Wrestlemania 2018 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wrestlemania 2018

Not sure if you did it but you just add it as an app on the Samsung TV.

I actually cancelled the membership yesterday. It’s really easy to turn on and turn off, probably the easiest subscription I’ve ever had to manage. No having to get on the phone to cancel while someone keeps trying to sell you.

I only turned it off because my son got too obsessed. That would be my only advice. It was nuts, could hardly get him to want to do anything else.

Anyone watch the Andre documentary? I’ve always been obsessed with him. When I was 12, I got to be one of those kids at ringside who tapped him on his way to the ring. He was just so enormous. Haven’t had a chance to watch yet the documentary yet though. They did one on A&E several years back, which I loved.

If you ever want to see something really sad, google Andre’s last match.
I taped it last night, despite on demand I still, well I guess dvr is the right term, things I want to watch or I forget them.

Saw the original too, that was good. I remember a gorgeous Saturday afternoon when it was on A & E and I watched that and Wrestling With Shadows, back to back. I think it rained 4 consecutive Saturdays after, but I got my fix in.

Stephanie has become the public face of the brand. And not the heel she plays on TV. That the WWE would kowtow to such a blatant patriarchy is probably eating at her.

The check they're getting probably makes it a little easier for her to stomach.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they think they can make some great advances for women in Saudi Arabia, just need to get their foot in the door, start slowly, etc.

Not sure if you did it but you just add it as an app on the Samsung TV.

I actually cancelled the membership yesterday. It’s really easy to turn on and turn off, probably the easiest subscription I’ve ever had to manage. No having to get on the phone to cancel while someone keeps trying to sell you.

I only turned it off because my son got too obsessed. That would be my only advice. It was nuts, could hardly get him to want to do anything else.

Anyone watch the Andre documentary? I’ve always been obsessed with him. When I was 12, I got to be one of those kids at ringside who tapped him on his way to the ring. He was just so enormous. Haven’t had a chance to watch yet the documentary yet though. They did one on A&E several years back, which I loved.

If you ever want to see something really sad, google Andre’s last match.

I watched the André documentary last night. It was well done and spoke highly of his character. Even Vince McMahon had tears in his eyes towards the end of it. Not sure I’ve ever seen Vince shed a tear before.

Also, André apparently drank over 100 bottles of beer some nights. Not sure how that’s humanly possible.

The old stuff is so good. I was watching a Smackdown from WM 2005 season where Kurt Angle had the Sensational Sherri with him and had a great promo on Shawn Michaels.

Nowadays everything is so scripted nothing is ad lipped and it’s so bad. It’s not even the fact it’s PG rated it’s the writing is so bad.

Yeah, I’ve been watching a lot of old WCW nitros. The early days of the NWO when they were always taking over the broadcasting booth and would start calling matches...lol. So many great cracks. That unscripted feel and just letting them be themselves would never happen now. It’s kinda hard to go back once you’ve already gone that route.

They've now switched that up to Jericho returning to face Taker.

Awesome, that will get me to watch. Jericho is the last guy left that still wrestles, where I’ll watch the event solely because he’s on the card. Maybe Rock or CM Punk if they were to wrestle again.

Awesome, that will get me to watch. Jericho is the last guy left that still wrestles, where I’ll watch the event solely because he’s on the card. Maybe Rock or CM Punk if they were to wrestle again.

For sure. Jericho can wrestle and is one of the few up there with the Rock on the mic that can just crack me up.

For sure. Jericho can wrestle and is one of the few up there with the Rock on the mic that can just crack me up.

Yeah, he can do it all. He can play it for laughs, or make it serious.

The Jericho-Shawn Michaels feud was the greatest.

Yeah, he can do it all. He can play it for laughs, or make it serious.

The Jericho-Shawn Michaels feud was the greatest.
Kurt Angle-Shawn Michaels for me.

Jericho is money on the mic and in the ring. He always held back in his prime by HHH.

That post Stone Cold-Rock Era really was HHH put himself over everybody. It was basically like this.
1997-2002 Stone Cold/Rock/Undertaker Attitude Era.

2002-2005 the HHH buries everyone on Raw Era. His ego got out of control. While Lesnar controlled Smackdown.

2005-2016 the John Cena Era product became PG.

2016-present Roman Reigns Era. Long term fans hate watch and Vince tries to force this guy as the guy.

Last edited:
Kurt Angle-Shawn Michaels for me.

Jericho is money on the mic and in the ring. He always held back in his prime by HHH.

That post Stone Cold-Rock Era really was HHH put himself over everybody. It was basically like this.
1997-2002 Stone Cold/Rock/Undertaker Attitude Era.

2002-2005 the HHH buries everyone Era. His ego got out of control.

2005-2016 the John Cena Era product became PG.

2016-present Roman Reigns Era. Long term fans hate watch and Vince tries to force this guy as the guy.

I saw the Wrestlemania match and maybe the rematch at another PPV that year, but don’t think I saw many of the weekly episodes for Angle-Michaels.

But Jericho-Michaels(the 2008 feud) sucked me right in and I was watching every week just for their segment for the duration of that feud.

I saw the Wrestlemania match and maybe the rematch at another PPV that year, but don’t think I saw many of the weekly episodes for Angle-Michaels.

But Jericho-Michaels(the 2008 feud) sucked me right in and I was watching every week just for their segment for the duration of that feud.
Watch WM season Raw/Smackdowns in 2005.
Kurt brings back Marty Jannety and Sensational Sherri.
Shawn fires back like only Shawn could.

You just sold me.

For $10 a month it’s a no brainer. If I watch it 1x every 3 months it’s still worth it. But I know the boy will likely put it on often, especially once he figures out how to surf it. He’s on Netflix and the on demand shlit all the time now.

Either him or my daughter will crack my parental control and my bill will will triple I just know it, so I try to give them as much as possible to keep them occupied.

He always is asking me who my favorite wrestlers are, it’s about time I just show him Rowdy Roddy Piper, Junkyard Dog, Bret Hart, HBK, Stone Cold etc...

Will likely have to skip some of Degeneration X...

He wants to see the Rock, Sting, Ultimate Warrior, Hogan and he’s fascinated with the Worlds Strongest Man Mark Henry.

Best (and last) live WWE event I attended was 1998 Summer Slam at MSG.

That era might be a little too inappropriate for your son’s current age but it was glorious to be a 22 year old college grad with enough disposable income to get hammered at MSG while watching one of the most legendary wrestling events ever.

Then again, the Rick Rude/Jake the Snake tights ripping feud was pretty risqué for the 80s.

So one half of the shakeup happened last night. As far as I can tell, the newcomers to Raw are Jinder Mahal, Bobby Roode, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Baron Corbin, Natalya, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, The Riott Squad and Breezango. It was also mentioned over the internet that Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley are also coming to Raw.

The Miz is going to Smackdown. We will find out the rest of the new roster for Smackdown tonight.

So one half of the shakeup happened last night. As far as I can tell, the newcomers to Raw are Jinder Mahal, Bobby Roode, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Baron Corbin, Natalya, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, The Riott Squad and Breezango. It was also mentioned over the internet that Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley are also coming to Raw.

The Miz is going to Smackdown. We will find out the rest of the new roster for Smackdown tonight.

Love Bobby Roode, wish he came around about a decade earlier.

That said, I find Ruby Riot crazy hot for some reason and I don't know why.

Love Bobby Roode, wish he came around about a decade earlier.

That said, I find Ruby Riot crazy hot for some reason and I don't know why.

I started watching TNA for awhile maybe 10-12 years ago and I loved Roode as a heel. He was just that classic old school bad guy.

I started watching TNA for awhile maybe 10-12 years ago and I loved Roode as a heel. He was just that classic old school bad guy.

I unfortunately wrote TNA off and pretty much wrestling off until about 8 months ago or so, you're right, Roode just has IT. He'd be a I could see that could legit pull off a Million Dollar Man or Mr Perfect gimmick from back in the day, and that's a compliment as I don't know many guys who could today. B

I unfortunately wrote TNA off and pretty much wrestling off until about 8 months ago or so, you're right, Roode just has IT. He'd be a I could see that could legit pull off a Million Dollar Man or Mr Perfect gimmick from back in the day, and that's a compliment as I don't know many guys who could today. B

He actually had a Million Dollar Man type gimmick back then. I think it was a Wall Street stock broker gimmick. He dressed in suits and had “Robert Roode Incorporated”. But he also had the vicious side of like an early 2000s HHH. I liked TNA quite a bit for a couple years back then when they used a 6 sided ring, but eventually lost interest completely.

I started watching it mainly because Christian and Kurt Angle had recently gone there, and Roode was the main “TNA guy” that I liked, even more than AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

He actually had a Million Dollar Man type gimmick back then. I think it was a Wall Street stock broker gimmick. He dressed in suits and had “Robert Roode Incorporated”. But he also had the vicious side of like an early 2000s HHH. I liked TNA quite a bit for a couple years back then when they used a 6 sided ring, but eventually lost interest completely.

I started watching it mainly because Christian and Kurt Angle had recently gone there, and Roode was the main “TNA guy” that I liked, even more than AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.

Hopefully WWE buys them so I can watch it on the network Lmao

Hopefully WWE buys them so I can watch it on the network Lmao

Lol, great point. I honestly wasn’t sure if they still existed. Feel like there’s been rumors of them going out of business for years, but I haven’t paid much attention to really know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom