Class of 2018 - WR Qadir Ismail (MD) Transferring from Villanova | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Qadir Ismail (MD) Transferring from Villanova

If any of those numbers are at all accurate, we should offer him immediately

On the recruiting sites, they have him at 6'7". If he is that tall and runs a 4.4, you bring him on board.

Makes sense. Qadry’s wife is 7 foot tall.

I really hope we kick the tires on this one. Would be nice to see Qadry back in the Dome. (That’s just an added benefit, hopefully the kid is legit after switching to WR).

How did this guy only have 11 catches all year? It's not like they didn't throw it. Clearly some injury issues since he only played in 9 games.

Does he have two years left?

From my count it appears that he has 3 years. Played freshman season in 3 games, didn’t play in 19 or 20. So a redshirt and a covid year.

From my count it appears that he has 3 years. Played freshman season in 3 games, didn’t play in 19 or 20. So a redshirt and a covid year.
Oh nice. It sounds like there is a lot to work with there. Maybe he can turn in to a great receiver. Imagine having he and Alford as the outside receivers?

How did this guy only have 11 catches all year? It's not like they didn't throw it. Clearly some injury issues since he only played in 9 games.
He tore a ligament in his thumb that required surgery. Post surgery rehab was supposed to be 12 weeks but he was cleared after 4.

I think 2. Like you mentioned played in ‘18, didn’t play in 19 or 20, but played WR this past season in 21. So he’s been in school for 4 years total (1 redshirt, 1 covid that don’t count) but 2 that did count towards clock which leaves him with 2 to play 2.

As I tend to mention, I follow Villanova football.

This year, Nova had a decent QB who could air the ball downfield, and they had two wideouts they would send out on post routes. Ismail wasn't one of them - he was very much the third or fourth option. I'm not sure he has the talent to suddenly make an impact in P5 when he was not lighting the world on fire in the CAA.

I believe she did play basketball at SU.
She did. Think her maiden name was Holly Oslander, a center at SU. I keep calling her Kelly for some reason. (Old age) She was another of the SU women’s basketball players who married an SU football player. Donovan McNabb married Raquel Nurse, point guard at SU and Randy Edsall married Eileen Smith, another SU basketball player. There are probably more but again - old age.

Did original tweet say anything more than he entered the portal ? It’s no longer avail.

I think 2. Like you mentioned played in ‘18, didn’t play in 19 or 20, but played WR this past season in 21. So he’s been in school for 4 years total (1 redshirt, 1 covid that don’t count) but 2 that did count towards clock which leaves him with 2 to play 2.
they are being pretty lenient right now though.. if he didnt play in 19 for injury and they throw out 20 and he missed much if 21 for injury he might argue he missed 3 yrs and they give him 1 back. who knows.

I went to Nova’s first playoff game the week after Thanksgiving. Ismael was a full head taller than any of their over skill position players.
He looks HUGE in that clip. Might work as 3rd down/end zone/jump ball type of receiver, or one hell of a TE.

IMO, we should take a serious look at him; with our upgraded Offensive coaching and that he hasn’t played in some time added to his intangibles of height and speed makes him a great candidate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom