Class of 2018 - WR Kevin Johnson Jr (NJ/IMG) PWO SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Kevin Johnson Jr (NJ/IMG) PWO SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Is it possible that he has "signed" but is not receiving a scholarship as he did not require one financially? So he doesn't consider himself a pwo?

I’m curious to see what position he plays wide receiver or defensive back. many of his highlight he's playing DB.

Last edited:
Regardless, this is pretty cool. He had a couple of big offers (Florida), but instead wanted to go to his father's alma mater. I hope he starts 60 games in his career (and we therefore win 4 straight national championships).

Is it possible that he has "signed" but is not receiving a scholarship as he did not require one financially? So he doesn't consider himself a pwo?
Merit based scholarship? Dad coming back as WR coach?

Athletic scholarship has no relationship to need.

My buddy sold/installed the window treatments in the Johnson household and had nice things to say about senior, except that he hovered around during the install.

My buddy sold/installed the window treatments in the Johnson household and had nice things to say about senior, except that he hovered around during the install.
He would hate working for my husband.;)

You can sign financial aid papers (even if financial aid papers are $0 and you're paying full tuition price), and that would be "signing" - so, yes.

I feel as though Cuse.com would have released something if he was a scholarship player, though. They have on every other one-off scholarship signing we have made (Alton Robinson in the fall, most recently).

Orange Football Welcomes Mid-Year Enrollees

Johnson Jr. is the son of former Syracuse All-American and 1998 BIG EAST Special Teams Player of the Year Kevin Johnson Sr. The younger Johnson, who stands 5-foot-11 and weighs 190 pounds, began his prep career at The Hun School in New Jersey before transferring to Florida's IMG Academy for his senior season. A special teams player for the Ascenders, Johnson Jr. helped IMG Academy to an 8-0 record and the No. 2 ranking in the final USA Today Super 25 poll.