Class of 2017 - WR Sharod Johnson (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Sharod Johnson (FL) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

This kids film looks pretty good. I think he has good speed to which shows on the kick returns.

His 4.29 shuttle and 33 inch vert are pretty good. The 40 time was good for #23 out of 267 kids. 3rd team All Dade. Bulstein pre-season top 75 not bad.

Last edited:
Seems like holding onto both FL WR in this class will be doing what Baber's offenses do: put up numbers.

Both will be sought after kids. Have to make it look like they'd be silly to go any where else.

Also. This season is going to be a lot of fun.

Riley is listed at 5'9" 165, Butler at 6'0" 180. Johnson is ~6', 175. Are we looking at this size as a prototype for a slot player?

Riley is listed at 5'9" 165, Butler at 6'0" 180. Johnson is ~6', 175. Are we looking at this size as a prototype for a slot player?
I assume those heights/weights are closer to the mean--->more candidates eligible to recruit. We aren't a selector school to grab a 6'4", 225lbs Slot.

TexanMark said:
I assume those heights/weights are closer to the mean--->more candidates eligible to recruit. We aren't a selector school to grab a 6'4", 225lbs Slot.

Baber's obviously believes speed > size (at that position)

Sharod, welcome to the Syracuse Football family! Go Orange!
sharod Johnson4410243.jpg

Booker T is a good school. I'm sure we'll be fighting off other P5 schools for him down the stretch.

Booker T is a good school. I'm sure we'll be fighting off other P5 schools for him down the stretch.

Hopefully, his size [or lack thereof] won't have too many of the big boys chasing him down.

Baber's obviously believes speed > size (at that position)

I'd expect that speed AND size is what Babers wants. But since we aren't in a position to recruit prospects who combine both at an elite level, he'll sacrifice size for speed instead of the opposite way around. And once we start to win, we'll be a much more attractive destination locale for bigger WR recruits eventually.

RF2044 said:
I'd expect that speed AND size is what Babers wants. But since we aren't in a position to recruit prospects who combine both at an elite level, he'll sacrifice size for speed instead of the opposite way around. And once we start to win, we'll be a much more attractive destination locale for bigger WR recruits eventually.

Agreed. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Big and fast is always preferred.

"I will never turn down visits, but my commitment is 100 percent official," Johnson said.

Huh? That's like telling my wife that my commitment to our marriage is 100 percent official but I will never turn down a date.

Sooooo... it's 100 percent but the young man is willing to go on visits to listen to other coaches try to change his mind. Okay, makes sense.

By the way, I'm a fan of Sharod. It's this recruiting madness (on both sides) that sometimes causes me to shake my head. It's actually smart on his behalf... just not 100% so.

"I will never turn down visits, but my commitment is 100 percent official," Johnson said.

Huh? That's like telling my wife that my commitment to our marriage is 100 percent official but I will never turn down a date.

Sooooo... it's 100 percent but the young man is willing to go on visits to listen to other coaches try to change his mind. Okay, makes sense.

By the way, I'm a fan of Sharod. It's this recruiting madness (on both sides) that sometimes causes me to shake my head. It's actually smart on his behalf... just not 100% so.

Would you turn down a free vacation? :D

The strip club analogy.

I get so frustrated reading this stuff as a fan but know that if I was in the same situation, I'd probably do the same thing. I just think that any commitment before setting foot on campus is pretty much worthless though I'm sure the rate of retention is probably greater than 50%.

Would you turn down a free vacation? :D

I've actually thought of that before. I think it depends on the person. I don't really care to be in the spotlight and would rather be left alone most of the time so nah, no thanks.

It sort of reminds me of getting a free trip to Cancun but having to do timeshare presentations every day. I actually did something very similar and never again. It just wasn't worth it.

I've actually thought of that before. I think it depends on the person. I don't really care to be in the spotlight and would rather be left alone most of the time so nah, no thanks.

It sort of reminds me of getting a free trip to Cancun but having to do timeshare presentations every day. I actually did something very similar and never again. It just wasn't worth it.
Well maybe is may take one visit and then turn down any other there after. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom