Class of 2018 - WR Kevin Johnson Jr (NJ/IMG) PWO SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Kevin Johnson Jr (NJ/IMG) PWO SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I don't care how many stars he has, how many other offers, if he is a scholarship or a PWO. His father was a great player for SU. He is a Legacy and he has come home. That's all that matters.
Should set the bar for work ethic among the wr’s

Hopefully he’s great friends with some ‘19 kids.

Between Juan Wallace and Kevin Johnson, it'd be real nice to see this staff turn IMG into a pipeline down the road... whoooboy!
I thought you were going to say it would be nice to see the staff turn him into Juan Johnson.

I see the title now has changed. Does that mean that we have confirmation that he’s a PWO? I haven’t been able to find that anywhere. Regardless, great for him.

There is a story on the Gators page on Scout about Mullen offering Johnson and the tie in between Kevin Johnson and Dan Mullen. I checked out his recruiting page and it lists the 2 offers from Colorado and Florida. It also says Johnson is "cool" regarding any of the teams listed including SU.

Might be the offers are to stir up interest in his recruitment. Maybe someone who subscribes to Scout can read the article on the Gator Scout page and let us know the relationship between Kevin Sr and Dan Mullen.

Mullen was a GA here in 98. He came here after being a WR coach at Wagner and Colombia

When Kevin Sr. returned the season-opening KO against Ron Dayne & Wisky in Giants Stadium in '97, my father spilled every last ounce of his beer all over the living room rug. My mother flipped out.

Here's to hopefully many more messes.

I was best man at a wedding in Manhattan that day so I missed out on going to the game or watching it. Glad the bride and groom are still married, at least missing one of our great blowout wins was worth it. Sorta.

Syracuse adds wide receiver Kevin Johnson Jr. to class of 2018 commitments

"Johnson does not have a scholarship offer from Syracuse, per 247sports.com, and only Colorado and Florida have extended scholarships. There is still an SU connection for Johnson, as his father, Kevin Johnson Sr., played wide receiver for the Orange in the late 1990s. With no scholarship offer, Johnson will likely join the team as a preferred walk-on.

Playing at IMG (Florida) Academy, Johnson played alongside two future teammates at SU in defensive back Andre Cisco and linebacker Juan Wallace. Ranked just a two-star prospect, Johnson stands 5-feet, 11-inches tall and weighs 185 pounds, per 247sports.com. He runs a 4.54-second 40-yard dash and 4.15-second shuttle, per his Hudl.com profile.

Syracuse already had four wide receivers in the Class of 2018, and signed all four yesterday on the opening of the new early signing period. Track the rest of Dino Babers’ 2018 class here."

Has to work on that speed as he has a solid frame if those measurables are correct.
His speed #'s are decent. Shuttle is faster than Hendrix(by .05) .07 slower than Lutz in the 40.

His speed #'s are decent. Shuttle is faster than Hendrix(by .05) .07 slower than Lutz in the 40.
I think speed improvement could be a gateway to a schollie and the field for him.

Anyone know how good his hands are? Can’t watch the tape at the moment.

I really like his size. Compact, strong possession receivers are a nice commodity for this offense if they have the hands and route running capabilities.

he also plays a lot of DB in the video. The shuttle time if accurate is really good.