Class of 2015 - WR/OLB Alex Parkinson (NY) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 WR/OLB Alex Parkinson (NY) Offered

165k decision but I guess he's betting on himself. Good for him.
How would he not be betting on himself where ever he goes? If you mean from an NFL perspective, going to Princeton all but assures he doesn't become a pro. But he probably gets a degree he can use to make a crapton of money without destroying his body long term.

Word on the twittersphere is that SU has major interest.

If you read the latest article that Mr. Rutgers (Dohn) just put out on skout about his de-commitment, he lists in bold letters every school the kid is interested in expect Syracuse. For us he left off the bold type. Methinks it wasn't a mistake. tool.

How would he not be betting on himself where ever he goes? If you mean from an NFL perspective, going to Princeton all but assures he doesn't become a pro. But he probably gets a degree he can use to make a crapton of money without destroying his body long term.

Because Ivies don't give scholarships for athletics. And just because you graduate from an Ivy doesn't guarantee a job either.. just ask the kid who just graduated from P with a degree in engineering and is still looking for a job. Oh Lord

If you read the latest article that Mr. Rutgers (Dohn) just put out on skout about his de-commitment, he lists in bold letters every school the kid is interested in expect Syracuse. For us he left off the bold type. Methinks it wasn't a mistake. tool.

http://recruiting.At their request,...e&hootPostID=d06e90867f60d31ee78415e8738f13d9

Free article...

Simmons Decommits, Exploring Options
http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./72/727786.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Recruiting Analyst
Bethlehem (Pa.) Catholic receiver Freddie Simmons decommitted from Rutgers and is exploring his options, which include two official visits already set.
Freddie Simmons knew for a while he didn’t feel comfortable with his commitment to Rutgers, but he waited for the season to end to make his decision known to Scarlet Knights coach Kyle Flood.
Now Simmons, a receiver from Bethlehem (Pa.) Catholic, is focused on a handful of other schools – Wake Forest, San Diego State, Washington State, Syracuse, UCF and Penn State. He has official visits set to Wake Forest (Jan. 16) and San Diego State (Jan. 23)
“I think the whole setting and location ….the whole reason I decommitted is I didn‘t get to visit any schools with an official visit and when I visited (Rutgers) I wasn’t comfortable,” Simmons said of his trip to the game against Wisconsin. “I was driving around campus and looking around and I didn’t feel comfortable. I didn’t want to go there.”
Simmons said it was tough calling Flood to decommit and added the news did not go over well, but he felt like he needed to do it because he needs to look at his future.
“Hopefully, I will make more visits in December,” Simmons said. “I don’t think anything is going to happen right now. I just decommitted so I have Penn State coaches direct messaging me on twitter. So we will see where that leads. I hope they offer.”
The school recruiting Simmons the hardest is Wake Forest.
“Everybody is recruiting me,” he said. “Everybody on the coaching staff is talking to me. “
Meanwhile, the trip to San Diego State should give Simmons a look at a program he doesn’t know much about. His contact with the Aztecs is assistant Tony White.
“He said they would throw the ball more if they had the weapons,” Simmons said. “He’s been telling me it’s so nice out there. I’m looking forward to it. It’s crazy.”
On the opposite climate spectrum is Washington State, but the Cougars are also a dream when it comes to the type of offense Simmons would like to play in.
“They throw the ball every play,” Simmons said. “That’s a big deal. I could red-shirt and fight for playing time and play early.”
Meanwhile, Syracuse is talking to Simmons about the room it has in its class.
“They said I’m the only receiver they are recruiting,” he said. “They said if I don’t commit, they aren’t taking any other receiver.”

http://recruiting.At their request,...e&hootPostID=d06e90867f60d31ee78415e8738f13d9

Free article...

Simmons Decommits, Exploring Options
http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./72/727786.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Recruiting Analyst
Bethlehem (Pa.) Catholic receiver Freddie Simmons decommitted from Rutgers and is exploring his options, which include two official visits already set.
Freddie Simmons knew for a while he didn’t feel comfortable with his commitment to Rutgers, but he waited for the season to end to make his decision known to Scarlet Knights coach Kyle Flood.
Now Simmons, a receiver from Bethlehem (Pa.) Catholic, is focused on a handful of other schools – Wake Forest, San Diego State, Washington State, Syracuse, UCF and Penn State. He has official visits set to Wake Forest (Jan. 16) and San Diego State (Jan. 23)
“I think the whole setting and location ….the whole reason I decommitted is I didn‘t get to visit any schools with an official visit and when I visited (Rutgers) I wasn’t comfortable,” Simmons said of his trip to the game against Wisconsin. “I was driving around campus and looking around and I didn’t feel comfortable. I didn’t want to go there.”
Simmons said it was tough calling Flood to decommit and added the news did not go over well, but he felt like he needed to do it because he needs to look at his future.
“Hopefully, I will make more visits in December,” Simmons said. “I don’t think anything is going to happen right now. I just decommitted so I have Penn State coaches direct messaging me on twitter. So we will see where that leads. I hope they offer.”
The school recruiting Simmons the hardest is Wake Forest.
“Everybody is recruiting me,” he said. “Everybody on the coaching staff is talking to me. “
Meanwhile, the trip to San Diego State should give Simmons a look at a program he doesn’t know much about. His contact with the Aztecs is assistant Tony White.
“He said they would throw the ball more if they had the weapons,” Simmons said. “He’s been telling me it’s so nice out there. I’m looking forward to it. It’s crazy.”
On the opposite climate spectrum is Washington State, but the Cougars are also a dream when it comes to the type of offense Simmons would like to play in.
“They throw the ball every play,” Simmons said. “That’s a big deal. I could red-shirt and fight for playing time and play early.”
Meanwhile, Syracuse is talking to Simmons about the room it has in its class.
“They said I’m the only receiver they are recruiting,” he said. “They said if I don’t commit, they aren’t taking any other receiver.”

Oh boy. I don't see how we can look at what we have now and feel comfortable, especially after losing Cooper and Williams?

Oh boy. I don't see how we can look at what we have now and feel comfortable, especially after losing Cooper and Williams?
Sounds like they thought they had a solid shot at Parkinson.

Sounds like they thought they had a solid shot at Parkinson.
Have to like your chances vs. Ivies and Uconn. I think those were the only other options.