Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

I agree it is important to get recruits from NYS, especially local ones. I believe an effort was made to do that. Some reasons we failed this year: 1)Not a great crop

2)Big dogs ate first.. Georgia (2), Minn (2), PSI (1) Wisc(1) Rutgers (1)
(Thanks Nick Monroe)
3) We did pretty good this year finding quality out of state recruits

Mich St currently has 5 commits. Dino likely doesn't want to lose other recruits while Syair makes up his mind. Like Seller hurt us last year.

*U of Mich has 22 verbals. Only 2 are from Michigan.

*Oklahoma has 8 verbals. 0 are from Oklahoma

If we keep recruiting NJ like we are, I won’t sweat NY much. It would be nice to get the best NY kids but like basically all other high end kids out there who can choose from Penn State, Notre Dame or Syracuse, we will lose. Syair did not have that kind of list so it’s a lot more aggravating but we will survive. With the exception of Marrone’s 4 years we just haven’t had a staff who connected with NY kids and coaches since P and George left

I agree it is important to get recruits from NYS, especially local ones. I believe an effort was made to do that. Some reasons we failed this year: 1)Not a great crop

2)Big dogs ate first.. Georgia (2), Minn (2), PSI (1) Wisc(1) Rutgers (1)
(Thanks Nick Monroe)
3) We did pretty good this year finding quality out of state recruits

Mich St currently has 5 commits. Dino likely doesn't want to lose other recruits while Syair makes up his mind. Like Seller hurt us last year.

*U of Mich has 22 verbals. Only 2 are from Michigan.

*Oklahoma has 8 verbals. 0 are from Oklahoma
“1)Big dogs ate first.. Georgia (2), Minn (2), PSI (1) Wisc(1) Rutgers (1)”

Minnesota and Rutgers? Come on. Please don’t make me ill.

Hate to break the news to you but any big 10 school comes on our turf and wants to raid the coup our chicken's get ate. I don't like it but it is the way it is. Rutger has an advantage that kids families can easily come to see them play. Minnesota has the big 10 to sell and Monroe is an expert salesman and he knows our turf and I believe they just kicked our butt in last years bowl game. Rutgers can easily match or exceed our recruiting in NY the last few years.

Hate to break the news to you but any big 10 school comes on our turf and wants to raid the coup our chicken's get ate. I don't like it but it is the way it is. Rutger has an advantage that kids families can easily come to see them play. Minnesota has the big 10 to sell and Monroe is an expert salesman and he knows our turf and I believe they just kicked our butt in last years bowl game. Rutgers can easily match or exceed our recruiting in NY the last few years.
Considering how many guys we were missing and how few they were missing, I wouldn’t quite call the Minny game a butt kicking. And Rutgers could bring in a full class of 5 star kids and will still go 4-8 every year.

I will agree on most, but not Rutgers. Sorry. And I’m not the Orange colored glasses type. Minnesota isn’t exactly Ohio St. Others? Sure, but don’t act like the Gophers are some juggernaut.

We also had that bowl game in hand before the Schrader pick. Hey, but a loss is a loss.

I’m fair. I didn’t think we’d get the Robinson kid from U of Washington because it’s a superior program and we didn’t. I can’t say the same for the two I singled-out here. Georgia? PSU? No argument. Rutgers? Not the same.

Considering the fact that you follow and post on a Syracuse University recruiting forum, that is an exceptional feat
A feat of Herculean strength.

Considering how many guys we were missing and how few they were missing, I wouldn’t quite call the Minny game a butt kicking. And Rutgers could bring in a full class of 5 star kids and will still go 4-8 every year.
My response was replying to the idea going through this thread about losing nys recruits. No we didn't blow out Minnesota and Rutgers sucks. They so far have out recruited us this year and they are hauling out players I assume we are after. Not the end of the world. I believe we are starting to get back on track. This particular year just may not be our shining moment.

Sucks for perception but he played out his recruitment the way you are suppose to. He committed early. Teams stop recruiting because of that. He decided to open it up so he could be sure SU was the only place for him. He liked Mich st. Wish him well. Seems like a quality kid.

Meh. See ya.

I’m sure the staff will keep an eye on him and no bridges will be burned. I don’t wish people ill, and won’t here. Kinda lame, though

I also wish him the best, but will never watch him play unless I have absolutely nothing better to do.

Wow, bad news comes in threes, I guess. Don't know if we've even had a wide receiver well dry up as fast as the last couple of recruiting days.

Wow, bad news comes in threes, I guess. Don't know if we've even had a wide receiver well dry up as fast as the last couple of recruiting days.
Eh, Robinson was toast the minute he was going to make the UW trip, Williams was pretty clear that while he is a legacy and likes SU he was going elsewhere and Syair was toast the minute he made the visit to East Lansing. We all just fooled ourselves into thinking otherwise. Certainly need some WR help but we are overall doing quite well for 2024 so far

Eh, Robinson was toast the minute he was going to make the UW trip, Williams was pretty clear that while he is a legacy and likes SU he was going elsewhere and Syair was toast the minute he made the visit to East Lansing. We all just fooled ourselves into thinking otherwise. Certainly need some WR help but we are overall doing quite well for 2024 so far
I'm far less secure on our wr room than most. Defcon 2 for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom