Class of 2019 - WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech

Exactly. That's just stunning to me

I'm not saying this is Burnett's reason, as a guy of his talents is unlikely to be that worried about this.

At some point, some WR's have to look at the depth chart, and see that we have so many WR's (young ones too) and think they have a limited path to playing time here. PItt has to have an easier path to playing time.

Perhaps it's also about being close to home? Or continuing to be one of the best WRs in the history of PA by continuing to rep that in college?

I'm not saying this is Burnett's reason, as a guy of his talents is unlikely to be that worried about this.

At some point, some WR's have to look at the depth chart, and see that we have so many WR's (young ones too) and think they have a limited path to playing time here. PItt has to have an easier path to playing time.

Perhaps it's also about being close to home? Or continuing to be one of the best WRs in the history of PA by continuing to rep that in college?

I've never bought this argument. If this was as big of a factor as people like to think, we'd be getting big recruits at different positions for the last 10 years. We haven't had any depth almost anywhere for a really long time.

Kids in PA all want to play for the in state schools. Just the way it is. That's the culture of Pennsylvania folk

we play 3-4-5 WR every snap.. pitt does not.. depth charts matter but you cant look at ours and not also look at pitts.. on top of that if he is good he should think he can jump to the top of ours because if he cant he likely cant at pitt either.

Kids in PA all want to play for the in state schools. Just the way it is. That's the culture of Pennsylvania folk
To say all is wrong. I would say a good percentage of kids in the middle of PA want to play at PSU, but if you look at the top talent in PA it's a 50/50 split with kids staying in state and kids getting out.

Also to the other point about being closer to home it's only a 30 minute difference of Syracuse vs Pitt
I think the kid committed super early and never got to enjoy the full process which I think ever kid should slow down and enjoy the full process.

To say all is wrong. I would say a good percentage of kids in the middle of PA want to play at PSU, but if you look at the top talent in PA it's a 50/50 split with kids staying in state and kids getting out.

Also to the other point about being closer to home it's only a 30 minute difference of Syracuse vs Pitt
I think the kid committed super early and never got to enjoy the full process which I think ever kid should slow down and enjoy the full process.
Exactly.
If he changed his mind, so be it. His loss, IMO.

... and then COMMIT TO CUSE anyway!!!

FIFY. ;)

He'd get more targets in one season here, than in his entire career at Pitt.

I hope he likes blocking for running plays 95% of the time, if that's the way he's leaning.

Hate to say it, but the name I keep getting told to me is Pitt. Not sure if any bigger teams have been sniffing around either.
xK3wwo.gif

FIFY. ;)

He'd get more targets in one season here, than in his entire career at Pitt.

I hope he likes blocking for running plays 95% of the time, if that's the way he's leaning.

That is true but Babers did say just before this that SU NEEDS to get players into the NFL. Pitt has done a very good job of this.

Also, instead of being 1 of 4 WR's getting the ball thrown to maybe Pitt is saying you are our #1?

His team is still busy in the playoffs and I don't see where he has taken any other visits yet.

It completely defies logic that any WR wouldn't want to come play at Syracuse. The volume of looks and overall production will be statistically insane if you're good enough to be the guy. Outside of the other Air Raid schools, there is no other place than Syracuse to get the chance to catch the ball as much.

Oh yeah, WE PLAY IN A DOME, too.

Hope we pull another Nunn here. Wouldn’t that be sweet. Heck we’d even have them room together.

Any word. Anybody.
Very quiet.
Oh and sorry, didn’t mean to get anyone’s hopes up by moving this to the top of the recruiting list. We’ll see.

Any word. Anybody.
Very quiet.
Oh and sorry, didn’t mean to get anyone’s hopes up by moving this to the top of the recruiting list. We’ll see.
I was just checking on him today...nothing that I could see.

Nothing with any other schools yet that I've seen. Is that odd ? IDK, but it's one reason I mentioned grades earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom