Wrestlemania 2018 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wrestlemania 2018

This is one of the results that makes you embarrassed to let people know you watch wrestling. I would have rather seen Braun take them both down himself.

Why does Charlotte need further affirmation that she's going to be the HHH of the women's division? That was a bit humiliating for Asuka to not only lose via submission, but to say that Charlotte was ready for her.

The show tanked badly after the mixed tag match which exceeded expectations only because the bar was that low. I actually wanted Roman to win so that was the last time we see Brock. He has overstayed his welcome. The WWE has more than enough talent if they bothered to put them in positions to succeed.

The show left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I didn't mind Asuka losing, maybe I wouldn't have done it, but they see Charlotte as their girl for the future to build to a match with Rousey. So I can buy that, but I agree that she shouldn't have done the post match. If she taps out, she should go on a rampage and kill people starting on Raw. (granted, she can do that, but the promo after the match wasn't needed)

I legit think the mixed tag was a very good match. Everyone pretty much played their role to perfection. I think the show fell off after the Bryan match, like I said before, i didn't love the booking of him being laid out to start, really brought the crowd down.

I ended up watching. A few thoughts:

- Charlotte-Asuka was the best match.

- The mixed tag match was good but Angle really moves slowly these days. Stephanie’s blatant cheating was entertaining.

- The main event was like watching someone play Smackdown vs. Raw - or whatever they call the video game these days. Constantly hitting finishers and then kicking out.

- Alexa Bliss stands out for her charisma on a roster of pretty boring and bland characters.

- Surprised Undertaker beat Cena so easily. His easiest Mania match since Jimmy Snuka?

The Undertaker squash was set up to redeem last year's debacle. Him coming back just somewhat ruined what was supposed to be a handing of the torch to Reigns.

I ended up watching. A few thoughts:

- Charlotte-Asuka was the best match.

- The mixed tag match was good but Angle really moves slowly these days. Stephanie’s blatant cheating was entertaining.

- The main event was like watching someone play Smackdown vs. Raw - or whatever they call the video game these days. Constantly hitting finishers and then kicking out.

- Alexa Bliss stands out for her charisma on a roster of pretty boring and bland characters.

- Surprised Undertaker beat Cena so easily. His easiest Mania match since Jimmy Snuka?

I don't understand the Cena-Taker thing at all. All that for a 3 minute squash? Cena should still be one of their biggest stars

Oops, sorry, I must’ve clicked on the Entertainment forum by mistake. Don’t get up, I’ll let myself.

I don't understand the Cena-Taker thing at all. All that for a 3 minute squash? Cena should still be one of their biggest stars
Taker himself wasn’t happy with his match against Reigns last year.
It was a sloppy match and apparently Vince really pushed it on him so he put over Reigns.
Last night was Vince letting Taker avenge that loss and because they are building Cena up for his record breaking title reign they want the ultimate over coming the odds narrative with him losing all these matches now.
The match probably should have been 10-15 minutes longer but Taker probably couldn’t do that and they didn’t want a brawl.

Cena doesn’t lose any credibility losing the match and he probably wins support from people who didn’t like his Superman gimmick.
He put Taker over clean.

I now think Undertaker is unretired and will probably be back next year as long as he physically can.

Off the WM topic, I loved the Royal Rumble this year, anybody else pumped for the 50 man Royal Rumble later this month?

Off the WM topic, I loved the Royal Rumble this year, anybody else pumped for the 50 man Royal Rumble later this month?

Where is that at?

Saudi Arabia. They also announced that Bruce Prichard and Conrad are doing a podcast for wwe as well. Lots of cool things going on with wwe, at least for me. Haven't started watching until 4 months ago after about taking 15 years off.

WWE Greatest Royal Rumble - Wikipedia
50 man royal rumble?
Why?
I went to the 40 man one in Boston in 2011.
Diesel was the surprise entry that was awesome.

50 man in Saudi Arabia wow that is crazy I am sure the winner will get a title shot at Summerslam or something.

There is some legit talent right now

It is amazing. Guys that are in the mid card look like main eventers. That's why I'm so confused why they always get so stuck on pushing guys that just can't get over like a Roman Reigns.

I know the guy gets a lot of ish but I legit tried to like him and it's just impossible. It works the other way too, I want to dislike AJ Styles but can't help but to like him and really enjoy watching his matches.

50 man royal rumble?
Why?
I went to the 40 man one in Boston in 2011.
Diesel was the surprise entry that was awesome.

50 man in Saudi Arabia wow that is crazy I am sure the winner will get a title shot at Summerslam or something.

Saudi Arabia is paying them what I can only assume is a ridiculous amount of money

Saudi Arabia is paying them what I can only assume is a ridiculous amount of money

Yes it's part of a 10-year strategic multi-platform partnership between WWE and the Saudi General Sports Authority in support of Saudi Vision 2030, Saudi Arabia's social and economic reform program- according to Wikipedia.

Not sure if the money has been released, but it's enough to essentially consider it a second Wrestlemania.

Yes it's part of a 10-year strategic multi-platform partnership between WWE and the Saudi General Sports Authority in support of Saudi Vision 2030, Saudi Arabia's social and economic reform program- according to Wikipedia.

Not sure if the money has been released, but it's enough to essentially consider it a second Wrestlemania.

Hasn't been released yet, they seemed to duck questions about it yesterday. Will have to release at some point I think

Are there any Saudi Arabians on the current roster?

Hasn't been released yet, they seemed to duck questions about it yesterday. Will have to release at some point I think
It’s a publicly traded company they will open their books to shareholders every quarter.
I am sure they got paid.
Going all the way to Saudi Arabia and having to ignore the women’s division after all the progress they are getting paid.

I wish this show wasn’t as close to WM as I love the RR. I hope it’s a one time RR thing.

It’s a publicly traded company they will open their books to shareholders every quarter.
I am sure they got paid.
Going all the way to Saudi Arabia and having to ignore the women’s division after all the progress they are getting paid.

I wish this show wasn’t as close to WM as I love the RR. I hope it’s a one time RR thing.

Yeah they won't need to disclose this until the call in August I think.

Royal Rumble is great, I am also hoping this is a one off.

Saudi Arabia. They also announced that Bruce Prichard and Conrad are doing a podcast for wwe as well. Lots of cool things going on with wwe, at least for me. Haven't started watching until 4 months ago after about taking 15 years off.

WWE Greatest Royal Rumble - Wikipedia
Interesting thing about that is the start time.

High Noon.

My son is getting into Wrestling but I couldn’t justify Wrestlemania as it starts too late and he’d be asleep for most of it.

Now this, we can do. And I think the Royal Rumble aspect of it will be make it pretty cool for a soon to be 7 year old.

Interesting thing about that is the start time.

High Noon.

My son is getting into Wrestling but I couldn’t justify Wrestlemania as it starts too late and he’d be asleep for most of it.

Now this, we can do. And I think the Royal Rumble aspect of it will be make it pretty cool for a soon to be 7 year old.
It’s at noon eastern because Saudi Arabia is 7 hours ahead.
I looked it up it’s on a Friday.
Definitely should let your kid watch the 50 man royal rumble.

Wrestlemania is 7 hours long it’s way too long.

It’s at noon eastern because Saudi Arabia is 7 hours ahead.
I looked it up it’s on a Friday.
Definitely should let your kid watch the 50 man royal rumble.

Wrestlemania is 7 hours long it’s way too long.
It’s a Friday?? Figured it would still be a Sunday.

Ugh.

Was thinking I could invite his friends and their dads over for some beers with Yankees and Mets games on other TVs.

Would’ve been awesome.

It’s a Friday?? Figured it would still be a Sunday.

Ugh.

Was thinking I could invite his friends and their dads over for some beers with Yankees and Mets games on other TVs.

Would’ve been awesome.
Friday April 27th.
Yeah I doubt anyone in the USA will watch it live. I won’t for sure but Saudi Arabia paid a boatload for this.
You could watch the next day as I doubt your kid or his friends will read spoilers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom