrell up to these days.

Last edited:
Obviously someone who has a considerable amount of power at rvls, someone with admin privileges to move ratings around, and my hunch is that it’s someone affiliated with the rutgers site….could also maybe be penn state or bc sites. What’s Farrell up to these days.
I’m guessing about 375.

Meaningless.

When all the SEC boosters get together in the locker room at the country club they all compare their "recruit rankings".

Think of how impressive it will be for Syracuse to win a National Title with a roster of only 2 & 3 star kids. ;)

It’s actually not meaningless. It’s all about perception and it’s how the ‘they don’t have any talent and can’t recruit to Syracuse narratives start.”

It’s better to just look at the offer sheet. The recruiting cites cater to big schools and always will, if Hornsby was staying at A&M no shot he gets downgraded. If KingJoseph was favored to go to FSU absolutely in no way is he being downgraded. Hell if we pulled the miracle and landed KJ I’m sure next update they’d have him in the late 20s/early or mid 30s instead of top 10/15 where he’s at now.

It’s better to just look at the offer sheet. The recruiting cites cater to big schools and always will, if Hornsby was staying at A&M no shot he gets downgraded. If KingJoseph was favored to go to FSU absolutely in no way is he being downgraded. Hell if we pulled the miracle and landed KJ I’m sure next update they’d have him in the late 20s/early or mid 30s instead of top 10/15 where he’s at now.

The recruiting sites in the sec don’t care about Syracuse. They have nothing to gain from it. It’s someone regional.

Last edited:

Agreed. Offers are the key to look at. If the ones giving the actual stars actually knew what they were doing, they would be actual scouts.

Don’t get it. Why downgrade just because he’s no longer committed to a particular team? How does this maneuver help or hurt any team or recruiting service?
It doesn’t, odds are they were slated for a down grade weeks ago. Doesn’t matter anyway, stars don’t drive performance

Because when fans of large fan base state schools see all their guys ratings are climbing they will be more likely to get excited and decide to subscribe to said recruiting site. For those guys to climb, others must fall.

Only way it would change is if a site like this was aligned with a recruiting portal site. We're by far the most active and independent, so there's no value in them investing in rating our guys when they can prop up another site they may money off of it. It's about dollars plain and simple.

The recruiting sites in the sec don’t care about Syracuse. They have nothing to gain from it. It’s someone regional.
They just updated their position rankings. I’m not sure if the state rankings recalibrated as a result or not. I didn’t see mention of a state ranking update.

Whatever it was though, it’s pretty obvious kids were moved around based on where they are committing. Which isn’t talent assessment. It’s being SEC homers.