Class of 2019 - WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech

Can you go pro after graduating.?

I believe the military has made exceptions in the past but if the military is your true calling, would such a person want to be a benefactor of an exception?

So are we to assume there was an academic eligibility issue here?

His QB, Chase Diehl, is All State and has no offers, There is just something odd there. Either academically or someone giving these kids bad advice.
and the 2nd WR de-committed as well, something really odd going on...

Mayhaps some awful advice sprinkled in. At some point you look at the coaches giving advice to these kids and helping them get offers

Mayhaps some awful advice sprinkled in. At some point you look at the coaches giving advice to these kids and helping them get offers
Different sport for me but me and my family had no idea we were supposed to be marketing. Thought the stats in the paper would do all the work and the coach would assist with their own contacts. Retrospectively seems like a significant oversight. The stats in the local paper don't go anywhere and the coach is limited to their contacts and may have minimal to no contacts.

and the 2nd WR de-committed as well, something really odd going on...
Hey PAcuse I know we are in the same area, but I didn’t think McDevitt had any reputation for this kind of problem. Have you heard different? Generally speaking, not specific to Nazir Burnett.

Different sport for me but me and my family had no idea we were supposed to be marketing. Thought the stats in the paper would do all the work and the coach would assist with their own contacts. Retrospectively seems like a significant oversight. The stats in the local paper don't go anywhere and the coach is limited to their contacts and may have minimal to no contacts.
Seems to be a trend on their team though. Not like its a small hs program either

Hey PAcuse I know we are in the same area, but I didn’t think McDevitt had any reputation for this kind of problem. Have you heard different? Generally speaking, not specific to Nazir Burnett.
Yeah I've always heard they where solid academic wise, they get their kids to D1, and usually when one of their kids committs they sign. This is all seeming very odd to me.

What sport for your child?

Baseball

I dont know where you live, but you need to be playing high-end summer ball and hitting camps (college and showcase).

I consider myself lucky my coach didnt screw it up when the college coaches called him to confirm i existed.

His QB, Chase Diehl, is All State and has no offers, There is just something odd there. Either academically or someone giving these kids bad advice.

When you say advice, by a coach or do you think this is more along the lines of school advisors?

Yeah I've always heard they where solid academic wise, they get their kids to D1, and usually when one of their kids committs they sign. This is all seeming very odd to me.

And the coach has been there forever. Hard to believe that he suddenly dropped the ball on the team discipline front. It doesn't really make any sense and I don't know if we can necessarily conclude that there is a single cause for all of these kids' decisions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom